• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

20 hours ago, firestormx said:

If the old testament law and it's punishment have been done away with in Jesus Christ, then What would Israel live under? 

What makes any one think the laws punishments are done away with?

With out the law we wouldn't know what sin is. Only reason Israels priesthood are not following the law of God is becuase 1. They have no temple to sacrafice in. 2 They are subjected to the authority of the civil governmental authority of the State of Israel.

The lawless ones are Satan's not Jesus's and are heading to judgment under the Law if they don't repent and call on Christ. ( There are promises to the blinded physical seed of Abraham, But I am not going there, here)

In Christ we serve a higher law. If we are following and obey the law of the Spirit made available and a power unto to us in Christ to grow and walk in the fruit of his Spirit, we don't trespass against Gods laws, becuase we are serving a higher law. We are under the promise of the abrahamic covert in stead of the curse of the mosaic covert because Christ became cursed for us.

If we do trespass against the Law, we have an advocate in Christ. The Laws judgment of destruction of the life  (adultery example) was made powerless against those who are in Christ, who walk after the Spirit and not after the desires of their flesh. It is not done away with. If it was done away with We wouldn't need an advocate and the Blood of Christ to cover our trespasses against the Law.

What was done away with was the temple sacrafices because Christ fufilled the sacrafical offering For sin, guilt, shame once and for all. His Blood accepted at the mercy seat for our (those who follow Him's) sins (tresspasses against the Laws of God).

Plus, the temple where the sacrafices must be offered by the priesthood has been destroyed. So they are made powerless to pursue the law. But the priesthood hasn't been done away with either.

If we are given an advocate to sit on the throne in the heaven, obviously the law of God still has authority in heaven and there are eternal judgments on men in heaven.

If there is no Law of God to break because the law has been done away with, then man would not need to be protected from God's Judgments by the Lord. And there would be no second coming and destruction of the wicked. We know what is wickedness in the eyes of God because the Law exposes to us what is wicked and wickedness so we can repent and turn to Christ for Salvation.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, firestormx said:

By here and now I just meant that the OT punishments were to be carried out here and now on earth and not judgement day.

and I am saying that capitol punishment should only be carried out on Judgement day....   something less severe in this life...   I have met too many people that have been falsely convicted for things they did not do...

2 hours ago, Spock said:

Jesus knew the woman brought to him was a set up because weren’t they supposed to have brung  the guilty man too? 

but she was guilty and Jesus knew she was guilty and did not accuse her when he could have.  He could have demanded the man be brought also but didn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, other one said:

but she was guilty and Jesus knew she was guilty and did not accuse her when he could have.  He could have demanded the man be brought also but didn't.

True, he could have, but I suppose the Lord knew the hearts of these evil schemers and decided to just end this abruptly and teach them a greater lesson.....”Oh fellows, by the way, you all are sinners too who also need to confess and repent of your many sins too.....

2 hours ago, Spock said:

The brother brought up a good point OO. God did require death on many actions like murder and adultery, so it obviously is important to God we don’t go there. 

It sounds like you believe murderers will go to prison....maybe so....I’m not sure. 

And while I agree with you that killing someone over adultery sounds a bit harsh, it was the law. 

Im not convinced “the law” will not be enforced after Jesus returns. It doesn’t make sense to me think rapists and murderers have no consequences, so prison, death, or ? Some other consequence awaits this violater.

I didn't say that they would not receive consequences, just not death.       no justice system in the world today is free of corruption that I am aware of...   and capitol punishment is pretty final.       I have family that was falsely convicted of Rape and got 17 years for it....   could not get a parole unless he admitted he was guilty so he spent the entire 17 years in prison....   We had tried for ten of those years to get the clothes the lady was wearing to do DNA testing on it and it was misplaced until three weeks after his time was over.   Sure enough the DNA test showed he was not guilty but the system here would still not take him off the sexual predator list and felon which hounded him till his death.  Turns out that the DA's office had put a large number of people in jail from corrupt forensic findings.

So from my point of view that punishment is not safe to use till Jesus comes back and knows what really happened...

35 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

What makes any one think the laws punishments are done away with?

With out the law we wouldn't know what sin is. Only reason Israels priesthood are not following the law of God is becuase 1. They have no temple to sacrafice in. 2 They are subjected to the authority of the civil governmental authority of the State of Israel.

