Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

This is a subject I’ve heard very little discussion about. My whole Christian life I had always ‘assumed’ each and every born again believer in Christ would be attending the wedding of the Lamb (the bride of Christ) and partake of the celebration and wedding feast. Now I question my view and I may be totally wrong. Below are some questions I was thinking and asking myself as I was reading and studying. I have questions on Jesus’ parable of the ‘ten virgins’ in Matthew 25:, and what the “outer darkness” is in Matthew 8:12, and are both of these closely associated with each other? Based on Mt. 25:13, this parable appears to apply to the Harpazo and Kingdom of Heaven? Half are allowed in, half are told to depart.

Question: Do you believe the “bride of Christ” and the “body of Christ” are synonymise, and used interchangeably, meaning the exact same thing? Or is there a difference between the two?

Read the parable of the ‘ten virgins’ in Matthew 25: to refresh your memory.

Question: Does this parable have something to do with the Rapture and Kingdom of Heaven?

Question: Do these ‘virgins’ represent purity, possibly Christians?

Question: Do you believe in this parable Jesus is using Himself as the example of the Bridegroom?

Question: A bridegroom wouldn’t invite strangers to his wedding, do you think all ten virgins were friends of the bridegroom?

Question: Do you think each and every born again believer is going to be Raptured at the same time; and attend the wedding of the Lamb and feast celebration? That’s my question?

While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. So did Jesus’ inner circle; Peter, John and James at Jesus’ transfiguration.

Apparently, all ten of these virgins were not wedding crasher’s, they were invited to the Jewish wedding and accepted the invitation. It appears all the virgins knew the bridegroom and he knew them and invited them to the wedding. The bridegroom did not say to the foolish five virgins, “I never knew you”; but said “I know you not”. Matthew 7:23 (KJV) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Because they did not think ahead, made a poor decision, were unprepared, temporarily away and not vigilantly watching; the door to the marriage was closed to them. They were an outcast to the marriage of the bridegroom, the celebration and the marriage feast. After the door was closed to the five foolish virgins, were the bridegroom and foolish virgins still friends?

According to Matthew 25:1 and following, it’s implied the five foolish virgins will not be allowed into the Kingdom of heaven. It doesn’t say unto eternal damnation or outer darkness; but they were foolish and forbidden to attend the marriage and celebration; and told they were not known. They were not prepared or ready when the call came. Could this be a reference to the Harpazo?

Matthew 8:12 (KJV) But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Darkness (skotos): Shadiness; literally or figuratively darkness. (this is not Hades or Hell). I understand ‘weeping and gnashing of teeth’ in Matthew 8:12; to imply great sorrow and disappointment of those “children of the kingdom” left behind?

My question is: Is this parable about the Rapture and the Kingdom? Am I reading into this that not all Christian’s will be caught up when Jesus returns in the clouds for His bride. What am I missing here? Am I interpreting this correctly? And if I’m interpreting it correctly; not watching and being ready seems to be the difference between attending the wedding or not?

I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking. Might be the wrong place to ask, but maybe someone can shed some insight on something I’m missing?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

The moral of the story is the Holy Spirit annointment.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

The truth is not something that is very easy to go down. The bible is plain...but usually read very selectively in order to make a person get through their day. But the warnings of the bible are eternally sound and necessary in order to preserve what we have received from the Lord.

The parable of the virgins shows us the difference between being wise and foolish with what God has given to us.

What is the lamp that all 10 virgins receive? It is the free gift of the holy Spirit...which is Christ in us.  Think of this as a new container or vessel given to us for a purpose which we cannot yet fathom...until we go to God for a personal encounter with Him. So we are to seek His face.

But this new heart that we have received is meant to be filled with His life...His Spirit, His anointing oil. So we need to go to God for that and BUY (hated word) that oil. What does it cost? EVERYTHING we have and are. Paul said he counted all things LOSS that he might WIN Christ. But very few understand what that means.

Most people want just the free stuff and will claim a salvation status based on the receiving of the lamp. A one step race towards...well just claiming to be saved for having an empty lamp. But we need for the lamp to be FILLED and empowered and lit so as to give off a light to this world in darkness.

