Dennis1209

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

First I wouldn't resign myself to my fate based on what a human doctor say. I believe there's one we call the Great Physician more than likely has a different opinion. (the possibility of prayer and healing)

But not to change the topic why does everyone it seems do everything of expense to stay alive? It doesn't always come across that there's no hope. They give you maybe a 50/50 chance? But if you say NO HOPE but by paying much you could get a few more months? A friend told me this story just a few weeks back. One he knows was told NO HOPE he had at best about 6 months but with continual treatments maybe 9. He chose not to and said he rather enjoy life the last number of months rather than being in hospitals doing treatments etc. So he didn't go through it all.

Um....8 years have passed and he's still alive and well. I asked was it a wrong diagnosis than. He told me no but the affliction just never did progress.

I think sometimes though doctors do know what they're talking about...sometimes when they say the game is over they're right....BUT than again sometimes they're not. Depending on what it is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Alright, the topic out there, and this has been bottled up long enough. Here we go. Last year I was diagnosed with Parkinson's. Many of you know this is a terminal neurological disease, that progressively affects your physical capabilities, and leads to tardive dyskinesia*, eventual dementia, and finally death.

There is no clinical way of diagnosing this. It's solely on the assessment of a physician's manner of examination only. There has to be one or more symptoms in order to properly diagnose PD, and apparently something was taken seriously enough into consideration. 

The deal is, I am not willing to accept this! George has current info on my health situation from last year to this date. But I've withheld even this part of it, so not to unburden out with so much TMI. Nurses that have me under their observation, feel there are little signs of it being existent. 

Because of this, I'm not taking any medication in order to combat the progression of it. And there are no plans for the near future at this point. My desires are for prayers. I didn't post this in that portion of the forums, because more seem to have their attention in the general areas. My hopes are for a miracle.

I'm trusting and believing in the Lord for this.   

*tardive dyskinesia or TD, is a physiological condition of uncontrollable movements affecting the face, torso, and/or other body parts. ( head, face, hands, arms and legs, etc.)   

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Praying! 7

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I was basically just wondering if my human thought process, what I have seen and heard; and my internal feelings and reasoning as a Christian was the norm. At my age, and if I'm an example, we or I think of this possibility more frequently the older we get. If the Lord doesn't suddenly call me home and He gives me advanced warning to get my house in order, there's a choice to be made in advance. Of course we should already have our spiritual house in order; I'm referring to wills, medical treatment, finances, last things you want to say, etc.  Do I or will I, go through the secular process, pain and draining cost of a potential short extension of my flesh? 

True, our Lord allowed this medical technology and advancements for His plan and purposes and maybe for our benefit? We see 'humanist' science and medicine working on such bizarre things as downloading our inner selves to preserve us forever; and much more but that's another topic. 

But anyway: God is on the Throne and in control, He is the Great Healer alone. I personally believe at times of His choosing, He works through surgeon's, medicine and others to perform His miracles. 

I think bodily physical death is the most intimate personal thing we can experience in life; spiritual regeneration aside. Even now, my thoughts drift to lost loved ones I will not see in Heaven; that I didn't share my faith with as a backslider; a bad example of a carnal Christian. 

There's great divisions in theology and religion between Christians and atheists alike. But there's two things everyone has in common that can't be debated, dismissed, changed or put off; Death and where our spirit and soul will reside for all of eternity. I'm sure if the Lord gives me advanced notice of my call home, just as right now; all the would haves, should haves, and could haves flood my memory, but will be greatly magnified knowing I'm about to be before the Bema seat of Christ. I can't change my past, it's history. I can change my present and possibly someone else's life or make a difference with the time remaining before however I'm called home; by getting fervently busy bringing praise, honor and glory to my Lord and Savior and sharing the Gospel and my testimony with others. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Just a post script: There is no known cure for Parkinson's Disease, and little progress has been made in the last few decades towards finding one IMHO.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Dennis:

You have raised a thought-provoking matter.  Even though we are assured of a resurrection as Christians, the Bible calls death an enemy. It likens death to a king who has ruled mankind. (Romans 5:17; 1 Corinthians 15:26).  We all want to stay on planet Earth as long as possible in order to continue with our ministry and to remain with loved ones, but eventually our earthly life span will expire.  I think you are addressing the issue of those individuals, whether Christian or not, who go to extreme measures to extend life by a few weeks or a few months, frequently at great financial costs and with tremendous additional physical suffering.  Of course, each one must make his or her choice in such matters, but personally, I think it would be extremely irresponsible to saddle my wife (my age, but who statistically will outlive me by 7.5 years) with unnecessary medical bills just to buy a few more weeks of a pain-wracked existence lacking any quality of existence.  

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Just a post script: There is no known cure for Parkinson's Disease, and little progress has been made in the last few decades towards finding one IMHO.

I thought long and hard about whether to PM you or post this publicly, I chose the latter because maybe it's not a coincidence? In part, that's one of the reasons I posted this subject. My best friend died from complications of Parkinson's Disease a couple of years ago. I'm deliberately withholding everything I witnessed, how it affected his loved ones, and the extension of it all by medication. He was a great guy and had a heart of gold, however, he was a hardened atheist and no one was able to convince him otherwise.

This is just one, possibly 'the' reason I wanted to converse and get others thoughts and experiences concerning the issue, and why we are afraid of death and the prolonging of it. There's many things I don't understand the 'why's' of and get confused trying to understand them. One particular Bible verse props me up  when my mind doubts, I question and I don't understand the harshness in a number of things.

Proverbs 3:5 (KJV) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

God bless you BeauJangles

• Thanks 1