IGNORED

Does anyone here travel? Is there an existing thread?

PeteBlaxton

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I only travel a few times a year but would like to go more, even almost full time. 

Mine would be mostly campgrounds with the occasional motel stay or one night on a parking lot, etc. 

Traveled with my parents, then my kids. Mostly in Texas gulf coast and the mountains of the west, mostly Colorado. 

Anyone else? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,029
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

we slowed down last year, was only away from home for about 15 weeks....  prior to that since 2009 we have been on the road for an average of 25 weeks a year.   Some in the Winnebago but most of the time staying in Condos for a week at a time.   We like to take the Winnebago to Branson Mo. and stay for a couple of weeks or to Yellowstone for a month or so.   We keep a boat on Lake Tenkiller Oklahoma so we will spend a month or so there every year....    Would have been there in May and early this month, but it is in flood stage and all the camp grounds are flooded out....    and I'd have to swim a good 15 yards to get to the marina where the boat is.

Been to every state but Michigan and for several years after 2009 when we retired we also took three cruises a year.

Prior to 2009 I got seven weeks a year vacation and my wife was a teacher so we traveled extensively in the summer months when school was out.   In the late 80's we spent at least a month in S.E. Oklahoma around Brokenbow Lake and Beavers Bend State Park.

Take lots of pictures.  Last time I paid attention I had about 51,000 photos from all over the USA

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

My wife and I had a bucket list of must places to visit should the Lord tarry after we retired? I recently retired, she retired earlier. 

Places to visit:

1. Israel - to walk where He walked.....nuff said

2. Africa (safari in Tanzania).....we love God’s diversity in creation

3. Italy.....the place of all of my family.....not to mention the place with great vineyards and history

Two down, one to go. 

PS, I’ve never been west of the Mississippi River so next year, we head west....as far as Alaska

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Not traveling lately, care for my elderly mother.   But here's a thread I started before....

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/224430-travel/

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

Hiya,

I used to do a lot of travelling. I've done a fair bit of over seas travel many years ago, but haven't done that for quite a few years now.

I've travelled to many places in my own country, the UK, and have lived in quite a few different areas. Just kept moving north!

• Thumbs Up 3

Lots of traveling! 

I have only been gone about one or two weeks a year last five years. Used to go more often if not longer.

Except growing up I went a lot. My parents thought anything was an RV. We went from southern Missouri to Disneyland in a VW bug. 

My adult son is in an old favorite spot right now with his kids, South Padre island...well one son of two. 

I live alone now but go by myself when the itch needs scratched too bad. Was in Texas goofing around a few months ago. 

Only been outside the country to Mexico and Haiti. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/24/2019 at 5:19 PM, Rebecca Pickles said:

Hiya,

I used to do a lot of travelling. I've done a fair bit of over seas travel many years ago, but haven't done that for quite a few years now.

I've travelled to many places in my own country, the UK, and have lived in quite a few different areas. Just kept moving north!

I sell online to the UK. My ancestors were English, Irish, and from Brittany. 

Where's north at now? 

On 6/24/2019 at 4:39 PM, Debp said:

Not traveling lately, care for my elderly mother.   But here's a thread I started before....

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/224430-travel/

Dad's in nursing care at 82, probably a record for a male Bruton. 

We spent a lot of time together right after my mom passed. 

Glad you take care of Mom. 

• Loved it! 1

On 6/24/2019 at 11:05 PM, PeteBlaxton said:

Lots of traveling! 

I have only been gone about one or two weeks a year last five years. Used to go more often if not longer.

Except growing up I went a lot. My parents thought anything was an RV. We went from southern Missouri to Disneyland in a VW bug. 

My adult son is in an old favorite spot right now with his kids, South Padre island...well one son of two. 

I live alone now but go by myself when the itch needs scratched too bad. Was in Texas goofing around a few months ago. 

Only been outside the country to Mexico and Haiti. 

Pete, what part of Mexico did you visit?   Also, how did you find Haiti to be?   Did you visit before the huge earthquake?

We have alot of Hispanics here so I have gotten used to the culture....crafts, music and the ethnic dancing with colorful dresses and costumes.   Of course, the food.

Where Los Angeles was founded is an interesting place, Olvera Street.   Like an old Mexican marketplace, crafts and little Mexican cafes.   Mostly in the Summers, there are the ethnic dancers on the Plaza.   But Mexican musicians stroll the street singing and playing instruments year round.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

I've been to 46 countries and lived in 7 of them between 2 and 4 years each.

That is fascinating.   May I ask which countries you lived in?    Was the reason you lived abroad connected to your work?   Which of those countries did you like the best?