Mary8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  240
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

The Comings of the Lord Jesus: the Rapture in blessing in mid air, then from heaven on a white horse in judgment

There is no mention of the term "second coming" in the Bible.   The term seems to cause some to deny the coming for believers as compared to His coming down to the earth in judgment.

Jesus will come, in the air to take believers up to Himself, in white, His hands in blessing, for His saints, in like manner as He went up:

John 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Luke 24:50-52  50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. 51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. 52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:

Acts 1:11   Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Luke 18:8  Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Revelation 16:15   Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.  

Isaiah 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him,...

I Thess. 4:16-17  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Psalms 27:5  For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

Jude 1:14-15 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,  15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

1 Thess, 5:2   For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.  Verse 4  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Jesus comes to the earth in judgment, on a horse, with fire and a sword, in red garment, not in blessing, to render His anger with fury:

Revelation 19:7-16   7 For the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.... 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.... 11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. 

Psalm 50:3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before Him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about Him.

Isaiah 66:15-16 15For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. 16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

2 Peter 3:10     But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Zech. 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle;... 3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.....  8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem.

Rev. 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him.

Revelation 3:3   Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Edited by Mary8
to rearrange verses

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  111
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  09/20/1966

Im not sure what you saying, JEsus returning many times ?

Thanks for your comment, it will help.   I was trying to see if I could find things that would help distinguish the pre-trib view from the post-trib.    I will try to see if I can clarify.   Maybe a better title.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Mary,

Glad you mentioned a `second` time, that the Lord is coming.

`...Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.` (Heb. 9: 28)

As a pre-tribber I believe this is when we, who eagerly wait for Him will be caught up to meet Him in the clouds.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, Marilyn for pointing those words out.  

I was surprised to find those words when I was doing searches at kjvonline for Scriptures that help distinguish the Lord's coming for believers and when He comes at Armageddon.    Those few words give specifics, so encouraging.    If I can tell how to do it, I want to put that on my profile.

Unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time.  Heb. 9:28

Mary

Edited by Mary8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, Mary8 said:

Thanks, Marilyn for pointing those words out.  

I was surprised to find those words when I was doing searches at kjvonline for Scriptures that help distinguish the Lord's coming for believers and when He comes at Armageddon.    Those few words give specifics, so encouraging.    If I can tell how to do it, I want to put that on my profile.

Unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time.  Heb. 9:28

Mary Lou

People Will wail when they see Jesus on the cloud why oh why ???

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

People Will wail when they see Jesus on the cloud why oh why ???

Could this be it? 

Zechariah 12:10  and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for their only son KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Could this be it? 

Zechariah 12:10  and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for their only son KJV

Yes but why the whole world will cry ???

Rev 1:7 ....and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Revelation 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

All are filled with despair if they have resisted the Almighty.  The next verse reveals that for some, He is the end.   His coming means judgment, punishment.

Rev. 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 6:16  And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

John 19:37   And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

The Jews shall be granted grace:

Zechariah 12:10  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. 

The wicked are compared to dogs.

Psalms 22:16  For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Edited by Mary8

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

10 hours ago, R. Hartono said:
On 7/1/2019 at 6:52 AM, BeauJangles said:

Could this be it? 

Yes but why the whole world will cry ???

Rev 1:7 ....and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

The key words here are "of the earth."

John 3:31 “He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all."

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Those who are in Christ and have His Holy "Spirit are no longer "kindreds of the earth," but rather, the kindred of heaven.

• This is Worthy 1