Guest PinkBelt

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I'm going to be 25 this year, so i've got a ways to go yet. I've felt the sting of time myself, though.

I have a baby face, so most people assume that i'm somewhere between 16 to 18, and this tends to allow people younger than me to open up to me more. I remember working with this kid and we got along real well, and then he said something weird. I looked at him all confused while he laughed and he said, "you know, the Spongebob reference?" I told him that I had only ever seen little bits and pieces of Spongebob and he asked me how old I was. When I told him that I was 23 at the time, he was taken aback and said, "What?! I thought that you were younger than me!"

i've had people ask me if I know their son or daughter, who is in highschool. I've had girls who are clearly too young shooting eyes at me and twirling their hair and it's really awkward. It cuts even deeper when you experience people, especially younger people, call you "kid".

I might appreciate my baby face someday, when i'm supposed to be wrinkly and gray, but I rather don't at the moment. Too old in mind for the young folks who want to talk to me and too young looking for the old folks. Sad, man.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

gandalfgandalf-you-shall-not-passfunnylord-of-the-rings-made-w-in-amazing-lord-of-the-rings-coloring-pages.jpg.d7c449e193bf2e8326d962852ae71a67.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

I Love :heart:! reading all of these posts about feeling old and I can relate to many of you.  God's kept me out of danger of broken bones, although I've have some injuries and things that need surgery, etc., but who hasn't in 47 years? 

My grand mother would always say that she feels much younger on the inside. She lived in her own home until she passed away at 94 years  old  young, and tried not to let this world keep her from enjoying life.

I started feeling a bit old when my kids started dating at the age I met my husband. Of course, my kids constantly remind me that I'm old, but I just smile and laugh along. 

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  33

Hi @mlbrokish

Well you certainly don't look old in your photo. I can really see the Lord's love shining through you.

God bless you.

Becky.

• Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  33

26 minutes ago, dr3032 said:

I'm going to be 25 this year, so i've got a ways to go yet. I've felt the sting of time myself, though.

I have a baby face, so most people assume that i'm somewhere between 16 to 18, and this tends to allow people younger than me to open up to me more. I remember working with this kid and we got along real well, and then he said something weird. I looked at him all confused while he laughed and he said, "you know, the Spongebob reference?" I told him that I had only ever seen little bits and pieces of Spongebob and he asked me how old I was. When I told him that I was 23 at the time, he was taken aback and said, "What?! I thought that you were younger than me!"

i've had people ask me if I know their son or daughter, who is in highschool. I've had girls who are clearly too young shooting eyes at me and twirling their hair and it's really awkward. It cuts even deeper when you experience people, especially younger people, call you "kid".

I might appreciate my baby face someday, when i'm supposed to be wrinkly and gray, but I rather don't at the moment. Too old in mind for the young folks who want to talk to me and too young looking for the old folks. Sad, man.

Well, from someone, (me), who in my twenties thought that life was going to go very slowly and would take me decades to get old. The "oldies" were right. It does go very quickly. I'm now 44. Hehehe. It will come around very fast for you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Are you concerned about your waning years. You can't stop the clock, and to morrow is not promised. When we are older and retired we need to look at our destiny. Its only our decreped old bodies bodies that help us see Sundown is coming. our earthy life is gong to com to its end, or is it just the beginning?

Life here now for us is just an existence.  I feel sorry for those who don't have Christ and  life for them is playing 9 from their back yard golf course. its all vanity. Those of us who have Christ have hope and peace. Paul said for me to die is gain and to live is Christ.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

60 years old, when I got an infield grand slam.   As I stepped on first base I felt the ball get wedged partly under it and keep going.   Myself the Umpire and Third Base coach knew where it was.   Their bench was in confusion.  They were yelling it is over here and over there in the outfield.  Their whole team including the Catcher went outfield in search of it.   Half way between Second and Third both of my knees gave out.   I crawled to Third.   Since everyone was in the outfield I crawled to Home Plate.  A few feet from Home Plate I was able to get up and moon walked over home plate.   And, promptly fell down again.   I asked the Umpire does he want to tell them where the ball is?  He said, no let them twist in the wind a little.   So, He was given a chair and we all sat in the shade watching them search for a ball even thou the game was over.   As the new teams got there a little girl went out on the field pick up the ball and said something like look what I found.  At which point their whole team in the outfield fell down in disbelief.  LOL

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

7 hours ago, Drafido said:

I've had joint pain due to bad posture.  In my 20s.  I corrected it by laying a flat board of wood under my mattress and only sleeping with one small pillow.  But it's taken around 15 years for my condition to heal.  I don't know if this technique might work for other people but it seems to have worked for me.

I retired at age 64 (“when I’m 64” by the Beatles was always a song I would sing) so why not retire at that age?

For the past year, I now wake up every morning with low back stiffness. I have to do about 10 minutes of exercises, like dead bug or other back stretches that promote flexibility.  This didn’t start until I retired and got on Medicare.   I wonder why I didn’t have this problem while having to get up early to go to work? Why now....when I’m much more relaxed? Is there something built into us that goes off when you turn 65?

Anyhow, I sleep with two pillows. What is the advantage of only sleeping with one pillow? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest PinkBelt
3 hours ago, Jayne said:

Old?  Whose old?  I'll be 58 in a few weeks and I don't have a gray hair in my head!  :verkle:

Ah, but don't ask me about my knees!!  :th_frusty: :bored-1::consoling2:

It's the aches and pains - the arthritis in three of my fingers that aren't too bad yet, the joints [mainly the KNEES!], and the fact I can't move sometimes without the body saying, "What are you doing?  You are NOT 18 anymore!"  I get mad when it does that.

But I don't FEEL old inside, in the mind or the heart.  I don't think of myself as old, but I am older than I was last year.

I think old is relative.

My knees both need to be replaced. When I was a teen and in my early 20's I could jump over someone from a nearly standing position, (yay kung-fu training). About six months ago I get my husband (fiance at the time) to stand still so I can show off and..

Boom

I slammed right into his face with my pelvis, we both fell over in a heap and I spent weeks icing my already messed up knees.

I remember thinking "Okay self, you can no longer get nearly the height you did 20 years ago".

That's what I get for trying to be a show off!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,096
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I should add that though I am 72 and a bit over weight, I do still go to the YMCA 5 days a week and lift weights for a half hour or so...   Last year I was swimming a mile and walking in a lazy river for a half mile...    too time consuming so I switched to weights.    put on some extra muscle and gained about ten pounds....   oh well.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1