Journey365

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

It seems that churches and commentaries seems to disagree on their interpretation of Revelation.

It seems like we don't understand them at times either. These are the things that churches and commentaries seem to differ to a certain degree. 

1. The Beast with 7 Heads and 10 horns.

2. The Mystery of Babylon. Who is this woman really to be?

3. What do they mean about that Great City? Are they talking about Babylon or another city?

So from what you studied what do you think these interpretations are?

Edited by Journey365

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,668
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Journey365 said:

It seems that churches and commentaries seems to disagree on their interpretation of Revelation.

It seems like we don't understand them at times either. These are the things that churches and commentaries seem to differ to a certain degree. 

3. What do they mean about that Great City? Are they talking about Babylon or another city?

I believe the beast with ten horns to represent ten nations in proximity of the promised land(from the Euphrates to the Nile).The seven heads of the beast to represent the seven hills on which sits the city of Jerusalem which is the woman.

I believe these ten nations will attempt to liberate Jerusalem kiling many of the inhabitants and leading away captives many others.At the time of the end when these nations attack Jerusalem and capture it, the Lord comes and saves the Israelis who have converted ,and resurrects those who died for thier testimony of him.The peoples of those nations which attacked Jerusalem are destroyed except those who are saved.

The land which those nations occupy today is then inherited by the saints.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 6/27/2019 at 9:02 AM, Journey365 said:

Perhaps it is the Lord's will they mean different things to different people.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 6/27/2019 at 10:02 AM, Journey365 said:

1. The Beast is --

Rev. 9:11 And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.

He is the worst of the fallen angels cast into the Abyss at the time of the Flood. (Jude 6) Called Azazel in the Book of Enoch and in Leviticus 16.

2. - 3. "Babylon the great" is Rome. It's mystery religion is descended from the original Babylon.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

A great deal of prophesy is seen in hindsight. It is stated, 'Had they but known, they never would have killed the King of Glory'. So God did not spell out too much for the Principalities and Powers to use in order to thwart His plan - rather, they were led to think that killing the Son would end The Plan. All that did was propel the plan forward for the Lord's use, as He designed it.

God is so very clever and many of the future events are a little obtuse or obscure; but the main themes give us an idea of what IS HAPPENING when it does ACTUALLY happen around us.

Many sell air time with prophetic stuff; many sell books with prophetic stuff. It is big business and somewhat of a distraction since they cannot all be correct.

Many and varied are the way of man. But who can know the Heart of God? If you follow men, then sooner or later a ditch awaits you. Follow the Lord High God and you will circumnavigate many perils and pits. He WILL guide you in all Truth.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/27/2019 at 11:02 AM, Journey365 said:

It doesn't just seem that way.  It has been that way 'forever'......  they will continue to disagree,  and most necessarily are wrong.

Asking on an open forum will likely get 50 different answers,   most of which , if not all,  must be wrong,  and all will be disagreeing with others,  probably.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

Just now, simplejeff said:

It doesn't just seem that way.  It has been that way 'forever'......  they will continue to disagree,  and most necessarily are wrong.

Asking on an open forum will likely get 50 different answers,   most of which , if not all,  must be wrong,  and all will be disagreeing with others,  probably.

If I may intrude a bit.

The Biggest problem with Forums is that varying people bring in with them a preconceived idea of end times. An assumption if you will. For example I was raised in fundamentalist background, which taught everything prophecy related in a certain way. I still consider my self a fundamentalist in a lot of my beliefs, But on prophecy I am way off the board from them.

There is a concept in Philosophy known as Socratic ignorance. This concept is summed up in the phrase "“I know only one thing–that I know nothing.”   

Paul the Apostle, was a well educated man, and he, I am sure, Knew of the Socratic method and Socratic ignorance, and the following verse may in fact be a reference to this. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. (1Cor. 2:2)

The Problem with the Socratic method is, because it starts with nothing it never ends and arrives at Truth. Truth is relative to each individual, and from this we get the Post modern mindset that all knowledge is relative. Paul, By starting from that ONE THING, however was able to arrive at truth, because that One thing, Christ Jesus Is the Truth.

The Big problem with forums is that no one wants to begin from square one in general, and hence the myriad of opinions. Even when undeniable facts are placed in front of people they will deny the facts because they do not fit their framework. For a Prophecy Forum to work and get somewhere, all of the participants must start from square one, knowing only Christ and him crucified. All the timelines and maps you got in Sunday school must go, all the commentaries and books save one, the Word of God must Go, All the" left behind" movies, and any teachings from Preachers must go. Then You can begin to have a frank discussion that arrives at Truth. 

If this format is not followed you will only get multiple people defending their preconceived framework, and or those who have no desire to arrive at truth, only to play the Socratic Game, and be "ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the Truth" (2 Timothy 3:7)

In The Christian community there is a sincere fear of doing this though. The fear of being led astray. But this is where the Spirit of Truth comes into play. For He will lead you into all Truth, and He will teach you. This is what I did back in 2007, I went in the Word of God, and read and studied, and Prayed, No other influences, He began to teach me. But wherever I go to share this, I am only faced with the above types of opposition. I try to interact, I try to answer their questions as maybe I missed something, and at times I learn from them, But what is more common is that what He showed me in the Word of God is far more vast than my knowledge can comprehend, and through this interaction he reveals more. When working in a Godly manner this interaction is known as the fellowship of the saints. When Not working rightly it falls into name calling and false accusation.

I Do not know who owns this forum, but if they heed these words, especially in regards to prophecy you will begin to bear good fruit, but if it continues the way it is, it will produce Bad fruit. 

Learn the lesson of the Eagle and the chicken. Both have wings, only one flies. (Isa 40:31)

God Bless.

30 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

because it starts with nothing it never ends and arrives at Truth. Truth is relative to each individual, and from this we get the Post modern mindset that all knowledge is relative. Paul, By starting from that ONE THING, however was able to arrive at truth, because that One thing, Christ Jesus Is the Truth.

The Big problem with forums is that no one wants to begin from square one in general, and hence the myriad of opinions.

Truth is not relative.

Jesus is Truth.    Unchanged, unchanging, unchangeable truth.

Most people visiting and joining and posting on internet sites start on the enemy's side and stay there.   The "welcome mat" is laid out for the whole world,  with or without faith, and since most of the world is without faith,  thus also most of the internet pages are without faith also.   This won't change until Jesus returns (likely no internet then,  we can hope anyway).

The "myriad of opinions" is quite 'normal' in the world,  and is welcome by the world,  which seeks to keep it that way.  The world rejects Jesus,  rejects truth.

If someone wants to find the truth,  they must seek the truth, and keep seeking the truth,  and they will find it,  but they will not find the truth where it is not.   Perhaps a pearl might be found in the overgrown yard....  most of the yard will still remain unhelpful.

35 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

if it continues the way it is, it will produce Bad fruit. 

The world will continue as written until Jesus returns:  The wicked become more wicked;  the righteous become more righteous.

The internet is wide open to perpetrators,  wilful sinners,  pagan nations,  heathen customs,  ungodly desires...... 

It is like a jungle out there,   with frequent (daily ) traps laid for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

None of which means we should give up the fight for truth in Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1