Being A Glutton?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Be not glutted (over filled) with food, where in is EXCESS, but be ye filled with the spirit...............

Thou jest. Everybody/anybody  knows when they are over eating, as a glutton.
Same with drinking, or ANYTHING.
It's letting the flesh control your(self).  
Walking in the flesh vs spirit.
Self control, 101.

"But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin"        Romans, 14; 23

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

So now I ask this.. is eating certain things such as snacks being considered a glutton?

Should we be eating those foods mainly from the Bible? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

It aint “ What” you eat.It ain’t “ how much” you eat. It only becomes a problem if you put it first in your life— ahead of God.Does your life revolve around your God, or does it revolve around food and eating all the time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

44 minutes ago, Sower said:

Be not glutted (over filled) with food, where in is EXCESS, but be ye filled with the spirit...............

Thou jest. Everybody/anybody  knows when they are over eating, as a glutton.
Same with drinking, or ANYTHING.
It's letting the flesh control your(self).  
Walking in the flesh vs spirit.
Self control, 101.

"But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin"        Romans, 14; 23

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God (1 Corinthians 10:31)

I don't think everyone knows.

Their are medical issues that cause people to over eat. Their are emotional wounds of rejection in childhood that cause people to have an emptiness in tbeir gut that can never be filled that creates an emotional eating disorder.

Their are things put in our food that make it more addictive then heroine to some people.

And their are over weight people that do not over eat.

So trying to say how much food a person eats is how to judge if they are serving the gluttony in their flesh rather then walking in Christ and the fruit of the Holy Spirit with some things in their life and body that still need some healing is a bad litmus test. In my opinion.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Brilliant! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

48 minutes ago, Sower said:

That is not what the verse says.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

2 hours ago, Waiting2BwithHim said:

If this then has to do with making it about over eating how does one know if they should be considered a glutton and not just one that is hungry from being malnourished? Example how much is too much? We all need to eat to be alive? How much food does it take then before it becomes glutton?

ONE of the wieghtwatchers programs call fat and fiber taught us to be aware of our bodies and stop eating when we felt full.  Some people eat till they are stuffed like at Thanksgiving.  We need to stop before that when we feel full.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

That is not what the verse says.

Oh Oh
My mistake. That I assumed ( :( ) anyone/everyone would know/understand that,  and still get the gist of the point.
My personal quote, no quote marks, no chapter and verse...........
Point! Nobody force feeds themselves. I do understand dysfunction, yet hitting/not hitting the mark is the point.
Whatever we do, including dysfunctional habits, that is not in faith, is sin.
I'm talking not about medical problems or a dysfunctional metabolism etc. Again, would think everybody (here) would understand this.
I'm talking about the other 99%, with normal metabolism, reasonably healthy people.
Some over eat, gluttons. As I do upon occasions. I do not make excuses. I confess it.
It is easy to gorge myself, if I submit to the flesh. (my wife's home made strawberry ice cream)
I really have to purpose not to over eat, as I enjoy it, (it's my wife's cooking, her fault! : )
My metabolism changed the older I got, and, not working as long,
and as hard, that fat doesn't burn off as fast anymore.
Just can't  shake off that last ten pounds.
I still believe, you/me know when you over eat. Duh...
Unless you simply do not care anymore, and put it out of your mind..

48 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Their are things put in our food that make it more addictive then heroine to some people.

It's called sugar.

How to Beat Sugar Detox Symptoms and Feel Better Than Ever

The first step

Congratulations for making the decision to better your health by cutting your sugar intake! Sugar detox isn’t easy, and the symptoms of sugar withdrawal aren’t either. But the benefits are worth it given the proven negative effects of sugar on your body.

Sugar has been linked to an increased risk of a number of medical conditions, including obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. Sugar also zaps your energy, increases your risk of depression, and contributes to poor dental health — just to name a few.

By cutting sugar, you can reduce your health risks and may feel better than you knew was possible. But first, you may experience some bumps in the road.

A number of studies have found that sugar affects the brain the same way that addictive substances such as nicotine, cocaine, and morphine do. With the average American consuming 22 to 30 teaspoons a day — considerably more than the recommended maximum of 6 teaspoons — some withdrawal symptoms are to be expected.

Our brains have a reward system that helps us survive as a species. Food is a natural reward, and consuming something sweet stimulates our brain’s reward system.

Though experts are still divided on whether sugar addiction is a real thing, animal and human studies have found that sugar triggers the release of dopamine in the nucleus accumbens — the same area of the brain implicated in response to heroin and cocaine.

Eating sugar regularly changes your brain so that it becomes tolerant to the sugar, causing you to require more to get the same effect.

