• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Most of you by now know that I'm a Seventh-day Adventist. I was reading a chapter from one of EW's books today called the Great Controversy and in the chapter called The Bible and the French Revolution I was surprised to see that she described this topic of the two witnesses. I still haven't finished reading the chapter but so far it is quite interesting. I'm sure you deem her a false prophet, but I figured that those who would be interested in another interpretation of the two witnesses would enjoy the reading. Here's the link for that chapter. the bible and the french revolution

:24:

Hope whoever takes a look enjoys the reading. :huh:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Thanks for the link, Remnant, but I just bought The Great Controvery and The Desire of Ages by Ellen White.I am going to read the chapter The Bible and the French Revolution for myself.Did you know that the Rev. Billy Grahm has a copy of all of Ellen White's books in his library; and stated he has read them all.

I have never believed that the two witnesses are two people such as Moses and Elijah, who would come back to life and die again. I believe the two witnesses are symbolic. Just like the mark of the beast. I believe there is much symbolism in Revelation. It always surprises me that people will pick and choose what is symbolic and what is literal.

In Christ,

CarolineS

Guest Blessed by Association

At the Mount of Transfiguration Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus. They are the two witnesses.

Now the question is what does it mean?

2 witnesses in the bible are to show that it is true.

Hence when Jesus spoke he usually sail things like "Verily Verily i say unto you" or "Truly, Truly" or "Amen and Amen" it is used to show truth or that prophecy is fulfilled.

For instance when jesus was brought to the temple Simeon said that he was the Messiah and the old Prophetess who affirmed the same to show hat the prophecy of the Messiah was true.

As for Moses and Elijah they were not there in the flesh but they just appeared to them Matt 17:3. vs 8 and when they had lifted up their eyes they saw no man, save Jesus. Therefore they were not reincarnated and then had to die again because they had put on incorruption and could travel as they pleased.

This happened to show the citizens of Heaven the one who died and will be raised, Moses, and the ones who will be translated into heaven because they will be here on earth when Jesus returns.

They are the two witnesses to make true to fact that Jesus is the Messiah, hence why Jesus said this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased

:thumbsup:

Edited by Blessed by Association

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hey, wait a minute. How can you think that these people are symbolic. It says that they will be taken up into heaven after they're resurected. That sound like they're individuals.

And as far as identity, didn't it say somewhere in there that one of them was Moses or something like that? Spirit of Moses? How was that phrased and where was it?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

We know that Moses died and thus his appearance at the Mt. of Transfiguration reveals that he had already received his "glorified body". Elijah appeared with him there in the same "glory". Thus we can believe that Enoch also has received his "glorified body".

Maybe I've missed something here but I don't believe anyone could have received their glorified body until Jesus gave his life on the cross and raised himself again in the fullness of his glorified body. He's the first born "Son of God" and if anyone had received their glorified body before Jesus then he wouldn't be the first born. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Drat, that counts me out of being one. I already have a couple of symbols on my head already and one of them couldn't be a seven.

But how do you figure seven? I have never even heard of that.

Edit: again, I say, disappointing.

Edited by reconditioned

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I will say this. That when the two witnessess arrive, it will be like everyone else. Started from a birth, like Jesus. Marked from the Womb with a invisable Seal of 7 on their foreheads. This Seal of Seven, goes all the way back to King David. These Two witnessess are just like everyone else except they slowly become aware of their true being and potential. One day, God enters their life. They begin to prophesy but they hide them, out of fear. For they only suspect who they might be. Then one day, they begin a publishing to reveal to the earth what the Lord has spoken to them. They publish in Black and White to make it crystle clear. they Reveal the Book they have written that is a copy of a Book in Heaven. They describe the Earthquakes, the Plagues, etc again and again. But, everyone misunderstands them. As in the days of Noah. And then the Earthquakes come. The Plagues come. It is too late. I read a book called The Prophecy and Testament; The Book of True Revealing. This publishing is proberly the closest you will find on this subject.

:whistling: Do you have any Biblical evidence to back up any of these claims?

Guest Thomas I Believe
I don't think two groups of people would be having the same powers as Moshe and Eliyahu, I think they could handle many all by themselves. But perhaps one is Jewish and one Gentile working together for the L-rd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings Zayit,

You will find in Eph 1-3 that Christ is building a church composed of both Jew and gentile. We find in Romans 11, that it will be the gentiles (believers including other born again Jews) that take the gospel to the Jews, when the "fulness of the gentiles be come in (to the Kingdom of God)". Jesus makes a statement that "Elijah would indeed 'come' ", even as He was present in the person of John the Baptist. Elijah did not come then "in person", and neither will he come in the end "in person", but it was his SPIRIT that was upon John, and that same SPIRIT will be upon the last days saints. The Two Witnesses epitimize Elijah, shutting up the rain and fire coming from their mouths. Elijah is known as the "Prophet of Fire".

For all who do not take the Mark of the Beast, they will become "street people", they will have no money, no homes, no cars, only the clothes on their backs and they will be ministering out in the open and they will "overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of their Testimony and they will not love their lives even unto death", and "when their testimony is over, they will be killed and their bodies will line all the streets of the world for 3 days. A very few will escape this death and they will be raptured at the 7th trumpet.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

:whistling:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/11/1986

Do you know who they are, and where it is found in the Word of God?

Some say it was Moses and Elijah.Some try to identify one of the witnesses with Enoch (because he never died.

GOD BLESS.

It's hard to tell.... there are some people who do say it is Enoch and Elijah because they are the only 2 people who escaped death and were carried up to heaven.... others say Moses and Elijah because of the signs these 2 profits are displaying have strong resemblance to the signs of Moses and Elijah. There are people who take a completely different angle on it and say that the 2 witnesses are in fact The Spirit of God and The Word of God because of the fire that comes out of the mouth. The Spirit and The Word are the 2 things in scripture that breath fire...... this falls through the hole though because the witnesses die and we know that God's Spirit and God's Word never die

either way it's interesting.... I'll post the passage here so people can have fun trying to decipher something as complex as prophecy... awwww scripture is fun :whistling:

And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." 4These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. 5If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

7Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified. 9For three and a half days men from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

11But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here." And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/11/1986

Do you know who they are, and where it is found in the Word of God?

Some say it was Moses and Elijah.Some try to identify one of the witnesses with Enoch (because he never died.

GOD BLESS.

It's hard to tell.... there are some people who do say it is Enoch and Elijah because they are the only 2 people who escaped death and were carried up to heaven.... others say Moses and Elijah because of the signs these 2 profits are displaying have strong resemblance to the signs of Moses and Elijah. There are people who take a completely different angle on it and say that the 2 witnesses are in fact The Spirit of God and The Word of God because of the fire that comes out of the mouth. The Spirit and The Word are the 2 things in scripture that breath fire...... this falls through the hole though because the witnesses die and we know that God's Spirit and God's Word never die

either way it's interesting.... I'll post the passage here so people can have fun trying to decipher something as complex as prophecy... awwww scripture is fun :whistling:

And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." 4These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. 5If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

7Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified. 9For three and a half days men from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

11But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here." And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.