IGNORED

How do you deal with the lost young people of today?

Beckett

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

In Europe, and it is propably the same way in the US, the young people ... especially the generation of say about 10-18 years. Seems to really, really have lost their way.

They have no respect for anything or anyone, some of them are like vampires. I was sitting in a buss behind a gang four or five 12-14 year olds. They were spitting on seats and being like wild animals. I asked them to behave, then they attacked me verbally. I just stared the biggest bully of them in the eyes for a good 5 minutes until they shut their mouth.

Then, when i left the buss, I was quite saddened by how many kids these days have turned into, well ... little devils. These kids seemed totally lost.

What would you do in this situation, get angry and confront them verbally, just leave, or do as I did - just stare them in the eyes?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Might be tempted to say to the leader of the pack, hey your momma must be a camel the way you have learned to spit. Here let me show your friends a better way to get the distance you are seeking. Close your eyes, I am chewing tobacco and this will hurt you if you keep them open.

• Haha 1

Now I might be tempted, but really nowadays I'd do one of two things. Hopefully I'd likely leave as soon as I could, less I would soon lose my own self control and drop one of them without warning of any sort whatsoever. 

Hopefully I would just leave. And pray for them all if I didn't have courage, and recognize the leading of the Holy Spirit, to pray aloud  for and with them on the vehicle.

• Loved it! 1

All of which is bad advice to others of course. Plus I do remember riding the subways and trolleys in the 1950's at Boston. That was no picnic, thugs everywhere back then too. Perhaps I was perceived as being one of them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

All of which is bad advice to others of course. Plus I do remember riding the subways and trolleys in the 1950's at Boston. That was no picnic, thugs everywhere back then too. Perhaps I was perceived as being one of them.

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

Socrates
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Sometimes it's best to simply ignore ignorance.   Of course, if it is a crime happening to a person, call 911 immediately for the police.   Recently a Good Samaritan was trying to physically protect someone getting beat up.   So the two thugs beat the Good Samaritan up....I can't recall now if he died or was just severely injured.   I think he should have called 911 immediately instead of jumping into a physical fight.

We do have some kids that are nice.   Recently I was walking home with some groceries.   I often see skate boarders.   There were about 5 chatting on and near the sidewalk.   While I was still several feet away, they moved to the grass so I could pass by.    Also, the other day a neighbor boy took my grocery bags up the front steps of my building, and carried them all the way to my second floor apartment.    Quite often I am helped to my apartment by younger neighbors which is so nice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I worked with a group like these on school busses when they were 3rd grade through 8th.  All of them had been neglected and abused, and we took them from their counseling at our mental health out patient facility back to school.  They functioned as a gang when out of school.  They were a tough bunch.  One was a sociopath.  When one on one, they could be really personable and friendly.  When together they had to put on a bravado.  They all needed God so much.  Some even brought satanic literature with them.  

In your place, I think I would have started silently praying for them that they may come to know God's love and be saved.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

We can not save these people. Only God can save them. They are making very dangerous choices. We need to pray for them. 

• Thumbs Up 2