So then we begin with Christ in us...the lamp...but then we must further enter INTO Christ so we become partakers of HIS holiness (oil) so that we might BE a light in this world.

The wise will take this seriously. The foolish will scoff at the very idea of a personal encounter with God in order to receive a filling from the Spirit which is necessary to ACTIVATE that free gift we have received.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

This is a subject I’ve heard very little discussion about. My whole Christian life I had always ‘assumed’ each and every born again believer in Christ would be attending the wedding of the Lamb (the bride of Christ) and partake of the celebration and wedding feast. Now I question my view and I may be totally wrong. Below are some questions I was thinking and asking myself as I was reading and studying. I have questions on Jesus’ parable of the ‘ten virgins’ in Matthew 25:, and what the “outer darkness” is in Matthew 8:12, and are both of these closely associated with each other? Based on Mt. 25:13, this parable appears to apply to the Harpazo and Kingdom of Heaven? Half are allowed in, half are told to depart.

Question: Do you believe the “bride of Christ” and the “body of Christ” are synonymise, and used interchangeably, meaning the exact same thing? Or is there a difference between the two?

Question: Does this parable have something to do with the Rapture and Kingdom of Heaven?

Question: Do you believe in this parable Jesus is using Himself as the example of the Bridegroom?

Question: A bridegroom wouldn’t invite strangers to his wedding, do you think all ten virgins were friends of the bridegroom?

Question: Do you think each and every born again believer is going to be Raptured at the same time; and attend the wedding of the Lamb and feast celebration? That’s my question?

While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. So did Jesus’ inner circle; Peter, John and James at Jesus’ transfiguration.

Apparently, all ten of these virgins were not wedding crasher’s, they were invited to the Jewish wedding and accepted the invitation. It appears all the virgins knew the bridegroom and he knew them and invited them to the wedding. The bridegroom did not say to the foolish five virgins, “I never knew you”; but said “I know you not”. Matthew 7:23 (KJV) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Because they did not think ahead, made a poor decision, were unprepared, temporarily away and not vigilantly watching; the door to the marriage was closed to them. They were an outcast to the marriage of the bridegroom, the celebration and the marriage feast. After the door was closed to the five foolish virgins, were the bridegroom and foolish virgins still friends?

According to Matthew 25:1 and following, it’s implied the five foolish virgins will not be allowed into the Kingdom of heaven. It doesn’t say unto eternal damnation or outer darkness; but they were foolish and forbidden to attend the marriage and celebration; and told they were not known. They were not prepared or ready when the call came. Could this be a reference to the Harpazo?

Matthew 8:12 (KJV) But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Darkness (skotos): Shadiness; literally or figuratively darkness. (this is not Hades or Hell). I understand ‘weeping and gnashing of teeth’ in Matthew 8:12; to imply great sorrow and disappointment of those “children of the kingdom” left behind?

My question is: Is this parable about the Rapture and the Kingdom? Am I reading into this that not all Christian’s will be caught up when Jesus returns in the clouds for His bride. What am I missing here? Am I interpreting this correctly? And if I’m interpreting it correctly; not watching and being ready seems to be the difference between attending the wedding or not?

I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking. Might be the wrong place to ask, but maybe someone can shed some insight on something I’m missing?

1. The bride of Christ and the body of Christ are the same thing. All true born again believers in Jesus Christ.

2. There is debate among the Church if this parable is about the rapture of the Church or the second coming. 

3. 5 represent the true born again believers in Jesus Christ and 5 are not believers.

4. The bridegroom in this parable is Jesus Christ.

5. I answered this question in answer # 3. Only 5 are true believers. 

6. All born again believers will be raptured at the same time. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hello

I posted this again here for you to consider:

The parable of the ten virgins produces an interesting array of interpretation. This study will present my understanding of this well-known parable. I understand the parable as being directed to Jewish believers to exhort faithful obedience to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in light of his return and the establishment of His earthly kingdom of heaven.

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. Matthew 25:1

First, the context of this parable is regarding the coming of the Lord Jesus. It is an exhortation to be found watchful and obedient.