Sugar has also been shown to cause the release of endogenous opioids in the brain, which leads to a rush similar to that experienced when a person injects heroin. All of this leads to a vicious cycle of cravings and needing more sugar to feel good.

When you cut out sugar, your cravings get more intense and you experience withdrawal symptoms.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Some people tend to overeat if they have been on a starvation diet, or were starving do to poverty.   They also gain weight quickly.  This is part of the reason for "yo yo dieting" that is harmful to our health.   A lot of diets in the past would only allow 800 or 1000 calories which is much too low for most women.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

6 hours ago, Sower said:

It's called sugar.

How to Beat Sugar Detox Symptoms and Feel Better Than Ever

The first step

Congratulations for making the decision to better your health by cutting your sugar intake! Sugar detox isn’t easy, and the symptoms of sugar withdrawal aren’t either. But the benefits are worth it given the proven negative effects of sugar on your body.

Sugar has been linked to an increased risk of a number of medical conditions, including obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. Sugar also zaps your energy, increases your risk of depression, and contributes to poor dental health — just to name a few.

By cutting sugar, you can reduce your health risks and may feel better than you knew was possible. But first, you may experience some bumps in the road.

A number of studies have found that sugar affects the brain the same way that addictive substances such as nicotine, cocaine, and morphine do. With the average American consuming 22 to 30 teaspoons a day — considerably more than the recommended maximum of 6 teaspoons — some withdrawal symptoms are to be expected.

Our brains have a reward system that helps us survive as a species. Food is a natural reward, and consuming something sweet stimulates our brain’s reward system.

Though experts are still divided on whether sugar addiction is a real thing, animal and human studies have found that sugar triggers the release of dopamine in the nucleus accumbens — the same area of the brain implicated in response to heroin and cocaine.

Eating sugar regularly changes your brain so that it becomes tolerant to the sugar, causing you to require more to get the same effect.

Sugar has also been shown to cause the release of endogenous opioids in the brain, which leads to a rush similar to that experienced when a person injects heroin. All of this leads to a vicious cycle of cravings and needing more sugar to feel good.

When you cut out sugar, your cravings get more intense and you experience withdrawal symptoms.

First thank you for posting this. But is there anymore to this? Does it tell you how to gradually reduce sugar intake or how to handle the withdrawal?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

10 hours ago, Waiting2BwithHim said:

If this then has to do with making it about over eating how does one know if they should be considered a glutton and not just one that is hungry from being malnourished? Example how much is too much? We all need to eat to be alive? How much food does it take then before it becomes glutton?

Doesn't take food at all. It takes ravenous desire, if one is to look at the beatitudes where our Lord Jesus ups the ante on what is sin. For the thought is the same as the act. "I could eat a whole cow" is gluttony. "I could take the whole plate leaving nothing for the others", is gluttony. Why I suppose "I could eat all the honey and locusts in the land today" would be gluttony.

While in an act of doing, one is to not be so gluttonous as the Corinthians were who ate  of the Lord's Supper memorial not caring for one another, with the richer bringing excess for themselves and not sharing nor even waiting for the poorer to also partake, it is also sinful to not be considerate and mannerly, even to the point one's own sacrificial suffering.

BUT the greater point being made by God to all, is that all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God! None are worthy, for none are perfect which is God's standard. All need the sacrifce of the Lamb of God to be seen as perfect and acceptible in the sight of God. And it is by God alone through Christ's blood alone, that any are saved from the death which is the price one must pay for all sin, and any sin. For any sin at all has made one less than perfect. All are born in sin with a sin nature, gluttonous  ever since the fall  from grace of the first man the first Adam.

All have need of the second Adam and His redemption paid in His blood shed that many may be saved from the plight of all of mankind that they are sinners less then perfect less than the standard which God can abide.Only absolute perfection can cover that which is not perfect, nothing less will cover sin, nor pay it's price which is rejection by God and death.

Praise God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit,  that redemption is here.  It is free, it is of God alone, for all that will turn about from the works of one's self to the saving work of Jesus, by His faith are any saved. It is not a matter of; am I a glutton or not, did I commit a deadly sin or not. All have sinned! All sin is deadly! For God cannot abide any sin. And yet, God alone has reconciled  many to Him through Jesus the reconciler of sins.

Accept Jesus as Lord, God, and personal savior, and be at peace with God under God's care and shepherding for Jesus is God.

Hear the Holy Spirit  who is also God, and turn about from rebellion against God to service in glorifying God alone, in all that is done. That is the goal to be  even gluttonous about or toward. Seek God in unlimited desire to please in praising  Him by all that one does. Giving thanks in all things.