The lawless ones are Satan's not Jesus's and are heading to judgment under the Law if they don't repent and call on Christ. ( There are promises to the blinded physical seed of Abraham, But I am not going there, here)

In Christ we serve a higher law. If we are following and obey the law of the Spirit made available and a power unto to us in Christ to grow and walk in the fruit of his Spirit, we don't trespass against Gods laws, becuase we are serving a higher law. We are under the promise of the abrahamic covert in stead of the curse of the mosaic covert because Christ became cursed for us.

If we do trespass against the Law, we have an advocate in Christ. The Laws judgment of destruction of the life  (adultery example) was made powerless against those who are in Christ, who walk after the Spirit and not after the desires of their flesh. It is not done away with. If it was done away with We wouldn't need an advocate and the Blood of Christ to cover our trespasses against the Law.

What was done away with was the temple sacrafices because Christ fufilled the sacrafical offering For sin, guilt, shame once and for all. His Blood accepted at the mercy seat for our (those who follow Him's) sins (tresspasses against the Laws of God).

Plus, the temple where the sacrafices must be offered by the priesthood has been destroyed. So they are made powerless to pursue the law. But the priesthood hasn't been done away with either.

If we are given an advocate to sit on the throne in the heaven, obviously the law of God still has authority in heaven and there are eternal judgments on men in heaven.

If there is no Law of God to break because the law has been done away with, then man would not need to be protected from God's Judgments by the Lord. And there would be no second coming and destruction of the wicked. We know what is wickedness in the eyes of God because the Law exposes to us what is wicked and wickedness so we can repent and turn to Christ for Salvation.

I’m beginning to see the logic in this thinking too, sister.  Wilma and you make a lot of sense. Up until now I hadn’t thought about what punishment would be administered in the MK.  

I guess I just didn’t want to think an eye for an eye (you kill, you be killed) would still reign. Even typing this makes me cringe a bit. 

Just to be clear here. Are you saying you believe adultery also will be dealt with my killing the guilty party? 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Spock said:

You can confess and repent while awaiting punishment, can’t you? 

not likely if the time is short.

6 minutes ago, Spock said:

True, he could have, but I suppose the Lord knew the hearts of these evil schemers and decided to just end this abruptly and teach them a greater lesson.....”Oh fellows, by the way, you all are sinners too who also need to confess and repent of your many sins too.....

aren't we all at times..

18 minutes ago, other one said:

I didn't say that they would not receive consequences, just not death.       no justice system in the world today is free of corruption that I am aware of...   and capitol punishment is pretty final.       I have family that was falsely convicted of Rape and got 17 years for it....   could not get a parole unless he admitted he was guilty so he spent the entire 17 years in prison....   We had tried for ten of those years to get the clothes the lady was wearing to do DNA testing on it and it was misplaced until three weeks after his time was over.   Sure enough the DNA test showed he was not guilty but the system here would still not take him off the sexual predator list and felon which hounded him till his death.  Turns out that the DA's office had put a large number of people in jail from corrupt forensic findings.

So from my point of view that punishment is not safe to use till Jesus comes back and knows what really happened...

Isn’t that what we are talking about?  

Justice in the Millennial Kingdom in Israel after our Lords second coming! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

29 minutes ago, Spock said:

I’m beginning to see the logic in this thinking too, sister.  Wilma and you make a lot of sense. Up until now I hadn’t thought about what punishment would be administered in the MK.  

I guess I just didn’t want to think an eye for an eye (you kill, you be killed) would still reign. Even typing this makes me cringe a bit. 

Just to be clear here. Are you saying you believe adultery also will be dealt with my killing the guilty party? 

Thanks

That is why we have to trust in the Lord for our salvation. He saved us, we are being saved and He will save us. It is kind of hard to see because the appearance of injustice, the expansion of apostasy and the looming threats to us in this world. 

Probably why we are told to save that blanket judgment of man till Christ returns. He will show us all we can not see from our perspective but when we see the big picture then our judgment will be rightouess. 

How could we judge rightouessly at the return of Christ with out full understanding of the Law of God and The Law of the Spirit?

Edited by Reinitin