Secondly, the parable relates to the kingdom of heaven; the citizens are compared to ten virgins.

And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Matthew 25:2

A wise servant is faithful, staunch with what has been entrusted to him, and dutiful. A foolish servant is unprofitable.

They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. Matthew 25:3-4

This is relatively simple on a surface level; the wise were astute enough to make preparations; the foolish were not. Both the wise and the foolish were provided with lamps; the wise virgins were not apathetic, but being fervent, acquired the oil to maximize the profitability of their lamps.

While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. Matthew 25:5-9

The bridegroom did not come immediately; just as the coming of the Lord Jesus. All the ten virgins arose at the cry; all had some oil initially, but the foolish, lacking perseverance, did not arrange for a delayed coming by buying extra oil.

And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Matthew 25:10

The wise servants being ready went in with the bridegroom. The foolish servants were neglectful and did not obey the command to be watchful, and prepared.

The door was shut. This parable does not say that the foolish virgins never entered in however.

Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Matthew 25:11-12

The other virgins are just that, others. They are not the five foolish virgins. The kingdom of heaven is equated to ten virgins; these others are not of the ten and are not included in the kingdom. The Lord knows his own; to these he says he does not. Entrance is denied to these other virgins. Also, Matthew 25:7 refers to all ten as - those virgins; therefore there must be others, the others are in verse 11.

The Lord Jesus Christ is describing the kingdom of heaven. The promised Davidic kingdom on earth promised to the Israel of God, the little flock. Revelation 5:10 Luke 12:32

It is only the righteous Jew that will enter the kingdom of heaven. It is only the profitable Jew who will enter. The unprofitable Jew will not enter the kingdom, but will be cast into outer darkness: outer darkness is not hell.

The outer darkness is often mistaken for hell. Outer darkness is described as weeping; in the verse below hell is described as wailing.

Matthew 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, douge said:

Hello

I posted this again here for you to consider:

The parable of the ten virgins produces an interesting array of interpretation. This study will present my understanding of this well-known parable. I understand the parable as being directed to Jewish believers to exhort faithful obedience to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in light of his return and the establishment of His earthly kingdom of heaven.

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. Matthew 25:1

First, the context of this parable is regarding the coming of the Lord Jesus. It is an exhortation to be found watchful and obedient.

Secondly, the parable relates to the kingdom of heaven; the citizens are compared to ten virgins.

And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Matthew 25:2

A wise servant is faithful, staunch with what has been entrusted to him, and dutiful. A foolish servant is unprofitable.

They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. Matthew 25:3-4

This is relatively simple on a surface level; the wise were astute enough to make preparations; the foolish were not. Both the wise and the foolish were provided with lamps; the wise virgins were not apathetic, but being fervent, acquired the oil to maximize the profitability of their lamps.

While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. Matthew 25:5-9

The bridegroom did not come immediately; just as the coming of the Lord Jesus. All the ten virgins arose at the cry; all had some oil initially, but the foolish, lacking perseverance, did not arrange for a delayed coming by buying extra oil.

And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Matthew 25:10

The wise servants being ready went in with the bridegroom. The foolish servants were neglectful and did not obey the command to be watchful, and prepared.

The door was shut. This parable does not say that the foolish virgins never entered in however.

Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Matthew 25:11-12

The other virgins are just that, others. They are not the five foolish virgins. The kingdom of heaven is equated to ten virgins; these others are not of the ten and are not included in the kingdom. The Lord knows his own; to these he says he does not. Entrance is denied to these other virgins. Also, Matthew 25:7 refers to all ten as - those virgins; therefore there must be others, the others are in verse 11.

The Lord Jesus Christ is describing the kingdom of heaven. The promised Davidic kingdom on earth promised to the Israel of God, the little flock. Revelation 5:10 Luke 12:32

It is only the righteous Jew that will enter the kingdom of heaven. It is only the profitable Jew who will enter. The unprofitable Jew will not enter the kingdom, but will be cast into outer darkness: outer darkness is not hell.

The outer darkness is often mistaken for hell. Outer darkness is described as weeping; in the verse below hell is described as wailing.

