• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

If the old testament law and it's punishment have been done away with in Jesus Christ, then What would Israel live under? They lived under the OT law, so if it's been done away with, then for example there is no longer a death penalty for adultery. So you could in the land of Israel commit adultery without any punishment until the day you stand before God. In fact, you can do anything because there is no punishment for anything. Murder or rape it just doesn't matter because there is no punishment.

How does the grace and Love of the new punishment mix with the punishment and the death penalty for breaking the law? If the Nation of Israel believed Jesus does this mean no punishment for any broken commandments of God until you stand before him on Judgement day?

• Thanks 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Yahushua is King of the Jews.  When they all cry out "BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME ADONAI" 

Yahushua Adonai Messiah Savior King Redeemer returns to rule.

Since TORAH is the Father's Law,  Instructions,  as written,  not just thousands of years ago, 

also on EVERYONE'S HEART who is His child,  as written,

everyone granted eternal life JOYOUSLY and EAGERLY and FREELY WILLINGLY

obeys the Father,

follows Yahushua,

honoring Him with every word, every thought, and every deed and action,  as written ,

willingly and joyously FOREVER ETERNALLY !

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

51 minutes ago, firestormx said:

If the Nation of Israel believed Jesus does this mean no punishment for any broken commandments of God until you stand before him on Judgement day?

Jews and gentiles today who willfully disobey, who break Yahuweh's Commands already suffer for it today - thus continuing illness, sicknesses and death, pain and suffering with great loss, with sorrow, grief and depression .....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Interesting question....

I have to believe a combination of the two.....New Covenant and Mosaic Law.

Jesus proclaimed and Jeremiah foretold the New Covenant so you would expect that would be in play, but I’ve attended a Messianic Congregation where Jew and Gentile worship together and I noticed many of the Jewish members were still kosher and still wore their tallit and kippa if that means anything. 

Im pretty sure no one would be stoned anymore....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1Ti 1:9  Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

The law is still for the unrighteous.     Jesus will rule in the millennium with a rod of iron.   There will be none of the soft on crime that you wish for.  It will be very hard on law breaking.

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, Spock said:

Interesting question....

I have to believe a combination of the two.....New Covenant and Mosaic Law.

Jesus proclaimed and Jeremiah foretold the New Covenant so you would expect that would be in play, but I’ve attended a Messianic Congregation where Jew and Gentile worship together and I noticed many of the Jewish members were still kosher and still wore their tallit and kippa if that means anything. 

Im pretty sure no one would be stoned anymore....

So what about murder or adultery? Would there still be a death penalty? Would anarchy reign? Jesus is in heaven so should there be prisons or a death penalty at all?  Should there no punishment on earth for any sin anymore?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Willa said:

1Ti 1:9  Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

The law is still for the unrighteous.     Jesus will rule in the millennium with a rod of iron.   There will be none of the soft on crime that you wish for.  It will be very hard on law breaking.

So what about murder or adultery here and now? Should there no punishment on earth for any sin anymore? I am trying to wrap my head around something I don't know if I can describe it well. Take Adultery for example. In the OT adultery was not a Divorce question it was a criminal and spiritual question. Breaking it required the death penalty. Should it still? There was a reason that it was not to be tolerated. It's a about morality and God's morality never changes. So does the consequences on this earth for adultery or any moral sin vanish simply because the shed blood needed for remission of sin is now Christ's alone?  Should murder, rape and adultery have no earthly consequence? In the OT the civil law was the spiritual law. What should it be now? Should unrepentant adultery still require the death penalty? 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 minutes ago, firestormx said:

So what about murder or adultery here and now? Should there no punishment on earth for any sin anymore? I am trying to wrap my head around something I don't know if I can describe it well. Take Adultery for example. In the OT adultery was not a Divorce question it was a criminal and spiritual question. Breaking it required the death penalty. Should it still? There was a reason that it was not to be tolerated. It's a about morality and God's morality never changes. So does the consequences on this earth for adultery or any moral sin vanish simply because the shed blood needed for remission of sin is now Christ's alone?  Should murder, rape and adultery have no earthly consequence? In the OT the civil law was the spiritual law. What should it be now? Should unrepentant adultery still require the death penalty? 

Were there any prisons in the Days of the Old Testament....   Until the Romans came along?

2 minutes ago, other one said:

Were there any prisons in the Days of the Old Testament....   Until the Romans came along?

Yes, I think. So Adultery or rape ( for example ) should still require the death penalty?

Edited by firestormx

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, firestormx said:

Yes, I think. So Adultery or rape ( for example ) should still require the death penalty?

I don't think Jesus required the death penalty in the instances that were brought to him...