Ongoing Dejavu

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

now this is weird and its been going on for some while now. i believe that i am experiencing dejavu almost like the tape has been left rolling now over the years i have had maybe the very occaisional one.

i have no idea why this is happening. this weekend is the latest one even down to what i was thinking and how i shouldnt be feeling like that. now that is weird.

if anyone has something helpful and postive  to say then i would find that helpful. not interested in whacky stuff thanks in advance

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

now this is weird and its been going on for some while now. i believe that i am experiencing dejavu almost like the tape has been left rolling now over the years i have had maybe the very occaisional one.

i have no idea why this is happening. this weekend is the latest one even down to what i was thinking and how i shouldnt be feeling like that. now that is weird.

if anyone has something helpful and postive  to say then i would find that helpful. not interested in whacky stuff thanks in advance

I can't help you but I can say I experience a similar phenomenon. In a very real way I feel like the Bruce Willis Character in "12 Monkeys", experiencing the present as though it is the past from the mindset of a man from a post apocalyptic future. I enjoy every day almost in the vein of "enjoy it while you can before it ends", but from a "this life is a mist" perspective. It's almost like it is not real, but is just a projection in my mind. And, truth be told, I think that really is closer to the truth than seeing it as "the real world". After all, technically it is, for all practical purposes "coagulated energy" in empty space. It only seems real because it is all we have known and it is what our consciousnesses are designed to perceive. 

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the last thing you would want, when you clap your hands, is for your hands to ACTUALLY touch each other. It would be a rather violent atomic reaction. It only "feels" like they touch.

And another fun one: If you could travel at the speed of light and steer, from your perspective you would be everywhere in the universe at once.

Edited by Still Alive

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 hours ago, existential mabel said:

Hi, when on the road take an occasional left turn. Making all rights will set you back where you started all over again. You just go around the block over and over. Do that enough times and you begin to think, hey I have been here before!

Why not go bungee jumping? Bet you haven't, been there done that, before!

My mind visits old stuff old places when I do not give it any new stimulation, perhaps so does yours. If all there is stored in the brain's memory bank is I Love Lucy episodes one is eventually going to revisit a lot of old Lucy reruns. A hell of it's own kind, eh? 

• Brilliant! 1

well that is just it i was in a totally new enviroment and it was last minute and out of my comfort zone. but yeah i could see why otherwise...ground hog day have you ever watched that film i wonder?

17 hours ago, Still Alive said:

I can't help you but I can say I experience a similar phenomenon. In a very real way I feel like the Bruce Willis Character in "12 Monkeys", experiencing the present as though it is the past from the mindset of a man from a post apocalyptic future. I enjoy every day almost in the vein of "enjoy it while you can before it ends", but from a "this life is a mist" perspective. It's almost like it is not real, but is just a projection in my mind. And, truth be told, I think that really is closer to the truth than seeing it as "the real world". After all, technically it is, for all practical purposes "coagulated energy" in empty space. It only seems real because it is all we have known and it is what our consciousnesses are designed to perceive. 

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the last thing you would want, when you clap your hands, is for your hands to ACTUALLY touch each other. It would be a rather violent atomic reaction. It only "feels" like they touch.

And another fun one: If you could travel at the speed of light and steer, from your perspective you would be everywhere in the universe at once.

yeah that is interesting i have seen solid walls shimmering in the past and not quite solid. i do feel literally that stuff is changing it almost feels tangible. i feel slightly off key is the best way to describe it not quite here. maybe a nice big cake will sort that out! there is more to life than bricks and mortar i believe. but Jesus is the centre

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, when on the road take an occasional left turn. Making all rights will set you back where you started all over again. You just go around the block over and over. Do that enough times and you begin to think, hey I have been here before!

Why not go bungee jumping? Bet you haven't, been there done that, before!

My mind visits old stuff old places when I do not give it any new stimulation, perhaps so does yours. If all there is stored in the brain's memory bank is I Love Lucy episodes one is eventually going to revisit a lot of old Lucy reruns. A hell of it's own kind, eh? 

well that is just it i was in a totally new enviroment and it was last minute and out of my comfort zone. but yeah i could see why otherwise...ground hog day have you ever watched that film i wonder?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

...ground hog day have you ever watched that film i wonder?