Matthew 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Excellent explanation, that helped, thanks. There's a lot of important things in that parable I felt I needed to understand much better and was having some difficulty with the symbolism and meaning. I forgot to use my "rightly dividing the word" thinking [who, what, when, where, why - Jesus was speaking to Jew's].

In my post I also associated being "cast into outer darkness" with this parable; as I thought they might be related. As I mentioned, I checked the word darkness (skotos); and it means exactly that, shadiness or darkness literal or figuratively. That's right, it's not Hades or Hell, so what and / or where is this outer darkness? 

Trying to rightly divide the word my thoughts and understanding seems to have shifted on Matthew 8:12. Now I'm thinking the children of the kingdom are not Christians or the church, but God's chosen people, the Jews. And looking at from that perspective... Could the "outer darkness" mean outside of where Christ's thrown will be in Jerusalem during the millennium?

Matthew 8:12 (KJV) But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

There's a wealth of hermeneutic views of scripture here on this forum. If scripture was so cut and dry there wouldn't be any need to study and show ourselves approved. It's a blessing to study and discuss scripture in formal Bible study, and anywhere with like minded Christians and on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

11 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Excellent explanation, that helped, thanks. There's a lot of important things in that parable I felt I needed to understand much better and was having some difficulty with the symbolism and meaning. I forgot to use my "rightly dividing the word" thinking [who, what, when, where, why - Jesus was speaking to Jew's].

In my post I also associated being "cast into outer darkness" with this parable; as I thought they might be related. As I mentioned, I checked the word darkness (skotos); and it means exactly that, shadiness or darkness literal or figuratively. That's right, it's not Hades or Hell, so what and / or where is this outer darkness? 

Trying to rightly divide the word my thoughts and understanding seems to have shifted on Matthew 8:12. Now I'm thinking the children of the kingdom are not Christians or the church, but God's chosen people, the Jews. And looking at from that perspective... Could the "outer darkness" mean outside of where Christ's thrown will be in Jerusalem during the millennium?

Matthew 8:12 (KJV) But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

There's a wealth of hermeneutic views of scripture here on this forum. If scripture was so cut and dry there wouldn't be any need to study and show ourselves approved. It's a blessing to study and discuss scripture in formal Bible study, and anywhere with like minded Christians and on this forum.

Hello

It was refreshing to read your comments.....thank you.

You have come to the same conclusion I have in regard to the outer darkness. Scripture does not specify what it is but I think it is fair to assume based on Revelation 21:23 and Revelation 22:5 that the unfruitful will not be able to enter the city (Revelation 22:14).

You are right about Matthew 8:12 and the children of the kingdom being Israel.

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/24/1989

On 7/5/2019 at 10:20 AM, R. Hartono said:

The moral of the story is the Holy Spirit annointment.

Do you think the rocky soil in the parable of the sower is closely related to this five virgin parable as well? I'm talking about the type with no root.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

First off they are virgins (christian). The five wise were sealed in into the day of their 'redemption' the five foolish are saved through the judgement. The Bride does not go to the judgement, as Paul says 'dont you know we will judge men and angels' you can't be a judge and be judged at the same time...

The oil is of course the Holy Spirit, there is a difference between the anointing of the spirit and to be sealed. Scripture also says 'then let those that are righteous be righteous still and those that are filthy be filthy still'. Once the Bride is gone and the Holy Spirit ceases to dwell on earth to convict man - then that is the time the foolish virgins will stay where they are and will rise in the second resurrection for the judgement. This is a good topic but a big one, more than can be done at this time. Scripture is perfect and everything fits.

9 hours ago, tonyt147 said:

Do you think the rocky soil in the parable of the sower is closely related to this five virgin parable as well? I'm talking about the type with no root.

That's another parable that would take a lot of explaining; but easier for me to understand than the ten virgin parable. But my understanding in short is:

The word of God (the Gospel) falls on a variety of people and how they react with it and what they do with it and how long it lasts. Some will follow and walk in the Word until things get hot and dry; some will walk in the Word until things get 'thorny' then they get choked out and quit. Sorry this is so brief, short on time.