Journey365

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

My son once worked in a cold storage plant which used ammonia,  and he had to be rescued from one while he was doing tests.  He won't forget that one either.  His still works with measuring hazardous gasses.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

With all due respect......what the  heck were you thinking when you were on that icy roof???? I was drunk once and removed a radiator cap on my hot car to look inside to see if it needed water.See, I had an excuse— I wasDRUNK!!! Did you get panicky because you were scared you would miss the latest installment of “ Days Of our Lives” lol.......just kidding.....

• Haha 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 7/7/2019 at 10:18 PM, Willa said:

Fear of falling ever since I was climbing on a steep, icy roof to adjust a TV antenna.  I don't have good spatial perception.  So when my hubby would pass a vehicle on a narrow rocky one lane road when he had a flat tire and there was a steep cliff down on my side I was in terror.  That was a habit of his.  A  suspension foot bridge also terrified me--500' drop and my kids were jumping on it making it gallop.  Now that I am old I am also wary of falling.  It's not easy to get up anymore. 

This morning I nearly asphyxiated.  Something I swallowed blocked my airway.  I could only inhale a tiny  squeak,  so I blew out as hard as I could. I was dizzy and near passing out when I finally could inhale a bit more, and slowly normal breathing returned. In spite of the fact that I would love to see Jesus, I was fighting to breathe.  No big fear there.   Just wishing hubby were there to pound on my back or do a Heimlick maneuver.   

Willa and everyone, when you feel like you are starting to choke, try giving a gigantic cough like you are hacking up some phlegm.   I think it works similar to the Heimlich manuever.   Worth a try....has worked for me.

_---------------------------

About the topic, I don't like extreme heights such as being on top of a high building.   But then, no real reason for me to be up there!  I am fine with flying....love to fly.   I also wouldn't want an MRI, going into that odd tube.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

when I was young one of my aunts got bit by a small spider that was in her closet.    Bit her on her rear end.   Probably a brown recluse.   It caused a systemic reaction to the bite along with the normal tissue dying....    she came over to stay at our house to recover so my mom could watch over her.....    she was in so much pain that I could hear her call out to my dad and beg him to kill her so she could stop hurting....    went on for about 5 days or so.          Since then I have a really irrational fear of spiders.   It is hard to describe how I feel if one gets on me anywhere.

I spent lots of summer days and weekends on my grandparents farms and have been stung many times by wasps and bumble bees and ended up with a very rational fear of wasps and bees.  Oddly enough honey bees don't make me loose control like wasps do.

No spider should be allowed to exist that is thicker than a single piece of writing paper  they should immediately be flattened out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

21 hours ago, Debp said:

Willa and everyone, when you feel like you are starting to choke, try giving a gigantic cough like you are hacking up some phlegm.   I think it works similar to the Heimlich manuever.   Worth a try....has worked for me.

@Debp :thumbs_up:This is helpful advice for us all. I am someone who struggles with swallowing issues (and is concerned about choking on food.) I appreciate you sharing this. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Heloo'

yes Journey I also have fear and thank God for it...

Fear helps me to make decisions,hopefully good ones, but every so often It has hampered me such is our walk in this life.

After saying that I believe in what most here do;  and there is comfort in that ; our Helper together with our conscience leads us.

And I am fortunate no amount of turtle herds bother me.

kevana

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

sorry this was meant to tag on to jOURNEY 365  blog

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@Debp :thumbs_up:This is helpful advice for us all. I am someone who struggles with swallowing issues (and is concerned about choking on food.) I appreciate you sharing this. :)

Sorry this is off topic, but I guess you take smaller bites and chew thoroughly?   Take your time.   I do recall you have a health issue re your throat.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

..AMEN

Edited by DAVID5

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I fear everything just falling apart. Like we have come this far, only to have it be for nothing. I guess I fear being worthless.