• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Betha said:

Is that not the time when the TRUE LORD may be found ? It is the ONLY day  a Holy God made  'time holy' - at the very Creation Gen 2v2,3 and it is part of His 'firm foundation ! and perhaps even more important than the days on which He created the physical Universe.

Yashua/Jesus warned of MANY FALSE christs who would come and DECEVE MANY Mat 24.....who would not honour HIS Holy day which He GRACIOUSLY offers to SHARE with man !

He did set this day apart. How do you go about keeping it? Remember when he picked food, healed and saved the animal from the pit on this day? He said it's okay to do good on the Sabbath. If someone has to work to make ends meet, can this be his "picking?" He also mentioned that David went into the temple when he was hungry on the Sabbath and ate the bread there. What do you think constitutes modern day "picking, saving, healing?" I think Jesus is more concerned about the reason why you do things on the Sabbath day, than keeping it out of law. If you have a free day, then of course, it is good to spend it with Him. Also, do you go by days of the week? or do you go by the Jewish day calendar (Friday Sunset to Saturday Night)?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

They only way to honor the true Sabbath as God intended, and in fact ORDERS us to do, is to rest in the finished work of the Cross.Christians  don’t have to set aside any certain day to worship.EVERY day is a Sabbath to those who are under Grace— not the Law.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

Paul said that worrying about certain dates and certain festivals and feasts and Sabbaths and being concerned about what to eat or not  to eat was for “ weak Christians” It is not counted as a sin, God looks at the heart of the individual and knows it is a misguided attempt to please Him, but why remain “ weak” when you do not have to be that way?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

I cant understand why some people are fascinated by, and hung up on a God Of Anger, revenge, fear ,damnation ,Rule obsession and being forever that Old Man in the Sky, armed with lightning bolts , just chomping at the bit to wipe out any misfits that might be enjoying life just a  little bit— The Great Inter-Galaxy Kill-Joy.What a heartbreak it must be for Him.Even after He donned a tent of human flesh and showed the world that He was the Epitome Of Love.He loved us enough to die for us when we had no use  for Him.He took my sins and in turn , gave me His Righteousness , the best deal in the universe .Yes, the Mean Old Man in the Sky.....for too many ,people it’s like the New Testament never existed.  If you are in The Body Of Christ, God is our “ Abba” Daddy......a far cry from Snidely Whiplash or Montgomery  Burns.Go and do your cowering if that’s what you think God is all about, it may be good practice for some people who will be cowering on Judgement Day .Meanwhile ,I will spend my time here worshipping , the same thing I will be doing when I first see Him.Those that do not worship now— what makes you think it will Be any different when you meet Him. Maybe that’s how He and the angels separate the goats from the sheep.Just a little musing.......

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

The words of Gamaliel come to mind;

“remember there was so and so that claimed to be great, yet in the course of time came to be nothing”

“so again as it will be, if this is from God, it can not be overcome, it not, in the course of time it will be proved to be what it is, from the ground of what it is” 

Truth has a way of never being destroyed, will always right the ship. For it is God’s truth which He will defend.

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 6/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, Pekoudah said:

Eternal life is a KIND of life that is found by walking in the Spirit as we enter into Jesus Christ to abide in Him. If we drink His blood...partake of His life...we have HIS life in us...an eternal life.  And this is for as long as we partake of Him.

Eternal life happens at the point where you're spirit is "Born Again!"  

On 6/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, Pekoudah said:

salvation is something that is an ongoing process.

You're confusing SANCTIFICATION ... with SALVATION.

Salvation defined as -- In the New Testament, it is specially used with reference to the great deliverance from the guilt and the pollution of sin wrought out by Jesus Christ, "the great salvation" (Hebrews 2:3). (See REDEMPTION; REGENERATION .)

Sanctification defined as -- The process of being made holy resulting in a changed life-style for the believer. The English word sanctification comes from the Latin santificatio , meaning the act/process of making holy, consecrated. In the Greek New Testament, the root hag - is the basis of hagiasmos , “holiness,” “consecration,” “sanctification”; hagiosyne , “holiness”; hagiotes , “holiness”; hagiazo “to sanctify,” “consecrate,” “treat as holy,” “purify”; and hagios , “holy,” “saint.” The root idea of the Greek stem is to stand in awe of something or someone. The New Testament usage is greatly dependent upon the Greek translation of the Old Testament, the Septuagint, for meaning. The hag - words in the Septuagint mostly translated the Hebrew qadosh , “separate, contrasting with the profane.” Thus, God is separate; things and people dedicated to Him and to His use are separate. The moral implications of this word came into focus with the prophets and became a major emphasis in the New Testament.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

1 hour ago, George said:

Eternal life happens at the point where you're spirit is "Born Again!"   

You're confusing SANCTIFICATION ... with SALVATION.

Salvation defined as -- In the New Testament, it is specially used with reference to the great deliverance from the guilt and the pollution of sin wrought out by Jesus Christ, "the great salvation" (Hebrews 2:3). (See REDEMPTION; REGENERATION .)

