• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

Is it just me or does it seem like more and more each day that in some form or fashion there are people you see taking life for granted?

What I mean by that is when something bad happens is when people mostly take notice that God is trying to send a message and gather people together.

Instances I see this happening is in disasters, wealth and people squandering money instead of helping others less fortunate, physical abilities such as handicap parking and not being able to use the spot etc etc... 

What literally has to happen before people will take notice that God is talking and no one is listening as of yet?

I see a lot of this happening in my own home and this is what is prompting me to post this. Do you see this also? Is anything in your own lives happening to make you see this happing? Is it just me or am I the only one going crazy?:39:

One last thing do you think this could literally make someone sad enough to cry? I pray for those right now in this thought that is not taking notice of the grace that God is trying to bestow on for a chance we should not take advantage of. :th_praying:

• Loved it! 2

2 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

@Waiting2BwithHimThanks for the thoughtful and very timely post.  It is sad.  I know our Father in heaven must feel sad, too, when we take Him for granted and go around doing our thing and making our own life plans, not bothering to even ask Him what He thinks about them.  God wants to be involved in our lives; most of all, He wants our love.

:emot-heartbeat:

I need to read a post like this right about now. Isn't it amazing that this second God knew I needed this and sent this post for me. This shows me that if you don't think God is real  you better think again. If you believe in him and ask then you just may receive if he thinks that it is right to be given. Matthew 7:7 

[ Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking ] “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. Praising God at this moment. :amen: 
  • Thumbs Up 1

Before I am able to type another part of this original thought I need to ask am I allowed to be able to mention 

specifics on this subject or does it need to go somewhere else if anyone else knows?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

I did not read all of the posts but the topic starter and a few people that followed are completely right.

They are poor lost souls without a shephard. If you are ever hurt by a none Christian then when you find it hard to forgive do this. See them in their lost ways, even imagine and picture how sad they are. Jesus showed me this and it really helps to forgive them easier.

We have to forgive so that we can be forgiven. That is biblical.

A bit of a tangent so I will say about bitterness which is the opposite of thankfullness. Instead if we are thankful, it drives away the bitterness as they are opposites.

Are you bitter? Have a cup of tea and say thankyou for things e.g. "thankyou Jesus for my Message version bible which is fun to read".

P.S. ESV is the best ?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Waiting2BwithHim said:

Is it just me or does it seem like more and more each day that in some form or fashion there are people you see taking life for granted?

What I mean by that is when something bad happens is when people mostly take notice that God is trying to send a message and gather people together.

Instances I see this happening is in disasters, wealth and people squandering money instead of helping others less fortunate, physical abilities such as handicap parking and not being able to use the spot etc etc... 

What literally has to happen before people will take notice that God is talking and no one is listening as of yet?

I see a lot of this happening in my own home and this is what is prompting me to post this. Do you see this also? Is anything in your own lives happening to make you see this happing? Is it just me or am I the only one going crazy?:39:

One last thing do you think this could literally make someone sad enough to cry? I pray for those right now in this thought that is not taking notice of the grace that God is trying to bestow on for a chance we should not take advantage of. :th_praying:

I see it all the time. I work with at risk youth.

It does make you cry exspecially if your intercceeding or you go to a funeral of a young person that screwed up so bad they couldn't believe that God could or would turn it all around for good. or see the parents at the funeral being devastated by their should of, would of and I could of's.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

That is right and what scares me is how strong and influence the secular world is e.g. CGI in films is mindblowing.

How do we win them over. Love is the answer as this is the greatest thing and far greater than CGI.

You probably know that risky youth is risky, so how do we love them?

We love with wisdom e.g. give a hot chocolate to a homeless person so they can sleep when they need to.

1 hour ago, Waiting2BwithHim said:

Before I am able to type another part of this original thought I need to ask am I allowed to be able to mention 

specifics on this subject or does it need to go somewhere else if anyone else knows?

I am going to put the post here. If it doesn't belong go ahead and put it where it properly belongs.

I am trying to deal with some issues of people in my life that I'm not quite sure how I wanted to go about it.

For starters the people I mention I see as taking both life and God for granted. The first person is my ex-husband.

Back in 1987 he had won a pretty good amount from the lottery.. Ever since that moment he thinks he will hit again hitting more money.

While he is still waiting for this moment and squandering the money for it to happen.. he had the nerve to keep asking me to lend him money paying back when he was ready. Also not worrying about if at some point I really might need this myself. Before someone could respond to this I don't lend him money anymore. In fact I think now he is refusing even to be a friend.

Next on my list is my brother who I was hopefully getting him to turn to God.. Now it turns out that my niece moved out to the state he lives and is supposedly teaching him the bible too. Now everything is her and I don't know if what she is telling him is bible taught. Now he won't even pick up the phone to call me anymore. 

These are the main reasons for this topic. Does anyone else have anything either similar or different happening to them?

Genesis 9:13

13 I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.  

Edited by Waiting2BwithHim
the image was too big

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Waiting2BwithHim said:

Is it just me or does it seem like more and more each day that in some form or fashion there are people you see taking life for granted

Well, as for the grey hair brigade here, the older we get, the more we really appreciate whats still working.
No mater how slow, or how feeble or difficult, just so's it completes the task.
(The benefit is a neat 'God awareness" and a constant 
"Thanks God" ............I made it!) one more time...........

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

If you have a roof over your head tonight and if you are not starving you should thank God. Think of others in our world who are just getting by to stay alive. We should pray for what we need not what we want. 

• Praise God! 4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

I agree with everything said here sometimes we do take life for granted,  even in America we all these freedoms includeing religious freedom but we have taken that for granted :(  it's really sad,  & yes we do take other things for granted too

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1