Guest Shilo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I agree... I hate sin with my mind and soul, but the flesh is weak. Yes, God loves us despite, just like if I told my dad I wasn't going to cut the grass, he would still love me. But, even after we give ourselves to Christ, we continue to sin, it lessens, but it continues none the less.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Munari,

You are scaring me. I'm beginning to agree with you for once. :biggrin:

See Bob, Catholics can speak on their own, and they even make sense (from time to time)...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Why are we chosen ?

There is nothing special about me.

I have been a bad bad sinner, and I still have to fight to get rid of old habits.

Joey, we all have the same diagnosis... we're all human. We all have weakness, we all struggle.

Of course there is something special about you. God created YOU, not just your humaness and you body, but YOU. He loves you. And if God loves you, there is nothing else that one needs to be special.

• Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks.

Guest EPHRIAM777
I do not question God, I only question myself why do I have this feeling of guilt that so many will perish while I am saved because I was chosen. Though I understand that many are called but few chosen, does it mean the some are not called?

Well don't feel all bad for them...cause they could care less about you...Their having a grand ol time I'll bet...so don't feel that bad about em...!

Focus on the fact that but for the grace of GOD...you could have been in their shoes...! So your one of the luckiest people on the face of the planet...and them...

Let God worry about them..and see to them and whether or not they are saved or not..He's just and fair..and all knowing..He'll worry about them....Thats not your job...!

God doesn't send people to hell..and neither do you..THEY send themselves there...!

• Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jipsah said, "Actually I find the notion of setting man's will above God's to be false and ridiculous.  Not only does it make God subordinate to us in these things, able to set aside His will in order that out own will may be done, but it also precisely makes the sacrifice of Christ of no effect for those who reject Him.  We Calvinists believe that ALL those for whom Christ died will come to Him.  Arminians believe that He will lose most of those for whom He died. "

I love your posts, Jipsah :inlove:

" Why are we chosen ?

There is nothing special about me.

I have been a bad bad sinner, and I still have to fight to get rid of old habits."

This question,above, shows some spiritual light shining here!

This is the whole point of "few are chosen". If there was anything special about the christian, which moved God to select him instead of others, then salvation would not be of grace. Someone has defined grace and mercy as:

Grace is getting  what you *don't* deserve, mercy is *not*

getting what you *do* deserve.

We cannot understand why He chose us, we don't deserve Heaven. We couldn't earn Heaven. But God is so sovereign,

that He planned to save every one of His saved ones. And nothing, no one can stop Him-

"And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing:

and He doeth according to His will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay His hand, or say unto Him, What doest Thou?...and those that walk in pride He is able to abase."                   Dan.4.35-37

:angel:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Hello Everyone! I would like to tell of my first hand experience with that particular scripture, Matt 20:16, 22:14. I was raised Unchurched and never even gave God a thought of existance.(Scared to with the lifestyle I was living). While I was strung out on meth I was going through some definate supernatural interference in my life. To put it plainly, I was being demonized. I moved from place to place trying to escape the torment, but it followed me everywhere. After I left my house for a couple of days trying to get cleaned-up thinking that would make the fear and freaky stuff stop. I returned to my home after a couple days. I had left in such a hurry I had thrown alot of my clothes over a barstool in my room. There on top was a T-shirt that I had never seen before. It wasn't there when had I left. The front was a regular NO FEAR shirt, but what it said on the back was, "Many are called, but few are chosen". I KNEW it meant something. I packed that shirt and took it with me and it disappeared. I never seen it again.

About a year later I read that scripture in jail...I knew then it had been the Lord that had left that for me. Yes, I serve the Lord with all my heart. I'm so thankful that He called me.

I read a good analogy about pre-destination and election.

The ship (the church) is chosen by God to be His very own vessel. Christ is the Captain and Pilot of this ship. All who desire to be a part of this elect ship and its Captain can  do so through a living faith in Christ, by which they come on board the ship. As long as one is on the ship, in the company with its Captian, he is among the elect. If he chooses to abandon the ship and Captain, he ceases to be one of the elect. Election is always only in union with the Captain and His ship. Predestination tells us the ships destination and what God has prepared for those remaining on it. God invites everyone to come on board the elect ship through faith in Jesus Christ.

• Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Welcome to the boards, Karen.

"I read a good analogy about pre-destination and election.

The ship (the church) is chosen by God to be His very own vessel. Christ is the Captain and Pilot of this ship. All who desire to be a part of this elect ship and its Captain can  do so through a living faith in Christ, by which they come on board the ship. As long as one is on the ship, in the company with its Captian, he is among the elect. If he chooses to abandon the ship and Captain, he ceases to be one of the elect. Election is always only in union with the Captain and His ship. Predestination tells us the ships destination and what God has prepared for those remaining on it. God invites everyone to come on board the elect ship through faith in Jesus Christ."

It seems that some church-people will go to any lengths, just

so they can imagine away the reality of a universe in which God is in complete control over everything(including salvation).

But this is our universe. Ships and boats have not been elected to be in Heaven, but people are elected-

"The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth;..."                                            

"The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen." 2 Jn.1,13

Do you have a verse from the Bible to support your imagined

'good ship elect'? Maybe you are kind of new at all this christianity thing. Christians arrive at truth from the Bible :angel: .