• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Technology, Entertainment, Design.

Center stage for humanism. No doubt. I am referring to the videos (usually under 20 minutes each) for quasi-informational pep talks to make one feel good about their humanism / atheism.

I noticed in a recent (actually 2014 but I saw it recently) TED talk where a "distinguished scholar" posed the question "Why are we here?"

He belittled Judeo-Christian philosophy for how everything got here in the first place... cited the typical conundrum atheists have about where it all came from, copped out on them having no answers,

then spent the rest of the talk either distancing the audience from this glaring problem or with making them feel good about turning tail and running from this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03

Atheists typically drone on and on about what they think they know and it's all one great big subterfuge to try to intellectually escape the fact that they cannot answer the simple questions "where did it all come from?" and "why are we here?"

I am beginning to see that educated atheism is stupider than uneducated atheism. That those who lord their scholarly sway over everyone and everything are bigger fools than the ignorant folks who simply refuse to believe in God.

I forget which famous atheist said it, but he said "We don't want to believe in God because it would interfere with our sexual practices."

At least he was honest.

Deliberately ignorant of the long term consequences of his choices, but honest.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Center stage for humanism. No doubt. I am referring to the videos (usually under 20 minutes each) for quasi-informational pep talks to make one feel good about their humanism / atheism.

I noticed in a recent (actually 2014 but I saw it recently) TED talk where a "distinguished scholar" posed the question "Why are we here?"

He belittled Judeo-Christian philosophy for how everything got here in the first place... cited the typical conundrum atheists have about where it all came from, copped out on them having no answers,

then spent the rest of the talk either distancing the audience from this glaring problem or with making them feel good about turning tail and running from this.

I think Ted Talks are wonderful. I see them as the items being offered on Amazon.com. That is, Some stuff is great and just what I needed, some stuff is stupid, and then there is everything in between. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

59 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I'm not sure what your point it..  Ted Talks have a verity of topics. So that is one persons take on things.  Oh well I say. He's unbelieve dose not change what I believe. Anyway like I said.  There are Ted Talks on many many subjects.   "why are we here" just happens to be one of them. Don't like it. Move on to another one.  Works for me.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Oh well, when the darkness gets darker, We are to become brighter. We have a very powerful atheist group in Fort Worth Texas right now hanging "We trust in NO God" signs legally through the city of Fort Worth, trying to bring the freedom of speach debate in to their atheist stacked courts. I asked God, "is there anything I can do about this? I can see exsctly what they are doing. Everyone is getting so upset and playing into their hands, Lord". Wisdom spoke to me and I am making signs to legally hang in Fort Worth next to there's that say "God Bless Your Godless Hearts". The offence is Satan's Bait. So it's better for Christian to laugh when they walk by that none since  instead of being offended. GOD IS GOOD. Dare not to be offended by evil. It is how Satan drags you in to the pig pen of wrestling over words, where he is the master, or worse into his worldly courts. But over come evil by doing what is good.

Edited by Reinitin

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

" It is how Satan drags you in to the pig pen of wrestling over words, where he is the master, "

No I am right, No I am right, No you are wrong, No you are, I am right, You are, No I am not, You are right, No, Yes, No, Yes, No, No, Yes Yes ...

I say "ok", it's not that important anyways.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

No thanks.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

First thought that came to my mind when I saw this was.....Ted Kennedy finally admits he killed that poor gal by letting her drown and then lied about it. 

Oh well....I’m not even sure that Ted is still alive. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Ted is  currently being cleaned up in purgatory,paying personally for the sins not covered by the Blood.....NOT!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

A quick Google check says that there are over 2,500 TED Talk Videos and some 100,000 Tedx videos.  I personally LOVE them and as a community college professor, I have my students watch them in areas that I teach: literature and linguistics.  But yes, I am sure that out of all those thousands of videos, some probably espouse atheistic and other worldly philosophy.  A spiritually stable and mature individual will be able to ascertain fairly quickly whether the views being supported in any format fall into the category of "wholesome words" (2 Timothy 1:13).

The Apostle Paul urges us to be “stabilized in the faith," (Colossians 2: 6,7).  As we grow in knowledge, we are given further reasons to see that our faith in  God is well-founded and, in fact, is legally established. The result is an increase in our stability. It becomes increasingly difficult for Satan’s world to sway us. This reminds us of Paul’s admonition to “press on to maturity.” (Hebrews 6:1) Maturity and stability go hand in hand.

Indeed, TED Talks come from a human centered place and we are always exposed to worldly thinking and philosophy (this word is used just once in the Bible:  Colossians 2:8.  Paul pointed to “philosophy” and he was not just talking about the Greek philosophers, such as Plato and Socrates.  Although these posed a threat to true Christians, in those days, the word “philosophy” had a broad usage. It commonly referred to many groups and schools of thought—even religious ones. For instance, such first-century Jews as Josephus and Philo called their own religion a philosophy—perhaps to add to its appeal.

Some philosophies that may have concerned Paul were of a religious nature. Later in the same chapter of his letter to the Colossians, he addressed those who taught, “Do not handle, nor taste, nor touch,” thereby alluding to features of the Mosaic Law that were terminated by Christ’s death. (Romans 10:4) Along with pagan philosophies, influences were at work that threatened the spirituality of the congregation. (Colossians 2:20-22) Paul warned against philosophy that was part of “the elementary things of the world.” Such false instruction was of human origin.

The promoting of human ideas and thinking not based solidly on God’s Word can pose a threat to Christian stability. We today must be wary of such threats. The apostle John urged: “Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God.” (1 John 4:1) So if a schoolmate tries to convince you that living by Bible standards is old-fashioned, or if a neighbor tends to influence you to adopt a materialistic attitude, or if a coworker subtly pressures you to violate your Bible-trained conscience, or even if a fellow believer voices critical, negative comments about others in the congregation based on his own opinion, do not just absorb what they say. Screen out what does not harmonize with God’s Word. As we do so, we will maintain our stability as we walk in union with Christ...and this is how I handle TED Talks!