More demonic dreams--

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

UHG. it happened again. which means here I am-- idk, getting it all out helps a little. I really don't know why this keeps happening but it does;  

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

5 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

UHG. it happened again. which means here I am-- idk, getting it all out helps a little. I really don't know why this keeps happening but it does;  

Lord Jesus You know all things.  And i do not believe it is  your will that we should be plagued by bad dreams. You proclaimed that the  rest of the  righteous  is sweet, and You have made us to become, accomplished fact, the very righteousness of God in You. 

I know my sister is in  Your  hand and growing, so on her behalf i ask that You  would reveal to her exactly where You are at in this, and exactly how  she should understand it, and what needs to happen to stop it.

I ask You to restore to her experience of Your  promise of sweet rest.  amen

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

9 minutes ago, Jostler said:

Lord Jesus You know all things.  And i do not believe it is  your will that we should be plagued by bad dreams. You proclaimed that the  rest of the  righteous  is sweet, and You have made us to become, accomplished fact, the very righteousness of God in You. 

I know my sister is in  Your  hand and growing, so on her behalf i ask that You  would reveal too her exactly where You are at in this, and exactly how  she should understand it, and what needs to happen to stop it.

I ask You to restore to her experience of Your  promise of sweet rest.  amen

Thanks-- because this is ridiculous. It just happens too frequently imo.  This dream was horribly scary-- In short , just gonna summarize, there was this crazed boy that came into a school where I was at. Odd enough I felt i was warned previously by God Id get away the first time but the 2nd time Id escape it'd be terrible for me. 

So in the bathroom, we all heard the lunatic rant and rave, and there was a window in the bathroom-- I saw a group of kids and they were listening to a girl that told them how to get away. I decided Id flee with them and tried to go through the window.. however the crazy person came to the otherside and I tried to hop back into the bathroom but my shoes fell off so he knew. 

Anywho, as he tried to end me, I could tell he was hurt-I told him we could talk about who hurt him but it made himmore angry and before he ended me I woke up :/ 

yup. very disturbing. Trying my best to forget now.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Praying! 3

11 hours ago, Always a Moon said:

@Figure of eighty

Every pregnancy is certainly different. I have always had nightmares. Like crazy dark disturbing nightmares. When I was pregnant the intensity of them increased exponentially. I would wake up crying and not be easily comforted...that's coming from someone who in all other scenarios was incapable of crying. Pregnancy is a roller coaster, is what I'm saying. 

You said they started around the time you left the church. Was this during your pregnancy? 

I will say some prayers for the Holy Spirit to cover you in peace and for angels to protect you while you sleep. 

May God's peace be with you. 

Thank you. Yeah pregnancy is a roller coaster. Ive had a fairly good pregnancy, no morning sickness ect--so I guess I have to experience something. I do wonder if its most likely the pregnancy horomones. 

This defintely seems feasible but I kinda like you always struggled with nightmares :/ 

very horrible.

Edited by Figure of eighty

11 hours ago, Always a Moon said:

@Figure of eighty

Every pregnancy is certainly different. I have always had nightmares. Like crazy dark disturbing nightmares. When I was pregnant the intensity of them increased exponentially. I would wake up crying and not be easily comforted...that's coming from someone who in all other scenarios was incapable of crying. Pregnancy is a roller coaster, is what I'm saying. 

You said they started around the time you left the church. Was this during your pregnancy? 

I will say some prayers for the Holy Spirit to cover you in peace and for angels to protect you while you sleep. 

May God's peace be with you. 

no i wasnt pregnant when i left.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

Hi There,

I read through every reply to see if anyone would mention what I'm thinking of. In your original post, you said:

"Also the first time I've been back to church in forever. I'm trying to do things right--"

From what I've read, and from my own personal experience, the devil loves to attack people when they are making a true effort to seek God. I've heard of this happening to the newly saved in particular. Also, those who have strayed away from the Lord and then decide to repent and renew their relationship with Him, are sometimes attacked viciously by the enemy. I experienced this myself, on Easter Sunday of last year, and I'm still recovering from it.

It seems as though your nightmares started after you went back to church, for the first time in a long time, right? Well, Satan wants to keep people away from God, and he will do anything he can think of to achieve this. In my case, he used sudden physical pain that disabled me for a week (I even had to go to the ER). I prayed my way through that, but then I was overcome by a dark, overwhelming depression that I tried to fight, but was unable to. That depression (or oppression) is still plaguing me today, which is why I've started visiting Worthy again.

IMHO, your nightmares are actually spiritual attacks from the enemy. He hates it that you went back to church and he wants to stop you. I mean, I guess it could be your pregnancy hormones, but I also think it's likely that you are engaged in spiritual warfare. Your nightmares seem to be ongoing and pretty bad. And your doubt, anxiety, and fear about them is playing right into the devil's hand.

My suggestion is to continue going to church (you didn't mention if you were still going), praying daily for the Lord's protection, and reading your bible a lot. Don't let Satan win. Put on the spiritual armor of God (read Ephesians 6:10-18) and have others pray for you and with you.

AND REMEMBER...

Jesus loves you and your baby so much! More than you can ever comprehend. He sees you, He knows you, and He is with you always!

So when you feel like you've fallen far from God's grace or that you're not good enough, etc., understand where those thoughts are coming from. Or I should say from "whom". Because they are not from God! Stop those negative thoughts as soon as they pop up by redirecting. Listen to gospel music, pray, open your bible and start reading...anything that's positive. Watch the sunset, whatever works for you.

Sorry this is long, but I've dealt with nightmares and worse, and wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I'm with you and so is everyone else here!

James 4:7 "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."  :thumbsup:

May God bless and protect you,

Melissa ♥

Edited by Melissa7
errors
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

If I can recommend free videos on YouTube by Neil T. Anderson.  He explains step by step, about our position in Christ Jesus (this is where we get our authority), about how Satan works, about how each part of the "armor of God" works.  The battle is for the mind.  Demons can put thoughts into our minds.  We are not strong enough to fight them, but God's angels are.  Anderson is a very humble man, who teaches very matter-of-fact-ly about demonic harrassment, demonic attacks, and demon possession.  They're not the same. 

When we command demons to leave - in the name of Jesus, we must do so outloud.  Demons cannot read minds. 

Last few days, I kept thinking "I'm so bored" - over and over.  Now - I've really been studying Scripture (which is not boring).  I finally recognized the attempt to distract me, and told it to "Get lost" "in the name of Jesus whose blood covers me".  Then I had to laugh.  Oh - I said outloud, "you're already lost".  You lost - to Jesus!  Haven't "heard" that thought again.  

Blessings

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Use lavendar oil on your pillow for a super nights sleep.

Peppermint oil is good on your forehead in the morning as it stimulates your frontol lobe and not the animal part of your brain.

Science behind that.

• 6 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 6/24/2019 at 12:19 PM, Figure of eighty said:

Also the first time I've been back to church in forever. I'm trying to do things right-- 

All the best do not give up on church. It has a great support system, without church it would be much harder to spiritually grow.