Pekoudah

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Acts 9:31 So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria enjoyed peace, being built up; and going on in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it continued to increase.

God continued to increase the church. He raised it to a new level. Was the fear of the Lord done away with? NO. God built on it. He edified on it.

So then on our part it was the fear of the Lord...and He added in the comfort of the Holy Spirit.

How do we get that extra dimension from God? This is by adding faith to the fear of the Lord.

That's the way of real advancement.

But we can try comforting ourselves by doing away with the fear of God....in which case we don't need His comfort. But it is His presence that comforts us. Why leave God out?

We need to receive God as He is...not as we want Him to be. And the presence of God is terror! Yet also unfathomable love.

It is both. The true God must be received in both.

The enemy can come to us as an angel of light...but there is something missing. He can speak nice things, complimentary things...things that build us up....but in the wrong part of us. In our flesh.

But the presence of God causes dread so that you tremble in fear. That is who He is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

The consequences of thinking you are saved by keeping those commandments could get one in very serious trouble .Jesus plus Nothing is what saves.....the purpose of the Law was to show us that nobody can keep it.....it points us to Jesus as our only hope of being saved... 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The consequences of thinking you are saved by keeping those commandments could get one in very serious trouble .Jesus plus Nothing is what saves.....the purpose of the Law was to show us that nobody can keep it.....it points us to Jesus as our only hope of being saved... 

That we would be taught of Jesus to fear the Lord and be saved.

God has no favourites...and there is no magic name that causes us to skip God's inspection and judgment. God will judge us all by our works only. The salvation of Jesus Christ is to go to Him so as to walk in His power over sin. There is no other grace that can overcome as He overcame except by abiding in Christ. .

Edited by Pekoudah
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Before we are saved we need to fear God.  After we are born again we still respect Him but the Holy Spirit in our hearts cries out Daddy!  Abba!  His perfect love casts out fear.  We become as little children-- dependent on Him.  It is that love relationship that keeps me clinging to Him.  I only fear losing that relationship by disobeying Him.  

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

10 minutes ago, Willa said:

Before we are saved we need to fear God.  After we are born again we still respect Him but the Holy Spirit in our hearts cries out Daddy!  Abba!  His perfect love casts out fear.  We become as little children-- dependent on Him.  It is that love relationship that keeps me clinging to Him.  I only fear losing that relationship by disobeying Him.  

Actually people who don't care about God don't fear Him. And this is also a major problem in the churches of today. The world has infiltrated into the church. There are many doctrines circulating that would have us to not fear the Lord...like everything is a done deal.  A salvation based on a dogma or religious position rather than a fearful encounter with the Almighty. But this is detrimental to our pleasing God in the race to win Christ.

We are indeed to work out our salvation...to the very end of our lives...with fear and trembling.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Betha said:

And did/does Yashua live/exist without the law ? Does scripture not say HE kept His Fathers Commandments ? when did He abolish them ?

Since Jesus kept the Commandments and IF He lives IN YOU it seems pretty obvious that you will keep them also ??? IF you don't it seems rather obvious you are not walking IN (HIS) Spirit.

The whole point of having HIS SPIRIT in us is so we also can walk as HE does...WITHOUT HIS SPIRIT we can not !

Jesus plus nothing seems to be a common lie from the devil to get people to stop trying to find the Kingdom of Heaven - and it is a very strong "Simple Belief" that works to keep people from getting saved.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Willa said:

I could read your words all day long.....so soothing to my heart. Have you written a book Wilma? If so, I’m ready to buy it. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

lol, no books.  I just speak from my heart, brother.  Thank you for the encouragement.  As you could see, most people here though I was off my rails.  :noidea: