• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Most of the crosses I see people wearing are on rap stars.

Gee I don't see Rap stars at all. I do see lots of fellow saints in Christ Jesus. My pastor has a large cross tattoo and several passages  tattooed upon his frame. I don't think it likely a good look for me, but it fits him well.  Still I do kinda want the one tattoo, but where to put it on an old man's frame. Between being hairy, and hoary with the start of wrinkles, it may not be the look for me. Ha a new patch on an old skin so to speak- might burst open and leak out all my wine.

Think I'll just carry my big red leather covered KJV pulpit size Bible around instead. 

Seriously though-What individuals choose to use to express themself, and especially to share of our Lord Jesus and His saving gospel, I'm good with it, God bless 'em in their travels.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

To me actions speak volumes and your life should show you are a Christian. I do not mean this personally, but to me it is similar to tne Pharisees  who wore their phylacteries to show they were Godly and holy but not all lived the life. 

I didn't take it personally.  I just disagree with the premise of faithful Christians wearing jewelry of faith as being pharisaical.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

What is written in the Creator's Word about phylacteries ?   Did anyone honest wear them also,  not just hypocrites ?

What is written in the Creator's Word about jewelry ?   Why did the early "believers" eschew jewelry ?   

When does a "believer" become alive, a faithful member in the body of Christ ? (not all believers are Christian even, as written) 

Do they become a 'better' "believer" by wearing jewelry,  considering ONLY what the Creator's Word Says about this ?

Or do they become associated with , well,  other goals ,  not so pure ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  64

I have been bowling on a league (but not right now though) anyway there is a man there who bowls with his sister, and brother and father (father is 85?) anyway I rarely see a man where a cross where I live in my area.  I said something to him like "I like your cross" but he did not say much (he is very quiet type).

I may have said more I don't remember but it impressed me that he wore it as it is a statement!   

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Do they become a 'better' "believer" by wearing jewelry,  considering ONLY what the Creator's Word Says about this ?

Or do they become associated with , well,  other goals ,  not so pure ?

Perhaps neither, or none of the above.

18 minutes ago, Amanda Frances said:

I have been bowling on a league (but not right now though) anyway there is a man there who bowls with his sister, and brother and father (father is 85?) anyway I rarely see a man where a cross where I live in my area.  I said something to him like "I like your cross" but he did not say much (he is very quiet type).

I may have said more I don't remember but it impressed me that he wore it as it is a statement!   

Perhaps a billion hypocrites on earth , maybe 3 billion or more,  "wore it as it is a statement!"....

and they drag others down daily with themselves, 

as written in Scripture.

Perhaps a few million are not hypocrites,  whether they "wore it as it is a statement" or not .....

To be able to see the difference,   requires testing,   in truth,  as written.

As written,  many many more "wore it as it is a statement" to trick others (at least into believing the wearer is somehow good or saved or part of a good group, so-called) ,

than honestly show what is truth abiding with them.    

i.e. according to all the Bible, and history, a lot more people seek to trick us,  than to tell us (or anyone) the truth.

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I guess the guy or gal that wears a giant metal cross as jewelry is  a little more practical in sharing of their joy and faith than are the few that get all carried away at Passover/ Easter  and have themselves nailed to a tree, as some Pacific rim islanders tend to do.

The Gospel of Jesus for Eternal Life is not 'practical' by earthly standards - it is foolishness.

I don't see those you mention sharing anything good with anyone,   only trying to impress others or doing it for "show".

5 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

To me actions speak volumes and your life should show you are a Christian. I do not mean this personally, but to me it is similar to tne Pharisees  who wore their phylacteries to show they were Godly and holy but not all lived the life. 

Amen.

Not only not all,  but few ever lived the life, as Jesus says in the Bible.

How many "Churches" are known by unbelievers /neighbors/ co-workers in the city they are in as walking in the light ?  

How many are known(without a word spoken, but by their totally changed lives) as "they were with God",  by people observing them ?   

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Well I guess I could just  greet a large cross wearer with a "Hi, I see by your cross that you might have some Bible interests". May I greet you in the name of the Lord, My Lord Jesus and pray you have a blessed day? Where did you get your cross was it a gift or did you select it personally? I don't yet have one myself, been thinking about a tattoo though". Isn't it a grand thing to know the security  of eternal life with Jesus, made possible by His sacrifice on  a cross that we may have eternal life with Him and by Him alone ....

That comes across just like someone saying:   I'm not married yet, but thinking about getting a wife soon,  then maybe a different wife if that one doesn't work out.....  as both adultery and tattoos are forbidden by Yahuweh(God).

15 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The Gospel of Jesus for Eternal Life is not 'practical' by earthly standards - it is foolishness.

I don't see those you mention sharing anything good with anyone,   only trying to impress others or doing it for "show".

That's okay, it is not necessary that you see.