Journey365

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I am sure that most people have some kind of fears...

It doesn't really matter how much someone says that they are tough. They still have fears.

I'm not afraid to tell you my fears..

I've always been afraid of heights. If I were to be for example on the 2nd floor of the mall I wouldn't not want to look over the rail. I don't know why I would be afraid when I know I really wouldn't fall. I still however have been on rollercoasters and airplanes.  On the airplane I sit on the aisle not the window.

My 2nd fear is closed places. I imagine myself in really small type places. The good news is that it's never happened.

The last one is I'm kind of afraid of dying.  Whatever I have done in this life I am going to be judged. I am not one of those people 

that believe in the once saved always saved. There are more scriptures that can prove you can lose your salvation. To put it this way it's the fear of standing before God. I don't know whose names are in the Book of Life. Who am I to say if they are or are not?

Would others here want to share your fears? It can be any fear you have. So who would like to answer next?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Well I fear God, for God is fearsome, all powerful, and I am not. None the less, I know with a certainty that I have been foreknown and predestined to be of the flock of Jesus. I have been given to Jesus by God the Father. Jesus does not lose even a single sheep of His flock  given to Him by His Father.

My hope is certain. Certainty is not of me, but instead totally by Jesus alone, and is made known to me by the Holy Spirit that specifically challenged me to turn about from my rebellious sin against God to being the bond-servant of Christ Jesus who is God.

God is not a trickster, He does not deceive.

As to fear of things, I do not have fears. Yet I do sometimes have severe discomfort, as I am quite dependent upon visual cues for balance. Put me in a crowd where I  lose horizon reference, and I get queasy. I do not fear it so much as just want to avoid that sick feeling.

Heights have not bothered me since the time I realized it is not the height that matters so  much once one is 16 feet or higher from any surface that will stop a fall.  I have worked building tops, and off high ladders, and narrow platforms in wind, rain, and hot sun. Dead is dead from a 16 feet tumble or from a 1600 feet fall.  Each  is the same- a hello Jesus moment. I intensely dislike shopping malls for the beehive like noise and avoid them, but I do not fear them.

I do not fear death, it is well with my soul.  I have known much  death over many decades. Seems better than much  life in the flesh that is corruptible and corrupted; but God does not make errors. So even hard lives lived in corrupted bodies are serving the good purposes of God. My human heroes are not the fine specimens of great flesh, but those that  have Jesus in all their being despite the awful terrors their body of flesh faces.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Journey, a quick scan of the Internet shows that there are hundreds of phobias; these fears are true and can cause physical distress to many people.  But did you know that many Bible characters also suffered from fear?  Please note:

Jacob, David, and Elijah were among God's servants who experienced a degree of fear when faced with potential danger. (Genesis 32:6, 7; 1 Samuel 21:11, 12; 1 Kings 19:2, 3) These men did not lack faith. On the contrary, they demonstrated steadfast reliance on God. Nevertheless, Jacob, David, and Elijah were human; hence, they were susceptible to fear. “Elijah was a man with feelings like ours,” wrote the disciple James.—James 5:17.

We too might feel apprehensive as we contemplate an obstacle that we are facing now or one that we may encounter in the future. Such fear is understandable. After all, the Bible says that Satan the Devil is determined to “wage war” with those “who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.” (Revelation 12:17)  Additionally, Paul wrote: “All those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted.” (2 Timothy 3:12) Still, fear need not paralyze us when we are confronted with problems. Why?

The psalmist David wrote: “The true God is for us a God of saving acts.” (Psalm 68:20) God has repeatedly demonstrated his ability to save his people, either by delivering them from perilous situations or by giving them the strength to endure. (Psalm 34:17; Daniel 6:22; 1 Corinthians 10:13) 

Carry on Journey in your spiritual journey with boldness and with a vigorous spirit!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

Forgive me for saying so but I think sometimes that no one just wants to answer what is being asked.

So in order to answer just your questions Journey..

I have many fears. But in order too not make this post too long I will name a few.

I have a fear of driving because I almost could have been in a deadly accident which was sliding on ice under a semi truck.

I have a fear of mice but don't know why. Maybe because these field mice are very fast and you see them when you least expect too.

I have a fear of being hurt by family and friends so it makes me fearful of what too say.

I have a fear of being in crowds. The last time I had this fear I was downtown . There were so many people that I literally was up against the wall not wanting too move and crying.

I have a fear of dying sometimes. It's not as bad these days as it once was. I just think about the end results and where it leads and I am better. Meeting up with God is scary because like Journey says.. you will judged and you never may know if there was something you may have forgotten that was so bad but that God will remind you. :o

• This is Worthy 1

Most fears are logical and survival. Heights etc. 

One fear as Christians we need never have is of death itself. I don't fear it, i cannot wait!  The transient pleasures of this world cannot compare. This life is really full of pain and toil. We cannot keep anything we store here. It is an illusion. 

As this world sets, heaven dawns for us. To see Jesus Christ, be with Him forever in the City of Light forever. Wow.  Through simply accepting Him as Saviour we get all that. Sins forgiven. What a gift. 

We are unworthy. Sinful. Wretched. Accept yourself as just that, ask forgiveness. Pray to overcome all fears. Await the miracles in your life. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Fear of falling ever since I was climbing on a steep, icy roof to adjust a TV antenna.  I don't have good spatial perception.  So when my hubby would pass a vehicle on a narrow rocky one lane road when he had a flat tire and there was a steep cliff down on my side I was in terror.  That was a habit of his.  A  suspension foot bridge also terrified me--500' drop and my kids were jumping on it making it gallop.  Now that I am old I am also wary of falling.  It's not easy to get up anymore. 

This morning I nearly asphyxiated.  Something I swallowed blocked my airway.  I could only inhale a tiny  squeak,  so I blew out as hard as I could. I was dizzy and near passing out when I finally could inhale a bit more, and slowly normal breathing returned. In spite of the fact that I would love to see Jesus, I was fighting to breathe.  No big fear there.   Just wishing hubby were there to pound on my back or do a Heimlick maneuver.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Journey365 said:

I am sure that most people have some kind of fears...

It doesn't really matter how much someone says that they are tough. They still have fears.

I'm not afraid to tell you my fears..

I've always been afraid of heights. If I were to be for example on the 2nd floor of the mall I wouldn't not want to look over the rail. I don't know why I would be afraid when I know I really wouldn't fall. I still however have been on rollercoasters and airplanes.  On the airplane I sit on the aisle not the window.

My 2nd fear is closed places. I imagine myself in really small type places. The good news is that it's never happened.

The last one is I'm kind of afraid of dying.  Whatever I have done in this life I am going to be judged. I am not one of those people 

that believe in the once saved always saved. There are more scriptures that can prove you can lose your salvation. To put it this way it's the fear of standing before God. I don't know whose names are in the Book of Life. Who am I to say if they are or are not?

Would others here want to share your fears? It can be any fear you have. So who would like to answer next?

I don't like heights. But when I am afraid I turn to God. The best remedy. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

9 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Public speaking #1.......fear of being ran over by a herd of turtles......#2

Got over #1 when a high school sophomore.  Our speech teacher also taught drama.  She had us all do dramatic interpretations of Mary Had a Little Lamb.  By the time we were done we had made such fools of ourselves no one really cared anymore.  It was a blast!   (I did a tragic interpretation.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

No turtle phobias though?  Lol.....

• Haha 3