IGNORED

Does anyone here travel? Is there an existing thread?

PeteBlaxton

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Walked through the crowds on the squares there during Orange Crush too! At night!!!

Was up helping on a college Architecture  project - just cutting bits of cardboard up so they could be used  by my offspring  in his project. Time was short so we were both pulling an all nighter , and dayer and nighter over a weekend. The dog needed exercise, really a wolf but called  by the AKC a Siberian husky, the biggest  longest haired Siberian I have ever seen.

We went out, started walking toward dog cemetery, ran right into crowds, thick crowds, and stacks of empty litter malt liquor bottles piled up at every lamppost. Oh oh, what have we stepped into? but the crowds they looked at us , and just parted, backed away and let us pass, no problem at all.

I said to my offspring maybe it is the Siberian maybe they are parting because of him. It's kind a strange the  way they are parting as we come. And a voice of the biggest bicycle riding  yellow shirted police officer rang out from behind me, OR MAYBE IT IS US! BEING RIGHT BHIND YOU AND ABOUT TO TELL YOU - GET OUT OF HERE NOW WHILE EVERYONE  IS STILL SURPRISED BY YOUR PRESENCE. Okay officer color us gone- and we went ever so quickly back into  the flat in downtown. Savannah was a gas. I did love Vinnie Van Go Go's  Calzones and the art college people all around,  those hungry masses of students, all  jammed into the brick "cave" there.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 hours ago, Kristin said:

I drive a truck. In the United States I recommend Charleston, South Carolina. Florida is great. Boston was surprisingly nice. The Sierra Nevada mountains of California are amazing. Mobile, Alabama is on the coast and very cool. Storm Lake in Iowa has nice camping and fishing. I could go on all day. 

We liked Charleston when we visited there, but also Savannah.   Actually we've been to Savannah several times    Both places we took a carriage ride where I took lots of photos of the old homes....      History of Savannah that is available for consumption is overfilling...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

just a peek at Savannah

http://s30.photobucket.com/user/otherone999/slideshow/Savannah

there are several old restored houses in Savannah that you can go through, but they did not allow pictures to be taken inside....    they want to sell post cards...   I have not transferred any to digital to share....    I don't think they would approve.    There are some gorgeous old homes there that is very interesting to go through and hear the history that happened in it.

If you decide to go there and visit I would recommend this book to read while you are there.

https://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Garden-Good-Evil-Savannah/dp/0679751521/ref=sr_1_1?crid=6UFARMV51CMX&keywords=midnight+in+the+garden+of+good+and+evil+book&qid=1561905421&s=gateway&sprefix=midnight%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-1