Sign in to follow this  
Journey365

Get A Pet and Don't Forget

I don't have any pets as of now. It's partly because I can't afford the vet bills. My girlfriend is also sad when the animals pass away. 

I did grow in a home with a lot of animals mostly dogs and some cats. I also had those boring goldfish. My sister once had a couple of parakeets for a short time. 2 white rabbits and 1 black rabbit, and 1 chameleon.

The most 3 most memorable cats was Panther looked just like his name and was with us the longest. Once while going to school he started to follow me and decided to lie die in the middle of the street to clean himself while a car was coming. I told him to go home and he did. The next cat is Tazmo who had the same markings as Sylvester  and from the same litter was Zeke. Zeke was mean but Tazmo was nice.

As far as dogs go there was leighdie who was the mother dog. She 2 litters of puppies at 2 different times. My sister who put dogs in dog shows kept 2 from this litter. One was JD, German Shephard and the other Blitz. She put JD in the show and he did alright. She taught him in simple German commands. He was always kind of a pest though barking in Leighdie's ears. Then she got a Siberian Huskie named Koda. He had one brown eye and one blue. He howled but didn't bark. One time he ran away he was found at a hot dog stand named Foster Freeze eating French fries in the back. My mom's boyfriend had a Golden Retriever named Rebel. He may have been abused before because he may have been abused. The last 3 dogs were  American Eskimos. Their names were Winston, Pretty, and Isis. Winston was my sisters favorite dog she ever had. He was also the smartest dog knowing a few tricks.

We still talk about the memories of these dogs to this day. 

Are there any members here like to talk about any pets of any kind? You can talk about any you owned back then or ones you have now. Just in case you don't have any pets you may talk about someone else's pets. On your mark ..get pets.. Go!

• Loved it! 1

I have four dogs ( all rescue ) have fostered over 400 dogs/puppies and did home boarding for several years. My children had rabbits guinea pigs, fish , birds, mice and hamsters at some stage or another  Cant have cats as I am allergic and although one daughter had lizards I don't like reptiles at all ( well apart from my tortoises that I had as a child ) 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

I currently have a cat, a black and white long hair.   Rescued from my street.   She doesn't want a pal.   When I brought her inside in 2010, I had two senior cats who passed away at 17 years old.    All rescued from my street.   Previously I had a black and white Shih Tzu....near the end of his life, I brought in my first street kitty...a tiny tortoiseshell kitten.

Hard when the end comes but I try to look at the good years and times they enjoyed.   One of my cats passed away naturally at 23 years old.   That was the easiest passing to go through.   He took a breath while laying on the sofa beside me, and was gone.   He was a character..... would only take so much petting, then would slap you!

• Thumbs Up 2

I have a Jack Russell. She's 3 years old and her name is Izzy.

She's lovely but bonkers! lol.

Xxx

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this