• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

All absolutely true! 

In addition, the Lord also gave us the natural instinct (for lack of a better word) to question; who are we, why are we here, where are we going, where are we at and whom exactly am I; the glorious creation of everything that is; a curiosity to seek Him and ask questions. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KJV) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Dennis I'm another one who He seems to have given an inquisitive nature and a desire to at  least attempt to peer into the unknowable.  I fully  believe what is absolutely unknowable to us by any power or perception we have is fully known to Him and  He can reveal them  to us. 

Time and it's nature and purpose have also been a particularly interesting topic to me.  I'll just lay out a few points, some I'm pretty  confident of, and some that are pretty speculative and might be totally "off"  :)   I find it  a fun exercise and enjoy pondering it in any case.

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'

I really believe He meant what He promised there :)

What I  feel confident of:

1.  God created time and therefore is  not bound by its limitations.  He stands above all He has created, and fills it, but is not limited  by any of it. 

2.  It is popular to say  that Heaven is timeless.....but is that really true?  In Revelation we see a picture of the  Throne room, the seat of the presence of Father, and it seems that even if that  realm is not bound by time, events there can at least sometimes be measured by it?  Not  sure  what to do with this or  how to understand  it, but there is proof here that the third heaven does at least relate to time, in some significant fashion:

When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

Fun speculation:

1.  Given many of the things you  already  mentioned I am also familiar with (the relative nature of time, time slowing down....etc) I find it interesting that the  relationship between time and light (speed) reveals something interesting.

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

I find it interesting that light is the ONLY thing perceivable by our natural senses that is NOT limited by time.  I think Jesus was very good about leaving little clues to His nature in little statements He  made but couched in terms that would only be heard and remarked upon by people who know Him...little claims  and proofs of Who He is given to those with ears to hear.   In the Greek that phrase "I am" is "ego eimi", which  just happens to be exactly how you would translate YWHW, the name God revealed to Moses at the burning bush.  The "I am"  the eternally, self-existent One.  He is God, He is the Light, He  is Truth, He  is the Word, and He is the one and only Way to Father.  And He transcends time.

2.  Given the apparent  fact that once we step out of these flesh bodies we seem to step into a realm that isn't dominated by  time's limitations, I speculate  that  time might be the  "agent" that keeps us limted to very  linear  perceptions of events and a "sequential" perception of existence.   In Him, after the new birth, it seems we already  have access to the  spirit realm and HAVE entered eternity in a significant  way.  I don't believe our spirits are bound by the limitations of time any more at all.  We will never see death.  This flesh will lose it's vitality  and return to the dust it came from, but we are alive to Him at the new birth, never to be separated from Him again.

3.  There is a lot of indication in current  scientific research that places like CERN may well be being used to study the  "time barrier" and learn ways around  it...ways to manipulate  it  and there is reason to believe some of those hurdles may  already have been overcome behind  the scenes, hidden from our sight...so far.

got a lot more I'd like to go into but out of time for the moment.....fun  topic though :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

22 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Look no further than the Democrats and liberals, their morals, goals and agenda's.

And well all of us to some greater or lesser degree. A flaw is less than perfection, and perfection is God's minimum standard.

Just seems to me that liberals and demoncrats try to put things back together using silly putty.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Modern day musical prophets, Hum?

A little levity, Dennis. Perhaps, too little too late, for my/our generation.

Personally, I avoid 'thinking' about the subject time, as I tend to start morbid introspecting.
Consider:
Forever.
Past.
Think. Really think.              OOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO OOO O OO OO O......................... ...... ... ... .. .        
No beginning.
Always. Either direction.
There is no boundary.
Like infinity.
Time.
Space.

Alpha/Omega

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord"

"Now I know in part; but then shall I know, even as also I am known"

OP answer...........9:40, AM

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yeah. My personal thinking is Adam was created with much more intelligence than we see today. Just like human longevity decreased on a linear scale (because of sin), I think DNA and human intelligence also degraded to the point we're at now. Need an example? Look no further than the Democrats and liberals, their morals, goals and agenda's.

All politics basically - no matter what party ......  love of money and all.....  

The overall corruption and speeding downhill has been noted for a century (of all the system, even worldwide, as written).....