• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 hours ago, LadyKay said:

That is really about it. Nothing more to say.

Hi, Sorry that you are hurting. To be visiting a form of hell must be most trying on the mind and spirit.  Might we join in prayer together at the prayer request and perhaps the praise forum?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Debp said:

LadyKay, God even hears us when we don't have any words to pray

What we are thinking can be the prayer that God is hearing. 

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

So . . . are we being gentle and quiet in love, so we can hear God and submit to Him? 

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

This is a basic of Christianity, how we all are "called in one body" > all of us, then > to submit to how God personally rules each of us in His peace. So, this is included in how to pray and how to always be ready to hear God. 

Prayer is for hearing, not only being heard >

"swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath" (in James 1:19-20)

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Does God really answer the sincere prayers of devoted worshippers? The Bible account about a little-known man named Jabez shows that God is indeed the “Hearer of prayer.” (Psalm 65:2) This brief account is found in what might seem an unlikely place—in the midst of the genealogical lists that open the book of First Chronicles (see chapter 4:9, 10).

All that we know about Jabez is found in these two verses. According to verse 9, his mother “called his name Jabez, saying: ‘I have given him birth in pain.’” Why did she choose such a name? Did she bring forth this son with more than the usual birth pangs? Was she perhaps a widow, lamenting the fact that her husband was not there to welcome their baby into the world? The Bible does not say. But this mother would someday have reason to be especially proud of this son. Jabez’ siblings may have been upright men, but “Jabez came to be more honorable than his brothers.”

Jabez was a man of prayer. He began his prayer by pleading for God’s blessing. He then made three requests that reflect a heart full of faith.
First, Jabez implored God, saying: “Enlarge my territory.” (Verse 10) This honorable man was no land-grabber, coveting what belonged to his fellow man. His earnest request may have had more to do with people than land. He may have been asking for the peaceful enlargement of his territory so that it could hold more worshippers of the true God.

Second, Jabez pleaded for God’s “hand” to be with him. God’s symbolic hand is his applied power, which he uses to help his worshippers. (1 Chronicles 29:12) To receive the requests of his heart, Jabez looked to the God whose hand is not short toward those who show faith in him.—Isaiah 59:1.

Third, Jabez prayed: “Preserve me from calamity, that it may not hurt me.” The expression “that it may not hurt me” may suggest that Jabez prayed, not to escape calamity, but to be kept from being grieved or overcome by the effects of evil.

Jabez’ prayer revealed his concern for true worship and his faith and trust in the Hearer of prayer. How did Jehovah respond? This brief account concludes with the words: “Accordingly God brought to pass what he had asked.”

The Hearer of prayer has not changed. He delights in the prayers of worshippers. Those who place their faith and trust in him may have this confidence: “No matter what it is that we ask according to his will, he hears us.”—1 John 5:14.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Hi, 

I hope I’m not speaking out of line or do I mean to cause any offense. But I’d like to speak kinda on the bold side, please forgive if it does upset the peace of Christ in your heart;

As a Christian we always live under a open heaven. This is why Christ died, to open the way into the Holy of Holy’s. Seeing how this is a accomplished fact, something that can never be undone. Seeing the truth of this, the issue is always on our side. 

Seeing the truth of the above.

Eyes on self, or eyes on something other than Christ is the only cause of a believer not being in fellowship with God. (Sin is the same as self, so they are all listed together.) 

Having said the above. There is one more thing that can cause a believer to not feel/sense their living relationship with Christ, as the deeper it should be growing daily. And that is if God is digging deeper. Or as it can be said pealing back, or off, another layer of self. Which in turn will cause the believer such a increase of joy and a deeper understanding and relationship with Jesus, that causes the heart to do back flips with the tasting of His love in a new, deeper and awesome way. This growing process is hard and can be very painful at times, but know He has promised to perfect those that are willing to commit their ways unto Him in all things, and trust His love for the heart that would be willing to die to all of themselves so they can have all of Him. 

Hope the above words did not offend, only meant to encourage and point to Christ, so an increase of Him, can and would be experienced in life. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

18 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Could it be as written......   'As a person thinks in their heart,   so it is'.....

I think this was addressed a couple years ago.   

In the Bible,  God plainly tells who He listens to (a few),  and who He does not listen to (most/ many), and why.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

How bout Jesus feeling when He carried the cross, beaten and mocked, to die horribly for us all.

Could it be reciprocable ?  

the-king-on-a-cross.jpg

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 6/23/2019 at 1:02 PM, LadyKay said:

Hebrews 13:5  for he hath said: I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. KJV

Psalm 94:14 For the Lord will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance. KJV

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

How bout Jesus feeling when He carried the cross, beaten and mocked, to die horribly for us all.

Could it be reciprocable ? 

No.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

5 hours ago, simplejeff said:

No.

I mean what is the least thing we give in return ? He faced death for us n we just give up n blame our situation ?

Edited by R. Hartono