The Beauty of the Lord

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

only when God the holy spirit reveals God the Son to the human spirit can you behold the beauty of the lord . God is a personal God and he wants intimacy with us.  The same Psalm says- to see your glory and your power. David wanted to see more of God s glory and power. Moses likewise cries out show me your glory . the psalmist says taste and see that the Lord is good.

if you will hunger more for God and search him out as a hidden treasure, he will reveal more of himself to you and you will behold his beauty.

https://worshipwarriorsministry.com.au/

Edited by Worship Warriors
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

The holiness of the Lord is the most beautiful.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

I agree that the holiness of God is most beautiful. The angels around the throne do not cease to cry out holy holy holy day and night. because they are full of eyes within, they can gaze into the depth of God ,  they don't get bored singing the same song.

only the holy spirit can take you up soaring in the beauty realm. that's when you will become a lovesick worshiper.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  411
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

David’s appreciation for God, his Word, and his arrangement for true worship never faded. The many beautiful psalms David composed expressed how he felt. In Psalm 27:4, David wrote: “One thing I have asked from God—it is what I shall look for, that I may dwell in the house of Jehovah all the days of my life, to behold the pleasantness of the Lord and to look with appreciation upon his temple.” In the original Hebrew, the expression “to look with appreciation” means to linger in contemplation, to scrutinize, to see with pleasure, delight, admiration. Clearly, David was a man of spiritual depth who truly appreciated God's spiritual provisions and relished every morsel of spiritual truth that God revealed. His example of appreciation is worthy of imitation.—Psalm 19:7-11.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

8 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

I wondered what you think is beautiful about the Lord.

:)In a word...everything! But to give specifics that come from my heart to my mind just now: His gentleness, patience,longsuffering, faithfulness, kindness, goodness, compassion, forgiveness, holiness, perfection, grace, wisdom, comfort, generosity, sense of humor, creativity and the special place He has in His heart for children. :emot-heartbeat:

"O, give thanks unto the Lord for He is good. For His mercy endureth forever."  Definitely, His mercy is beautiful. :)

• Praise God! 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

Not sure this is the right place but I was reading Psalm 27 tonight and David discusses beholding the beauty of the Lord...

I wondered what you think is beautiful about the Lord.  Thanks!

Hi, it’s a great place to post the thought and question. My heart rejoices at them;

I see God’s Beauty or His Glorious-ness or His Greatness. Whatever word means more and of a higher state. As that “being that is free from all disorder”. For to consider;

God’s love has no disorder in it.

God’s mercy has no disorder in it.

God’s goodness, kindness, righteousness, al of God’s attributes are all free of all disorder. 

That would make as scripture says;

God is a “God of order”

Than that would make God that “Being that is free from all disorder”. 

To contemplate a Being that is so absolutely free from all disorder, always has been, always will be.

This Being that is such, would dwell in a brightness and light that would be unapproachable by man. His ways would be so far above our ways that they would be inconceivable to us. 

Than to see and know that this Being’s heart is towards us, and it is at this Being’s feet we will be for all eternity, brings the heart, mind, lips to a stunned silence and worship and awe, at the, “Beauty of our God.”

(my thoughts, musings, ponderings)

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Praise God! 3

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.92
  • Days Won:  64

51 minutes ago, Not me said:

Hi, it’s a great place to post the thought and question. My heart rejoices at them;

I see God’s Beauty or His Glorious-ness or His Greatness. Whatever word means more and of a higher state. As that “being that is free from all disorder”. For to consider;

God’s love has no disorder in it.

God’s mercy has no disorder in it.

God’s goodness, kindness, righteousness, al of God’s attributes are all free of all disorder. 

That would make as scripture says;

God is a “God of order”

Than that would make God that “Being that is free from all disorder”. 

To contemplate a Being that is so absolutely free from all disorder, always has been, always will be.

This Being that is such, would dwell in a light unapproachable by man. His ways would be so far above our ways that they would be inconceivable to us. 

Than to see and know that this Being’s heart is towards us, and it is at this Being’s feet we will be for all eternity, brings the heart, mind, lips to a stunned silence and worship, at the, “Beauty of our God.”

(my thoughts, musings, ponderings)

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

It is interesting that you mention God's order.  I had made a list myself previous to my posting here but this was NOT on it.  In the early morning I was up 4 am or so

and I was thinking of God and how he is a God of order.  Much love in Christ to all too!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.92
  • Days Won:  64

Thank you all for commenting on this if you think of anything else please do add as it is most interesting to know more about our Lord.  Turtletwo mentioned God's gentleness that is a good one too and they all are :) marvelous!   A friend of mine said judgements.  God also is a God of wrath I guess that's what my friend meant by judgements.. but as God is righteous and perfect judge we can trust he makes the right decision.  

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1