• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Well, it looks like willa and Cletus summed it all up .     That is the pure beauty of it .    

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus is for me the Lord of all life and there is no other. Not just Lord but thee Lord. and personal friend 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

On 7/8/2019 at 7:05 AM, Cletus said:

that we yield and surrender our life to HIM.

He alone is worthy to take care of us and correct us and personally guide us in God's peace.

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

So, yes there is surrender, and there is personal submission to how He rules us in His own peace.

Edited by com7fy8

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

GINOLJC, to all

What does "Jesus is Lord" mean? answer, God in Flesh, God shared in Flesh as a man. the almighty God who took on flesh, humanity. Thomas said it best, "My Lord and my God", John 20:28. 

PICJAG.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/7/2019 at 8:21 PM, LeeGreenForest said:

What does "Jesus is Lord" mean?

The bottom line:

Iseous kurios (Greek) is the equivalent of Yeshua YHVH (Hebrew).

John 8:58 (AV)
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Exodus 3:13–15 (AV)
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

9858794_IAM.png.7fe008e8560f61110e0f91cc82689349.png

YHVH.png.19872b4538cc7309d53eb1d5e87505c6.png

Exodus 3 (AV)
1 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.
2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
7 And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.
10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?
12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

In John 8:58 Jesus claimed to be the great I AM. The Jews in company affirm this (though they did not believe him) by taking up stones to kill him for what they believed was blasphemy. Now Jesus either is YHVH or he is a liar. 

John 18:3–8 (AV)
3 Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons.
4 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?
5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am [he]. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am [he], they went backward, and fell to the ground.
7 Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.
8 Jesus answered, I have told you that I am [he]: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:

The [bracketed] "he" means it does not appear in the original Greek text but is added for translation smoothness.

Jesus claimed to be the great I AM here as well. The first time he said it, they went backward and fell to the ground.

It's been Jesus (preincarnate) all along.

Isaiah 44:24 (AV)
24 Thus saith the LORD {YHVH}, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD {YHVH} that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Colossians 1:13–16 (AV)
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

The Father and the Holy Spirit were always there in history (see Genesis 1:2 and 1 John 1:2) but the LORD is Jesus.

The late Dr. Walter Martin said it like this... think of Jehovah as a surname. Jehovah the Father, Jehovah the Son, Jehovah the Holy Spirit. But the primary has been Jesus all along. And he introduces humanity to his loving Heavenly Father in his Earthly ministry.

Edited by JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 08 July 2019 at 2:21 AM, LeeGreenForest said:

It has two meanings. You have seen dramas involving the Victorian era and earlier. Where somebody address a man as 'My Lord' that is a polite form of addressing a person with a heraditary title.

The second is where somebody addresses a man as 'My Lord' this is the acknowledgement that, that man has total authority over him.

That should be how Christians address Jesus.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/7/2019 at 9:21 PM, LeeGreenForest said:

Supreme in authority.

GINOLJC, to all.

JohnD is correct in that the scriptures clearly tell us tha Jesus/Yeshua is the "I AM THAT I AM". this can quickly be deduced by reconciling John 1:3 with Isaiah 44:24.

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made".

so Jesus, the Word, made all things.

Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

there is only "ONE CREATOR". only ONE PERSON made all things. and if someone want to use Colossians 1:16 to say, "the Father made all things THROUGH jesu, that want fly, for the one who made all things in Isaiah 44:24 said he was "BY HIMSELF", and "ALONE". wich negate and through or by someone else. 

PICJAG.

• Thumbs Up 1

GINOLJC, to all.

to expand on what it means, "Jesus is Lord". it is clearly saying that Jesus is God himself in flesh. but the question arises, "How is God in flesh as a plurality?". let's see, supportive scriptures, Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth". the term "God" here in Genesis 1:1 a is plural noun, H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem'). but do this indicate a trinity... NO. and here's why.  in Isaiah 44:24 it states, "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;". the scriptures are true. so if he's alone and by himself when in the beginning when he made all things, so how then is Genesis 1:1 is a plurality of God? the answer come right in the same chapter. 

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth". notice the "US" and the "OUR" here in verse 26, they are plural designations. now verse 27, the very next verse, listen. Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them". did you see it? if not, here it is. how did God go from being "us" and "our" to "his" and "he" which are single designations?  remember, this is same "GOD", H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') who is in Genesis 1:1 the plurality, is the same God who said "US" and "OUR" in verse 26 is now saying "HIS" and "HE" in the very next verse, #27. so what gives? answer, God is declaring HIMSELF a plurality of his OWNself THAT IS TO COME. that's why God said, "his" image. STOP, and THINK. how can God have an IMAGE, if he's invisible. in order to have an IMAGE one must first have a SOURCE. I cannot take a picture of 101G if 101G is invisible, correct. well the "image" of God is one person, for God is One. 

