• Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,519
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

40 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

…and I really liked this quote from Spurgeon:  

3. “Our songs should exceed our sighs.”“We have plenty of troubles and trials, and if we like to fret over them, we can always do that; but, then, we have far more joys than troubles, so our songs should exceed our sighs. We have a good God, who has promised that, as our days, so shall our strength be” (MTP 54:309).

Amen!

Amen, and amen indeed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

I think if Jesus were to see us lying around in bed all day, depressed and hopeless, He would say to us, “Get up!”

:21:Ha, ha! Never thought about it like that, but I think you're absolutely right. Next time I get gloomy, I'm going to envision Him doing that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Pardon me, I have trouble relating to laments about continuous anxiety. You have had anxiety since before 2011? 8+ years being worried? Again I don't comprehend, just seems that after a while one would think hey nothing is happening that I haven't been able to take, and develop that feeling expressed  in the secular movie Rocky  3 ""You ain't so bad, you ain't so bad, you ain't nothin'. C'mon, champ, hit me in the face! My mother hits harder than that!" 

Sorry that you suffer. I just don't see how anything can cause  years of anxieties.  I know Pastor Charles Spurgeon struggled with it. Why is it that one doesn't eventually just up and decide enough of this I'm  getting on with life's adventures no matter what they are, and then put in the sweat and toil to give it their all 24/7 leaving no time for worry? Yet the exceptional busy Spurgeon suffered much for it.

https://www.spurgeon.org/resource-library/blog-entries/19-spurgeon-quotes-for-coping-with-stress-and-anxiety

and 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq1lm5SmRx0

May God bless you with relief.

there by the Grace of God you have been spared. it didnt help having a lot of key basics missing in my formative years.

17 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Hv a walk in the public garden or the beach or wherever just walk in God when u hv something that hurts.

this is what i do a lot of in fact last summer my mother had to come out into the garden to even see me as i found it hard to be in the house, from morning til night

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11-12

The core of anxiety is “fear” over unknown or specific things which the Bible tells us shows a lack of faith in God. I’m a Christian who has at times had anxiety and from what I read the best thing to do aside from reading the Bible is to do some form of exercise to get my serotonin up like walking, exercising, riding a bike etc… I know that God is in control of everything, despite the dismaying and troublesome things going on in the World.  However, I take comfort that whatever the worst of it is. God will take us with Him before we have to live through the worst of the “end” times whenever that is.

• Loved it! 1

13 hours ago, lovethelord said:

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11-12

The core of anxiety is “fear” over unknown or specific things which the Bible tells us shows a lack of faith in God. I’m a Christian who has at times had anxiety and from what I read the best thing to do aside from reading the Bible is to do some form of exercise to get my serotonin up like walking, exercising, riding a bike etc… I know that God is in control of everything, despite the dismaying and troublesome things going on in the World.  However, I take comfort that whatever the worst of it is. God will take us with Him before we have to live through the worst of the “end” times whenever that is.

thankyou lovethelord you sound realistic and helpful. i do both the bible and walking. i just have to keep pressing on ...i do struggle when folk just say think yourself out of it. lol its the thinking that gets me in that place to begin with! its a lonely path and one that a lot of people dont understand and they are the fortunate ones.

somehow i need to rest in the Lord when the storms keep coming. so maybe i have a lack of faith then? or is it the enemy,? seeing as i am pressing into the bible. or is it a chemical imbalance? or all three?

On 7/4/2019 at 11:50 PM, naominash said:

Hey you're not alone.

I struggle with anxiety too. Except Im mainly worried about how my own life is turning out. I don't get into the news hardly at all.

If it helps, take a break from the news and focus on taking good care of yourself. 

I try to drink plenty of water and go on walks so I can stay healthy. It helps my state of mind too when I do those things.

For me worry is like a cloud in my mind that I either fly directly into or try to refocus on something else.

Today is independence day for the US, so I'm focusing on things to enjoy in the moment like fireworks or the parade.

