• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Greetings Brothers & Sisters,

I'm not confused but many people are. From now on I plan to use Yahweh when referring to our God. Some of you heard of Michael Heiser and what he thinks he discovered. I'm still uncertain of him but all he discovered is what society seems to have forgotten. Yahweh created other life forms before man. In some OT translations these creatures are called gods. They were worshiped as gods and still are being worshiped by some people. I'd like to point out that as Christians we should not be very interested in these gods. They are not equal to God or Yahweh. In fact, Yahweh created them just as He created us.

At first I was against Michael Heiser teaching young people that these other gods even exist but I've come to realize that we need to realize they are real but they are mostly evil. Michael Heiser has opened a can of worms I wish he left closed but since he opened it we best be clear on what it means. I've always known there are other spiritual beings that exist and I thought all Christians did too. Apparently I was wrong on that. The OT is full of accounts of these other gods and what our God used to use them for. I'm not so sure Yahweh is still using them today as He did back then. Nevertheless, they are real but this doesn't change one thing for us regarding Jesus and salvation.

I made this thread for young people who meet others who say they worship a different god. Don't bother telling them those gods are not real creatures because they are real but they are not the God we worship. I have been saying the Sovereign Lord to mean our God but perhaps Yahweh is more accurate. My heart goes out to you in the schools and collages because I hear arguments & debates about God are too common. Unfortunately, those of you on Yahweh's side are usually the minority.

This may not be an issue for most of you, we shall see. I'm still struggling with the name Yahweh myself but I think it would be good if it catches on.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The Mormon religion has the belief that God created other life forms before He created Adam and Eve. Be very careful what you read and that it lines up with what the Bible says. I would be cautious about this Michael Heiser.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

When third world country people or others experience  spiritual things from their "gods", these are demons or evil spirits leading people astray.   There is only one God.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The Mormon religion has the belief that God created other life forms before He created Adam and Eve. Be very careful what you read and that it lines up with what the Bible says. I would be cautious about this Michael Heiser.

He made beings that we usually think of as fallen angels Muffet…      those beings are on a higher level than humans so they are referred to as Elohim (gods)    They existed prior to the Flood as the old Mythological gods....     Zeus, Apollo, Baal, Marduk, Moloch and the others were fallen angels who got humans to worship them as gods...   and some people are doing so still today.  
They are not just figments of people's imagination, but are workers of Lucifer/Satan doing his will....   and it's most likely going to get worse as the end draws nearer.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

The scriptures speak of gods that are made of stone or wood, which have eyes but see not, ears but hear not, and have mouths but to don't speak. These are gods that were made by man's hands and not God's. And I believe that the only spirits that man deals with that are not of God, are of our enemy Satan. 

Gary

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 hours ago, JTC said:

From now on I plan to use Yahweh when referring to our God.

I don't think anyone here would object to that. Not as far as I know anyway. 

8 hours ago, JTC said:

Yahweh created other life forms before man. In some OT translations these creatures are called gods.

You're referring to the Nephilim if I read you right. Many theologians believe and teach this. 

8 hours ago, JTC said:

I'm still struggling with the name Yahweh myself but I think it would be good if it catches on.

Sure, to each his/her own according to their heritage. Try it out and see how it sticks with you. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, other one said:

He made beings that we usually think of as fallen angels Muffet…      those beings are on a higher level than humans so they are referred to as Elohim (gods)    They existed prior to the Flood as the old Mythological gods....     Zeus, Apollo, Baal, Marduk, Moloch and the others were fallen angels who got humans to worship them as gods...   and some people are doing so still today.  
They are not just figments of people's imagination, but are workers of Lucifer/Satan doing his will....   and it's most likely going to get worse as the end draws nearer.

You are referring to Nephilim like Beau said?

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

You will not hear this from your local pulpit:

Nephilim are the result of fallen ones interaction interbreeding with earthly females.

Angels are 'messenger' spirits. The word 'angel' is merely a description and not an 'entity'.

Evil and unclean spirits are the the resultant disembodied spirits of dead nephilim. They are directed by higher spirits (archons) to oppose Ya and His Works in the earth.

There is a strict hierarchy in all of Yah's created ones.

Job says that the 'sons of God' were there at the creation. Yah created His 'Heavenly host' (now mostly called archons by the apostles) before the world began - else how could they have rejoiced at its creation?

Hebrew is the best language to refer to since 'gods' are just the spirit members of Yah's council (Ps. 82) and most have/had displeased the Father (The One who sits on the throne) by going their own way and misleading the nations.
Thus Yah made for Himself a nation that he called Israel. The other 70-odd were scattered at Babel due to their misdirection and selfish ways. Like ha-Satan, they wanted to replace the lord and make themselves higher and dwell in the mountain of the Lord Yahweh (Eden). They failed miserably, yet still are the 'principalities and powers' that are the workers of iniquity in high places. A considerable foe and NOT to be trifled with.

Yeshua (Yah is Salvation) came to earth to put all this right and allow us humans to rejoin His Father's Family. This was His design from before The Beginning. From before the foundation of the world.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, JTC said:

I have been saying the Sovereign Lord to mean our God but perhaps Yahweh is more accurate.

Shalom JTC,

The topic of His Name is a vitally important one. 

From my exhaustive research on the matter, I have found that Yahweh is highly likely to be the correct way to say the Tetragrammton.  More accurately it should be pronounced: Yah-oo-eh, rather than Yah-way, as the W in the name literally should be a double-u.  The Name is not Jehovah or Yahovah, as some ascertain, which fractures the correct understanding of Hebrew.  It could be Yahuah, but there are reasons to doubt this pronunciation also. 

That said, the Father knows who you are referring to when you saying Sovereign Lord, God and Most High.  True, they are titles, but if I'm speaking to you and say "brother" rather than "JTC", would you ignore me?  Even JTC isn't your birth name, but wouldn't you respond if I wrote @JTC?  Therefore, don't be concerned, if you are, in using praiseworthy titles.  However, when speaking with others, or if you are concerned at the ambiguity in the conversation, it's good to say or write Yahweh, to make things clear.  It's not disrespectful.  On the contrary, it glorifies His Name!   

Consider how many times "THE LORD" is written in Scripture.  Each time represents when translators have overwritten the Name with this title.  You'll see it:

• When Yahweh refers to Himself 
  • When Israel refer to Him (kings, prophets, laymen and slaves)
  • When surrounding nations refer to Him (Egypt, Syrians, Moab, Edom, Assyria, Babylon, Persia)
  • When praise is given to Him
  • When promises are made by Him
  • Etc....

Yet today, many Christians will not mention His Name at all, favouring the title of "God" instead (mainly through ignorance).  It's impersonal and ambiguous to those who overhear, but I'm sure Yahweh understands who they are referring to in context.  

But praise Yahweh that He has opened your eyes to this truth and is leading you to speak and praise His Name.  That seems to be happening more and more in these last days.  It's very exciting to see!  HalleluYah!

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

You are referring to Nephilim like Beau said?

Technically it would be referring to the angel fathers of the Nephilim.   But supposedly there were only two hundred of the fallen angels who took wives of Adam's daughters out of the millions of the fallen angels who went with Satan.

but this is getting way off subject...