• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

2 minutes ago, other one said:

Well, I should add that though I am 72 and a bit over weight, I do still go to the YMCA 5 days a week and lift weights for a half hour or so...   Last year I was swimming a mile and walking in a lazy river for a half mile...    too time consuming so I switched to weights.    put on some extra muscle and gained about ten pounds....   oh well.

Always better to have extra weight from muscle, than fat.  Way to go!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I knew I was getting old when I started losing the hair on my head and started growing it in places that I never had it before! Lol!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

When I spent so much time worrying about how I was going to explain a negative press story about me  to my young daughter. She had been listening to conversations I was having with an awful reporter and googling my name. When the story  came out,  she texted me the link to the story with the words “wow.”

I told her to come in my bedroom so we could talk about it. She was only 12 last year and way too young for the subject matter being reported. She walked in the bedroom with her hand over her mouth. I told her I didn’t know where to start and she interrupted me saying that she couldn’t believe I was 43 yrs. old. “There’s no way you’re 43. Oh my gosh Mom, you cannot be that old.I can’t believe you’re that old.” She didn't  care about anything else in the article.

I can’t believe the obsession with age that people have. 

So yeah, that’s when I knew I was old.

Edited by ReneeIW
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

PinkBelt LOL! Thanks for posting. So true! :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

I hadn't even thought about it so I just had mine while reading this thread. :44:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

I feel older in the last three years. My face looks a lot older then two years ago. I dont care anyhow. Its alright. Jesus will change our bodies to be like his at his coming. But getting old now is not easy. The young nowadays lack respect for elderly then my generation. I think old people are great and more interesting then young people.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/5/2019 at 5:24 PM, other one said:

Well, I should add that though I am 72 and a bit over weight, I do still go to the YMCA 5 days a week and lift weights for a half hour or so...   Last year I was swimming a mile and walking in a lazy river for a half mile...    too time consuming so I switched to weights.    put on some extra muscle and gained about ten pounds....   oh well.

Muscle is more needed when we are older. I would add some fast walking to weights too. I lift dumbbells and power walk. I am 66 in November. I still workout a lot. Feel better after a workout. Good going brother.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

When you get pulled over for something and the Policeman looks like a child.....I soon deduced that it was NOT the Police Force That had changed.......

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

When you get pulled over for something and the Policeman looks like a child.....I soon deduced that it was NOT the Police Force That had changed.......

Just don't slip up and call the officer "Sonny", nor Barney Like I did when I was really young and stupid.

I almost got old a year ago, still hadn't adjusted to the idea of being a retiree, felt unemployed. Now I am working toward a seventh life's career a new beginning.

Yes my knees are shot, have been since I was 13. My shoulders are shot too, and the back  well the xrays look like Alley Oops war club.

But, shoot me up with  prednisone steroids  from top to bottom, through the shoulders, down the back with that scary  long long extension needle, and in the knees, plus have me swallow a few spoonfuls of MSM  granules for horses from the feed store and,- well just treat me like a thoroughbred being juiced up for one more race, and I am good to go.

Not old just well used. I like that term, well used. 

Best medicine for extending youth? Easy, -meeting a couple age 80 and 81 that are planning their 25th trip to the Ukraine to bring cargo containers full of supplies to  the needy there, sharing of our Lord Jesus as they do so. Their 25th trip as a couple married to each other 62 years. Wow! what  grand dose of youth that has been  for me.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

At a certain age the thought is, "This is good, let's not get any older". It never works that way. Most are surprised when telling them my age, and that's good for now at least. Old age was officially pronounced last August. Never mind the decrepit* state of my physical being. That started decades ago, according to all the x-rays, MRIs and CAT scans. Everyone has their story, so skip what's on my agenda. Interesting to read everyone else's though. At some point in time, the main concern is please don't fall down. You tend to get really messed up that way. How well I know that now. 

decrepit

[dəˈkrepət]

ADJECTIVE
  1. (of a person) elderly and infirm.
    synonyms:
    feeble · enfeebled · infirm · weak · weakened · weakly · frail · debilitated · incapacitated · wasted · doddering · tottering · out of shape · in bad shape · old · elderly ·
    aged · ancient · in one's dotage · long in the tooth · senile · superannuated · senescent · past it · over the hill · no spring chicken
    antonyms:
    strong · fit
Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 1