so what is the ANSWER, here it is. the IMAGE of God, "man", was to come, or MANIFEST in PERSON. listen, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come". was to come, was to come, was to come? he had not yet MANIFESTED himself in flesh during Genesis 1:1, only Spirit. understand FIGURE here is another word for "IMAGE", it's the Greek word, G5179 τύπος tupos (tï '-pos) n.
1. a die (as struck).
2. (by implication) a stamp or scar.
3. (by analogy) a shape, i.e. a statue.
4. (figuratively) style or resemblance.
5. (specially) a sampler (“type”), i.e. a model (for imitation) or instance (for warning).
[from G5180]
KJV: en-(ex-)ample, fashion, figure, form, manner, pattern, print 

notice definition #2, keep it in mind. now this,  Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high".
express image: it is the greek word, G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (cha-rak-teer') n.
1. an engraver (the tool or the person).
2. (by implication) an engraving.
3. (hence) a “character,” the figure stamped.
4. (by extension) an exact copy.
5. (figuratively) a representation.
[from charasso “to sharpen to a point” (akin to G1125 through the idea of scratching)]
KJV: express image 

analyze or compare Definition #2 in G5179 τύπος tupos (tï '-pos) FIGURE above with definition #3 here in G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (cha-rak-teer') EXPRESS IMAGE. "the STAMP" or IMAGE of his, his, his, "PERSON. please notice  charakter here in Hebrews is our English word,  character, when used metaphorically, it means "SON", (see G5207, huios). understand, Hebrews said, "the express image of his person". not someone else person, who is a separate PERSON, no HIS, HIS, HIS, person. meaning the same one PERSON, God himself.
THIS IS WHERE THE TRINITARIANS MAKE THEIR MISTAKE AT. instead of understanding that God is a "plurality" of his OWNself, and not three separate and distinct person. it's the same person only "SHARED" in flesh which is to come, hence the "US" and the "OUR" the TRUE IMAGE TO COME. and this "SHARING" of oneself in flesh is confirm by the Greek word "ANOTHER" which Adam is ...... "ANOTHER" of himself in the woman Eve, the woman. Adam means: H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.  

there you have it, the woman is the equal "share" of the man in flesh. she is the ANOTHER Adam. as the apostle tells us there is no excuse in NOT knowing the Godhead, listen. Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse". so there is no excuse, no mystery to the Godhead, it is understood by the things that was made. and what was made? the man and the woman. adam, as the kjv can translate it, is "ANOTHER" of himself in the woman. knowing that, listen listen to the definition of ANOTHER, according to the Greeks. G243 Allos, "Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort". the numerical difference is God's plurality, or the "sharing" of himself in flesh that was to come. and the same "sort" is as hebrews states , "HIS PERSON", meaning the same ONE PERSON, him, God almighty, not ANOTHER separate person. the son is the Father shared in flesh. supportive scripture,  Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me".

OWN "Arm?", God's OWN ARM. your OWN is you. not someone else arm but your arm. and God's OWN ARM is in his OWN person, JESUS, the Son. supportive scripture, Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Isaiah 53:3 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isaiah 53:4 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

so, God's own ARM is a "HE", a "Him", just like Genesis 1:27. or Hebrews 1:3. notice, Isaiah 63:5 said, "his OWN ARM that brought SALVATION to him". so his, (God's), OWN ARM that was " wounded for our transgressions", Isaiah 53:5, is God himself shared in flesh. God's OWN ARM that was, "despised and rejected of men", Isaiah 53:3, is God himself shared in flesh. God's Own ARM. his OWN ARM that, "grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground", Isaiah 53:2. that's God himself shared in flesh. are we now understanding God's plurality when he CAME IN FLESH.

the ARM of God is God himself "shared" in flesh. this is call the "Diversity" or the Offspring of God. supportive scripture, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star". here the word "Offspring" is the greek word, 

G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring.

there he is, the "offspring" or the "diversity", or the plurality of God himself in flesh.  God in flesh according to G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) here above, means "kin", like in KINSman Redeemer. God is our Redeemer, who is the First, and the Last. this is the H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') of Genesis 1:1 shared in flesh as the OFFSPRING that is "TO COME. God himself "shared" in flesh. so Deuteronomy 6:4 is TRUE, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD". yes he is. 

conclusion: the only thing that the trinitarian and I differ on is God as a plurality in "SEPARATION" -vs- "SHARING", of Person(s). everything else we all agree. if any trinitarian is willing to discuss "SEPARATION" -vs- "SHARING" we would love to hear from you. maybe we can answer each other concerns. and seek our God in Spirit and in TRUTH. amen.

PICJAG.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/7/2019 at 9:21 PM, LeeGreenForest said:

Saying it and believing it is a form of worship.