Sanctification defined as -- The process of being made holy resulting in a changed life-style for the believer. The English word sanctification comes from the Latin santificatio , meaning the act/process of making holy, consecrated. In the Greek New Testament, the root hag - is the basis of hagiasmos , “holiness,” “consecration,” “sanctification”; hagiosyne , “holiness”; hagiotes , “holiness”; hagiazo “to sanctify,” “consecrate,” “treat as holy,” “purify”; and hagios , “holy,” “saint.” The root idea of the Greek stem is to stand in awe of something or someone. The New Testament usage is greatly dependent upon the Greek translation of the Old Testament, the Septuagint, for meaning. The hag - words in the Septuagint mostly translated the Hebrew qadosh , “separate, contrasting with the profane.” Thus, God is separate; things and people dedicated to Him and to His use are separate. The moral implications of this word came into focus with the prophets and became a major emphasis in the New Testament.

Salvation is always INTO holiness when we consider eternal life. Do we want an eternal life without holiness? That would be a terrible thing. God has ordained that any part of an eternal salvation IS in holiness. We are made to be partakers of His holiness as we learn to abide in Christ.

I disagree with separating an eternal salvation from holiness.  Both are part of the same process called in the early church "the Way." God is holy and we are commanded also to be holy. There is no salvation before God without holiness. So then as we run our race of faith we are BEING SAVED unto holiness. From righteousness unto holiness. This the is the quality of our salvation to a complete preservation of our souls in both righteousness AND holiness. In Christ these are inseparable.

No one is finally saved before the end of their race. We are all in process. Just like the Israelites were in the wilderness. Sure, these experienced the salvation FROM Egypt. But the race isn't over until God says it is. Just as God cut off the original branches, He can also cut us off...being disqualified through...a lack of faith demonstrated by holiness. Wherever God is...there is holiness...His presence is in holiness. So at each step of the process we need to add MORE humility and maintain the fear of the Lord. Perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Of course we also have temporal salvations...like healings in our bodies or deliverances from evil circumstances...these are also salvations. These are the temporal blessings of a faithful God towards His people. God delivers us from evil.

The issue then is with a possible distinction between "position" and "condition." Some see these in a separate way. I see these as co-related.  The closer we are to God...the better our condition.

Even the born again experience is a touch of holiness...from God. The gifts of the Spirit are infusions of holiness into the church for the purpose of it's edification in holiness.

So I tend to see sanctification and salvation (the eternal kind) as part of the same process.

If the root is holy...so are the branches.

peace to you

Edited by Pekoudah
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

Let the tree grow, that the fruit may be manifested in it’s day. For each man’s work will be proved to be what it is.

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

18 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

No one is finally saved before the end of their race. We are all in process.

That's not what the Holy Spirit teaches us:

According as He (Father) hath chosen us (me) in Him (Jesus Christ) before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,  To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us (me) accepted in the Beloved.  Eph 1:4-6

I was chosen, in Father's foreknowledge, before He created one single thing, way back in Eternity past...

...that I am Holy and blameless (not will be), even though I only existed in His Mind, way back in Eternity past,

why did He do that, ...because He already loved me, (when it was just the Triune God), He loved me in His Mind and Heart, ...way back in Eternity past,

...because of His foreknowledge of me, way back in Eternity past, and because He had already chosen me and predestined me to be one of His adopted children IN Jesus Christ, ....way back in Eternity past, ...it would be a sin for Him to not follow through with what He foreknew, ...and it's impossible for God to sin... 

...and, way back in Eternity past, it was His will, and that will was an emotional choice, ...that means Father loved me before I was knit together in my mothers womb in 1948 by Jesus Christ ...(kinda sheds some like on what Jesus said, "I always do the will of my Father!")

To the praise of the glory of His grace, ...like out brother here so often says, ...lift up those hands in Praise!

All of that Truth in just 4 verses, written by the Holy Spirit that loves me, Who only writes what He has heard Jesus say, ...so that when I (and any other born again child of God) read them today , I'm comforted  knowing that way back in Eternity past, far, far beyond the vanishing point of Eternity in my mind, ...I WAS/AM ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED, ...JESUS CHRIST!!!   

Now unto Him that is able to keep me from falling, and to present me faultless before the Presence of his Glory with exceeding Joy,  To the only wise God my Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen and AMEN  Jude 1:24, 25

Concerning my salvation, Father, His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit all say, ...it's a done deal!

Another benefit of this Truth, this knowledge of the Grace of God is, ...I'm IN Christ, ...seated with Him, at the right hand of my Father, my big brother, the Savior of the world, the Lord of Lord and the King of Kings, ...that means I'm in two locations, I have two addresses, my earthly tent sojourns in Pamatai, Faa'a, Tahiti, French Polynesia, and the real me, the born again child of God with the Holy Spirit living inside, ...IN Christ, IN heaven, with my Father who chose me, ...way, way, way back, ages and ages and eons and eons ago, ...in Eternity past.  Eph 1:1

You shall know the Truth and the Truth shall liberate you! (eleutheroō)   John 8:32

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1