For George - Living in Israel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Would be interesting to hear about life in Israel!

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Thanks George, very interesting.   Maybe you can tell more now and then when you have time?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

:24:  got a minute buddy :blink: 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

12 hours ago, Debp said:

Maybe you can tell more now and then when you have time?

Every day is an adventure.  Today, one of my congregants who suffered a stroke 2 months ago came to the house for dinner.  So here we were -- 4 kids, myself and this man.  I made Chicken Stir Fry, Rice, and salad along with challah.  So the kids and I are discussing LGBT issues ... if you can believe that!   It was a long lengthy conversation ... and more than interesting to say the least!

My favorite part of the night was his retelling of how he broke out of the hospital!  

So he was in the hospital for a few days and wanted to leave ... but they wouldn't let him.  So he snuck into the bathroom, placed his real clothes under his hospital clothes and snuck into bed.  When the nurses came in and left ... he snuck out of his bed.  Watched the desk .. and when the guy wasn't looking ... he made his daring escape.  Knowing that he probably couldn't leave the front door ... he proceeded to the roof.  And found a ladder that extended down to the garden below.  He climbed down the ladder ... out the garden ... to the bus stop ... with no cash in hand ... a man just gave him 50 shekels to get home!  And he was doing this all with tubes going out his nose ... things around his wrist!  LOL!  He was like nearly 80 year old James Bond ... I couldn't stop laughing ... 

Of course, I'm writing this on a Shabbat evening ... but I couldn't sleep ... so I thought I take one last look on the forums before I took off for the weekend.   :)

Have a blessed weekend ... and let every day be an adventure!  :)

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  33

20 hours ago, George said:

Every day is an adventure.  Today, one of my congregants who suffered a stroke 2 months ago came to the house for dinner.  So here we were -- 4 kids, myself and this man.  I made Chicken Stir Fry, Rice, and salad along with challah.  So the kids and I are discussing LGBT issues ... if you can believe that!   It was a long lengthy conversation ... and more than interesting to say the least!

My favorite part of the night was his retelling of how he broke out of the hospital!  

So he was in the hospital for a few days and wanted to leave ... but they wouldn't let him.  So he snuck into the bathroom, placed his real clothes under his hospital clothes and snuck into bed.  When the nurses came in and left ... he snuck out of his bed.  Watched the desk .. and when the guy wasn't looking ... he made his daring escape.  Knowing that he probably couldn't leave the front door ... he proceeded to the roof.  And found a ladder that extended down to the garden below.  He climbed down the ladder ... out the garden ... to the bus stop ... with no cash in hand ... a man just gave him 50 shekels to get home!  And he was doing this all with tubes going out his nose ... things around his wrist!  LOL!  He was like nearly 80 year old James Bond ... I couldn't stop laughing ... 

Of course, I'm writing this on a Shabbat evening ... but I couldn't sleep ... so I thought I take one last look on the forums before I took off for the weekend.   :)

That sounds like something my husband Graham would do! :D

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Hi George  sounds like fun times in Israel. I am amazed that you live there. You get to see where Jesus preach the goodnews of the kingdom of God. I wonder how the Jewish Israelis feel about Christians living in Israel. Especially the orthodox . I like Jewish people. I grew up in the bronx section that had a large Jewish population. Many school mates were Jewish. The kids I knew never ate pork. They seem to only tolerate non Jewish customs. I myself was shock at the age of 14 when a Jewish friend ate a pork hotdog in front of me. His name was Jerry. I said Jerry what are you doing . I said there pork in that hotdog. He told me he did not care. And smiled as he said it. My experience of Jews back then was a people who followed there religion very seriously.  Anyway I think Jewish folks in Isarel are not fond of Jesus or the gospel. I hope some are of course.  

Blessings Wayne

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/12/2019 at 3:32 PM, George said:

Your friend sounds like an interesting fellow. In the States if anyone leaves without a physicians consent your insurance just might not pay the bill. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 7/20/2019 at 2:07 AM, Wayne222 said:

Anyway I think Jewish folks in Isarel are not fond of Jesus or the gospel. I hope some are of course.  

Not yet ... but things are a changing.  :)   We just keep breaking up the ground ... show love ... and continue to be a light to all those around us.  :)  What else can we do?  :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1