• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

How do you believe in your heart?

Brother, ...it's a vertical thing, that is, it has to be done in our lives by God.

On the horizontal we can read the Word, memorize it, understand the history, even quote it, but, understanding of the spiritual principles has to be taught to us, revealed to us, by the Holy Spirit. 

But the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true and no lie, and as He has taught you, abide in Him.  1 John 2:27

Jesus, in talking about being born again to Nicodemus said, "Are you the teacher of Israel and do not know these things?" 

Nicodemus should of know what born again meant because it's found in Eze 37, the story and prophecy of the Dry Bones, those bones that came back to life and are filled with the Spirit are an illustration of us, born again children of God, His Church, ...but he didn't because he was looking, thinking, evaluating the Word of Jesus on the horizontal as his responses prove.

Paul tells us for spiritual understanding in our hearts it must come from/by/through our vertical relationship with our Heavenly Father.

For this cause I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,  of whom the whole family in Heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth and length and depth and height, and to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge, that you might be filled with all the fullness of God.  Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, forever. Amen.  Eph 3:14-21

Like our brother friendof exhorts us to read, read, prayerfully read the Word, ruminate on it, and ask Father to give you hearing ears, to open your heart to receive, to reveal to you the spiritual things/principles in His Word.

The way we know that we know that we know in our hearts, and not our intellect is, ...we own it, nobody can take it from us, ...for instance, ...in our hearts, ...we know that we know that we know Jesus is God, ...no one can persuade us differently, ...that may sound like a trivial thing, but there are multitudes multiplied by multitudes that don't know that, ...in their hearts.

I hope that helps.

Lord bless 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. Joh 17:3

Believing is a choice you make. I remember the night I first believed. I said with tears I love you Lord. He will make himself real to you. How much do you want to know Him. You will know then how to believe in your heart

But without faith it is impossible to please HIm. For he who  comes to God  must believe that God is and a rewarder of those who diligently seek. Heb 11:6

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

Believing includes trusting. We trust God to have us doing what He means by His word. We do not depend on ourselves.

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Somehow the faith in Christ that we acknowledge just goes down deeper into our hearts....at least that is how I am.   Of course, there is spiritual growth...pray, read your Bible, find a good church.    But start with simple faith in Christ as your Savior.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/6/2019 at 11:55 AM, LeeGreenForest said:

I might be having trouble with this.

You have more than head knowledge of Jesus.  Your faith is who you are.  It is so strong, it influences everything.  It is part of you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

When someone understands Heaven and Hell and he needs Jesus Christ because of Heaven...then he believes in his heart...

That's why the faith in Jesus Christ can be hidden in the heart of the believer...who is accepted by Jesus not only with rituals but also without rituals...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  185
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Follow all his instructions because we need God to reach eternity.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Lee, God brings ya to Him through the Holy Spirit. The fact your here askin' tells me that ya have faith in your heart.

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Romans 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

------------

Here Paul is telling us that we are in the righteousness of Jesus Christ because we believe in him..

And if in any doubt to confess our faith in him and remind our self that we are in him because we believe that he is our Savior, as to be saved from any doubts that tells us that we are lost and not worthy to be with him.. and establish our selfs worthy to believe as we are...

Jesus accepts our faith in any situation we are....

....Jesus died for the forgiveness of our sins and raised for our justification. 

Jesus Christ is the one who justifies anyone who believers in him...

• 11 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/6/2019 at 4:55 PM, Lee_ said:

Through the actions you take and the things you say.