Speaking of groundhog day, the movie...

I read an article about the movie's roots and it had some interesting points. In the original story the main character lived that same day for (IIRC) tens of thousands of years and basically reached "nirvana". It was loosely (or maybe not so loosely) Buddhist. The idea in the article being that one of the plot holes was that after all that gathering of wisdom he would no longer be remotely interested in a romantic relationship with any woman.  

Google gets a lot of hits explaining this sort of thing with the movie. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

17 hours ago, existential mabel said:

I'm not sure if this is relative or not to what you're experiencing Mabel, but for years from time to time, I had this disturbing dream that would recycle/repeat over and over again. Here it is, just to put it out there. 

In this dream, I'm approaching a four-way traffic signal intersection in my car. It seems like always the same side of the road, but sometimes weather conditions are different. For some reason, it seems like my breaks are failing and an impact with vehicles ahead of me are immanent. Pumping the breaks are futile, and growing anxiety increases as the anticipation of hitting the back of  some one else's car is unavoidable. One time I dreamed it was raining, and wet breaks were thought as the cause they failed to engage a full stop. Odd thing was, awakening always occurred just before an accident in the dream actually happened. It was really scary to me for some reason. Not like what would be a major pile up or something, but still very alarming none the less.  

Well, one day I was actually coming to this same intersection, and attempting to proceed through straight on a green light. Just before going through, a large pickup truck began to turn in front of me, not giving me the right of way, or using a turn indicator. ( a maddening pet peeve of mine ) This pickup was not going to yield. No-how-no-way. In order to avoid a collision, I veered with the turn steering in the same direction the truck was going. It worked, I managed to make it without hitting the other guy, but in a freak thing my car ended up on the other side of the street, and on a three or four foot high wall with assorted shrubbery. Weird. The pickup stopped long enough to see that I wasn't hurt in this, and then took off. ( typical ) I called both police and towing to report the incident, and to get me the heck off from that wall and decorative growth of bushes. Explaining the situation to the reporting officer, he had this to comment, "Sounds like you had angels helping you or something." To which I had to agree. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Oh, just a notable P.S. After actually having this incident happen, I never did dream anything repetitive ever again. I suppose this thing is relative to me, is because there was no way possible for me to make a stop and avoid any kind of unpleasant situation. Thank God, nothing serious happened. 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, existential mabel said:

ground hog day have you ever watched that film i wonder?

Complete with Sonny Bono singing- "Put your little hand in mine"... every morning? No never saw it. But, I am looking forward to hearing  the alarm clock tomorrow it being groundhog day and all.

PS on the bright side of Deja vu, it is not like Alzheimer's  where everything is completely new every day. It is however possibly a form of epilepsy, and perhaps medically treatable.

I have had flashes of an intersection in a nondescript town enter into my mind for over 30 years. Nothing  ever happened there in my past. I know the town, I know the intersection it isn't even fun, it just happens.

As for me I don't really think I am in that intersection. I don't suddenly turn right I just see it in my mind almost as though I am there or thinking of it.

Hey BeauJangles I had the very same thing regarding a re-occuring dream about the brakes failing on the car and it was always at this particular junction and many years later my brakes did fail not once but 3 times.

Only this was a very busy bypass. The second time i really thought I was toast but somehow and I guess it was the Lord ( way before I was a Christian) I had the presence of mind to use the round about as a way to loose speed I came back round and back up the road I had just been hurtling down. And I changed down to loose speed as I could hardly use the handbrake lol as other folk said to me later gee and cause a calamity really the daft things folk can say.

And then when the road rescue man arrived after looking under the bonnet he walked towards me and I said,’ I know what you are going to say, that there is nothing wrong with those brakes as they had gone once before’ and yes that was it exactly. Anyway he agreed to tow me back home.

Wow as I continue to read your post what an amazing experience and did you even feel fear I know I didn’t. I was a calm as a cucumber thinking I might end up under this lorry at high impact. It was very surreal and after the phone call at a garage (before mobile phones were around!) my legs were like jelly though I have to say, when I walked back to the car.

That is exactly the same with me I haven’t had any other dreams like that since. PTL