Think of happy wholesome things. Do it like you're waging war on the negativity and be intentional. There's just as many positive things to focus on as negative.

yes i do all these things and keep pressing in.

On 7/5/2019 at 1:45 AM, Dennis1209 said:

I think most of us experience that also; some much more than others and to different degrees. I was just thinking about this very verse today and couldn't remember most of it, but remembered its meaning so I looked it up again. It's a comfort to me.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV) There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

thanks for the script Dennis

On 7/5/2019 at 8:41 AM, Who me said:

May I suggest that you seek help regarding your long standing problems and that you seek to be proactive in avoiding the news on line etc as well as being physically active working to help others.

Take a hard look at your anxieties, are they real? By that in your experience do they happen or are they regular happenings.

If what makes you anxious does not happen can you not trust God to see that what didn't happen over the last ten years won't happen tomorrow?

i am doing both. i am very phsycially active to the point i have lost a stone in weight. i am in a daily battle with anxiety it doesnt help being in a world that is at odds with moral values each and everyday ....

• Topic Count:  769
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.08
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/6/2019 at 1:00 AM, existential mabel said:

this is what i do a lot of in fact last summer my mother had to come out into the garden to even see me as i found it hard to be in the house, from morning til night

I took a bus to an unknown  city one hundred miles away from home to avoid stress. I knew nobody there, just walking around.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 7/4/2019 at 1:23 PM, existential mabel said:

i would like to do my own blogg i think rather than take to the boards and i have no idea how to lol. so this is the next best.

each day my senses are assaulted by all kinds of negative and disturbing and crazy worldly events and local events. and i am really finding it tough going.

tried to talk to someone today but who wants to listen to my anxiety etc. and anyway i am a Christian and i should just turn to the Lord. i feel like everything is against me, now i have not felt like that before. so i have spent the day trying to park it all and keep calm.

even simple things are getting twisted and i am made out to be the bad guy. there is just so much

Yes passing through this world can be a challenge and difficult we need to consider it a good challenge for we embrace the belief that the Lord is on our side.

The Apostle Paul gave us perspective.....by calling what we consider our great trials temporal items 2 Cor 4:18 and the encouragement is that we look to the bigger picture of eternity. But I think as well that we need to address, or if I might say attack our worries proactively. I like to find scriptures that God has promised to give us help and when worry knocks on the door WHICH IT WILL we cast down those thoughts 2 Cor 10:5 which try to lock us into their meditation and on purpose we declare and thank God for the opposite of the worry. It's a fight that we all have to engage in. No one is immune for the devil makes sure he always has some arrows to shoot Eph 6:18 at any believer but we also have God's Spirit and his angels who'll assist us in victory. It's said even of Christ while in trial that the angels came and strengthened him. They will for us too. Matt 4:10,

• Praise God! 1

16 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

I took a bus to an unknown  city one hundred miles away from home to avoid stress. I knew nobody there, just walking around.

gosh yes that is what anxiety can drive you to doing stuff out of charachter..

3 hours ago, Rockson said:

Yes passing through this world can be a challenge and difficult we need to consider it a good challenge for we embrace the belief that the Lord is on our side.

The Apostle Paul gave us perspective.....by calling what we consider our great trials temporal items 2 Cor 4:18 and the encouragement is that we look to the bigger picture of eternity. But I think as well that we need to address, or if I might say attack our worries proactively. I like to find scriptures that God has promised to give us help and when worry knocks on the door WHICH IT WILL we cast down those thoughts 2 Cor 10:5 which try to lock us into their meditation and on purpose we declare and thank God for the opposite of the worry. It's a fight that we all have to engage in. No one is immune for the devil makes sure he always has some arrows to shoot Eph 6:18 at any believer but we also have God's Spirit and his angels who'll assist us in victory. It's said even of Christ while in trial that the angels came and strengthened him. They will for us too. Matt 4:10,

yes having the space between 'episodes' to look at scripture i am working on being able to do this whilst in an 'episode'

Edited by existential mabel