• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  33

Hi all,

Here are some lovely verses of rest and peace. 

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  Matt. 11:28-30

“And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Ex. 33:14

“…for he gives to his beloved sleep.” Ps. 127:2

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Ps. 46:10

“He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” Is. 40:29-31

“In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.” Ps. 4:8

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.” Ps. 91:1

“Repent therefore, and turn back…that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord…” Acts 3:19-20

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. ...” Ps. 23:1-6

"Better is a handful of quietness than two hands full of toil and a striving after wind.” Ecc. 4:6

“From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised.” Ps. 113:3

“A heart at peace gives life to the body…”  Prov. 14:30

“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.”  Is. 26:3

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  Phil. 4:6-7

“…the God of peace will be with you.”  Phil. 4:9

“Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you.”  Is. 54:10

“The Lord gives strength to his people, the Lord blesses his people with peace.”  Ps. 29:11

“For He Himself is our peace…”  Eph. 2:14

“…the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.”  Rom. 8:6

“Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42

“The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”  Num. 6:24-26

(Citation: https://www.ibelieve.com/health-beauty/20-verses-of-rest-and-peace-for-your-summer.html?utm_source=iBelieve Daily Update&utm_campaign=iBelieve Daily Update&utm_medium=email&utm_content=2850945&bcid=5da31583941ac0436f866785e89f41c2&recip=547950175  )

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

Hi all,

Here are some lovely verses of rest and peace. 

“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  Matt. 11:28-30

“And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Ex. 33:14

“…for he gives to his beloved sleep.” Ps. 127:2

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Ps. 46:10

“He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” Is. 40:29-31

“In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.” Ps. 4:8

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.” Ps. 91:1

“Repent therefore, and turn back…that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord…” Acts 3:19-20

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. ...” Ps. 23:1-6

"Better is a handful of quietness than two hands full of toil and a striving after wind.” Ecc. 4:6

“From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised.” Ps. 113:3

“A heart at peace gives life to the body…”  Prov. 14:30

“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.”  Is. 26:3

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”  Phil. 4:6-7

“…the God of peace will be with you.”  Phil. 4:9

“Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you.”  Is. 54:10

“The Lord gives strength to his people, the Lord blesses his people with peace.”  Ps. 29:11

“For He Himself is our peace…”  Eph. 2:14

“…the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.”  Rom. 8:6

“Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:41-42

“The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”  Num. 6:24-26

(Citation: https://www.ibelieve.com/health-beauty/20-verses-of-rest-and-peace-for-your-summer.html?utm_source=iBelieve Daily Update&utm_campaign=iBelieve Daily Update&utm_medium=email&utm_content=2850945&bcid=5da31583941ac0436f866785e89f41c2&recip=547950175  )

A heart that would wish rest and peace on all, is a heart that has experienced rest and peace itself,  and knows the great gift that it is. 

Blessings, back to you, and may your rest and peace in Him increase in all things. 

Much love in Christ, Not me  

Edited by Not me
  • Praise God! 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Rebecca and Not me ,  put those hands up and praise the LORD .

And Rebecca , you pet Lizzy or Izzy .      I think it was IZZY .      And let all rejoice in the LORD .   

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  John 14:27

These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me, you may have peace.  In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.  John 16:33

Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholds him with His hand.   Psalm 37:24

• Loved it! 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  33

15 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Rebecca and Not me ,  put those hands up and praise the LORD .

And Rebecca , you pet Lizzy or Izzy .      I think it was IZZY .      And let all rejoice in the LORD .   

Hi @frienduff thaylorde

Amen! Yup, she's Izzy. Ah she would enjoy that. Full of energy that girl! Haha.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

14 hours ago, Debp said:

Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholds him with His hand.   Psalm 37:24

@Debp :amen:This one is a real gem of a promise.:) I claim it. Thanks for posting it and the others.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Isaiah 30:15 For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall you be saved; in quietness and confidence shall be your strength

Isaiah 57:1-2 The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. 

Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1