More demonic dreams--

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Lol no. Im gonna be up for a while. When nightmares occure back to back i just stay up to forget about it.

• Praying! 2

9 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Yeah, it was. When you wake up, try thanking the Lord that this was a nightmare, and didn't actually happen. And ask Him to rid and relieve you of having such disastrous night terrors like this. Then accept His loving comfort for you. I'm praying. Love in Christ Jesus. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

P.S. I'd share one that just recently racked me out, but this is your topic to share with us. Take care, sister.

I dont mind you sharing. Ill just keep praying i guess

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

Figure, I sincerely admire your tenacity and refusal to give up seeking Him in the  face of these trials.  I am praying for you and I guarantee He will not  let you down. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

We'll be praying for you. One thing I'll point out is that we can't unsee things or escape the consequences of past actions. Someone who's done permanent or long term damage to their body with drug use and gets saved often still has to live with that damage. It's the same way with our minds. A scary movie, a past event, anything that made an impression on us, can stick with us for a long time and possibly come up in a dream even if we haven't had recent exposure to it. Just the way our earthly brains work. Dreams absolutely CAN be spiritual in nature but a lot of them aren't. I think so long as you're at least trying to walk with God you shouldn't worry too much about the dreams. If they trouble you then immerse yourself in Christ so much as you can for a while. Find things that make a spiritually good impression on you. We're called to renew our minds, which we do by exposing ourselves to Godly things and taking right action. Sometimes it's just necessary to step things up.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Lol no. Im gonna be up for a while. When nightmares occure back to back i just stay up to forget about it.

lack of sleep over time can actually cause dreams of that nature.   It messes with brain chemistry and can literally drive you nuts.

3 hours ago, other one said:

lack of sleep over time can actually cause dreams of that nature.   It messes with brain chemistry and can literally drive you nuts.

I mean i dont stay up for days on end. Just maybe an hour or two. 

Im not an insomniac.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, other one said:

22 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I mean i dont stay up for days on end. Just maybe an hour or two. 

Im not an insomniac.

am an insomniac... Maybe that's my problem! 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

58 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

am an insomniac... Maybe that's my problem! 

about 25 years ago my doctor switched my asthma prescription to theophylline and I happen to be one of the .01% of the people that it affected sleep....    so after a couple of weeks I started sleeping about three hours a night.....   after about six months I lost the ability to deal with stress,   I lost my temper over little things and it was affecting my career...    My wife finally told me to get some kind of counseling or go find somewhere else to live that I was getting scary to live with.

Did the counseling thing for months until one day I had not slept at all and I guess I looked like warmed over death the councilor ask me if I had been to sleep.    After discovering my sleep habits he sent me to my doctor for something to get me some sleep....      My doctor being the greatest ever just asked me if I was still taking theophylline and told me no more.

I slept for two days after coming off the drug and things in our life quickly got back to normal.

So I always ask people their sleep habits when they are having problems for the lack of it effects just about everything in life and our ability to deal with it. 

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, Abby-Joy said:

As someone who has had several pregnancies, even with hormones out of whack to the point of affecting my thyroid levels... that did not cause nightmares.  I did, however have fears and nightmares that I would birth my baby too soon, too small, or my baby would have something terrible wrong with it.  Years later, I would discover those were based in real trauma memories.  Also, a huge reason that lack of sleep could cause an influx of dreams/nightmares is that the mind is less guarded due to exhaustion and things that the mind has worked hard to keep tabs on and keep hidden, are more likely to come out in dreams.    

Really? Pregnancy hormones didnt give you nightmares? Idk maybe every pregnancy is different. I didnt have morning sickness...so maybe the nightmares are making up for me having a smooth pregnancy lol 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

@BeauJangles, do you also have frequent nightmares? 

The present situation of my health condition and living status for the last year and a half has made for a lot of mostly unpleasant dreams. Few of them would be considered good ones. And yes, on occasion I do suffer from nightmares.