• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 6/25/2019 at 9:18 PM, Waiting2BwithHim said:

In Matthew 24 Jesus warns us about signs..

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for [a]all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

What do you see in news today or something you read that shows you that these signs are happening? If you want to use any other prophecy about the end times which one and where in the bible does it come from? I mean maybe within the past 2-3 years. Share with all so that someone that may not know about this subject gets the idea of what the prophecy is all about. 

I don't see anything in the news that has yet fulfilled these verses, because these events take place during the great tribulation, which has not yet come.

There are plenty of things in the news that are precursors to these things, sure. But merely precursors.

Matt. 24:8 NASB ... all these things are the beginning of birth pangs.

Jer. 30:6 ‘Ask now, and see
If a male can give birth.
Why do I see every man
With his hands on his loins, as a woman in childbirth?

And why have all faces turned pale?

7 ‘Alas! for that day is great,
There is none like it;
And it is the time of Jacob’s distress,
But he will be saved from it.

-- Hasn't happened yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/25/2019 at 11:00 PM, missmuffet said:

This is what I see today.

2 Timothy 3:1-9

But know this, that in the last days [a]perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving,unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

I see this everywhere. Even in myself when I neglect my good faith. This scares me. 

On 7/3/2019 at 12:58 PM, OldCoot said:

I can understand the warning and it is proper to give folks a heads up about what is on the horizon, but I am not convinced that there is any way to truly prepare.  Yeshua said it would be a time worse than anything that has happened before or ever will again.  Imagine history.... the flood of Noahs's day where things were so bad that Yahweh felt the need to start over.   The wars of history.  The great sieges of Jerusalem, Leningrad, etc where hundreds of thousands died of starvation, even resorting to eating their own children. The gulags, concentration camps, etc.  Nothing the has happened will compare to what is coming.  I am not sure anyone can really be prepared.  Yeshua said that men's hearts would fail them (cardiac arrest) for what they see coming upon the earth.   That is why it is critical now to make people aware of the reconciliation and redemption thru Yeshua. 

I don’t think we can prepare except to be saved. I’m hoping I will be raptured, but if some are correct and I’m not, I cannot imagine how to prepare. Like get some water and a sleeping bag?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

10 hours ago, Kristin said:

I don’t think we can prepare except to be saved. I’m hoping I will be raptured, but if some are correct and I’m not, I cannot imagine how to prepare. Like get some water and a sleeping bag?

Jesus exhorts us to stay awake and be on the alert.  It has more to do with spiritual preparation than physical.  Here's a link to a pdf that explains how I see it, if you're interested

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/9/2019 at 2:44 PM, WilliamL said:

I don't see anything in the news that has yet fulfilled these verses, because these events take place during the great tribulation, which has not yet come.

There are plenty of things in the news that are precursors to these things, sure. But merely precursors.

Matt. 24:8 NASB ... all these things are the beginning of birth pangs.

Jer. 30:6 ‘Ask now, and see
If a male can give birth.
Why do I see every man
With his hands on his loins, as a woman in childbirth?

And why have all faces turned pale?

7 ‘Alas! for that day is great,
There is none like it;
And it is the time of Jacob’s distress,
But he will be saved from it.

-- Hasn't happened yet.

Matt.24:1-14 has nothing to do with the 70th week. Verses 1-14 are about the Church Age. In verse 9 Jesus specifically tells his Disciples their fate, they all die a Martyr, save John. The BIRTH PANGS Birth the 70th Week of course. Verses 4-6 is about the 70 AD Event, verses 7-14 is about the Church Age, verses 15-31 is about the Tribulation Period. Verses 32-35 is a Parable, verses 36-51 is about the Rapture. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

On 6/25/2019 at 10:18 PM, Waiting2BwithHim said:

In Matthew 24 Jesus warns us about signs..

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for [a]all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

What do you see in news today or something you read that shows you that these signs are happening? If you want to use any other prophecy about the end times which one and where in the bible does it come from? I mean maybe within the past 2-3 years. Share with all so that someone that may not know about this subject gets the idea of what the prophecy is all about. 

Greetings, Waiting. 

I was recently putting notes together for a video on this passage, and actually citing it as a reason to believe we still have a ways to go yet. I believe v.9-10 refer to what the apostle Paul warned the Thessalonians about in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4. And if anything, I think we see the opposite just yet: Most believers suffering persecution in other countries and dying for their faith (such as those being beheaded by Muslims), appear to be showing great resilience in the face of martyrdom, and refusing to deny Christ or deliver their fellow Christians up to the authorities. But I'm not up on everything going on with the persecuted church these days, so maybe looks can be deceiving.

Do you keep up with the persecuted church? It seems like something worth looking into.

Blessings in Christ, and good thread.

Hidden In Him  

Edited by Hidden In Him

Not to his beloved Body tho. Maybe we are also Bride. But not to his own Body because He paid the price in full. No condemnation. 

On 7/19/2019 at 8:09 PM, Kristin said:

If you are walking in the Spirit on a daily basis, it will be revealed to you what to do and where to go when it comes time to do and to go.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

The question should be "what don't ya see that says the end is near?"

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BorderCowboy said:

The question should be "what don't ya see that says the end is near?"

Just my two bits,  JJ

For one, I don't presently see any cause yet for the King of the North to invade Egypt. In my understanding, that country needs to become destabilized first.