• Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, simplejeff said:

"Open Rebuke is Better than Hidden (quiet) Love"

And just before that  is 

Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

This is a fascinating thread, as Christians need to be courageous and proud of their role in glorifying God.  The question becomes about those who engage in Christian activities in ways that bring glory to oneself or in ways that is off-putting to the locals.  I am thinking more specifically about some street ministers who yell about the condemnatory aspects of God's message or who have inflammatory signs.  Instead, our message should be one of comfort and consolation to all those who are hurting.  To that end, we have to be discerning about how our message is received by the unbelievers and dress and act at all times, taking into account, the words of Paul: " In no way are we giving any cause for stumbling, so that no fault may be found with our ministry;  but in every way we recommend ourselves as God’s ministers, by the endurance of much, by tribulations, by times of need, by difficulties" (2 Corinthians 6:3,4).

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Now I am thinking, how do  I or how would I start a conversation  with a Bible quotation? 

Oh! "Greetings In the name of the Lord Jesus" or maybe a John Wayne movie like intro not a Bible quote but generally referencing Christians, "Welcome pilgrim".   A greeting that lifts me personally  is just a  "Have a blessed day", but an actual Bible quote, hmm? Just doesn't come to mind, what would one be?

Lol! Depends upon whom you are speaking to. It is delightful to quote biblically with other Christians but it is not a good idea to go in cold to non believers. They usually just do not understand. Work up to it sensitively though, test the waters. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

We see Movie stars, rappers, and everyday non believers etc. wearing crosses yet who do not live the life of Christ’s example and spew venom against our Lord or those who believe. It should be the actions, people see and the example of our lives not the crosses we wear and the Bibles we carry if they do not match the lives we live, words we speak and love we show toward others.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940

Well I guess I could just  greet a large cross wearer with a "Hi, I see by your cross that you might have some Bible interests". May I greet you in the name of the Lord, My Lord Jesus and pray you have a blessed day? Where did you get your cross was it a gift or did you select it personally? I don't yet have one myself, been thinking about a tattoo though". Isn't it a grand thing to know the security  of eternal life with Jesus, made possible by His sacrifice on  a cross that we may have eternal life with Him and by Him alone ....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I wear a cross as jewelry sometimes.  And I do carry my Bible from time to time depending on what's going on and what I intend to do with it.

I'm not sure why that a wrong thing.

Someone close to me has a small piece of jewelry a necklace piece with a star of David and a lion and lamb. It gets all sorts of attention that opens up pleasant conversation with many a stranger. Most get rather interested and talk on a bit and share.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

6 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I wear a cross as jewelry sometimes.  And I do carry my Bible from time to time depending on what's going on and what I intend to do with it.

I'm not sure why that a wrong thing.

To me actions speak volumes and your life should show you are a Christian. I do not mean this personally, but to me it is similar to tne Pharisees  who wore their phylacteries to show they were Godly and holy but not all lived the life. 

I guess the guy or gal that wears a giant metal cross as jewelry is  a little more practical in sharing of their joy and faith than are the few that get all carried away at Passover/ Easter  and have themselves nailed to a tree, as some Pacific rim islanders tend to do.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

Most of the crosses I see people wearing are on rap stars.