kelvin221

Can You Lose Your Salvation?

Hi!!! I’ve just been wondering as this was a question that came up in our study group in my local church. 
Can You lose your Salvation?

if so can anyone explain why with biblical reference? Thanks!!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kelvin221 said:

Hi!!! I’ve just been wondering as this was a question that came up in our study group in my local church. 

Firstly the Lord is GOOD. He will not let you go easily. C.S. Lewis called the Holy Spirit "The Hound of Heaven".

If you are dead set on throwing away your gift of Love from Yeshua, He will even help you pack your bags and drive you to the station. He is Kindness Personified.

If you understood the smallest amount of what He went thru to Redeem mankind and the whole world, I think you may be so enthralled by His Love that you would NEVER want to leave 'The Shadow of the Almighty'.

So really, the better question to think about is, WHY WOULD I WANT TO FORSAKE SUCH A WONDERFUL GIFT OF EVERLASTING LOVE AND COMMUNION?

Edited by Justin Adams

God radically parameter-ed it through His Word

1 John 2:19
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. KJV

4 hours ago, kelvin221 said:

Either you need a preacher that actuall preaches his way through the bible or you have to start reading it.

Two very familiar passages for you:-

John 10:14 "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

and

john 10:25 Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one."

and

Romans5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Can you explain how you can pull out of Jesus's hand?

38 minutes ago, Who me said:

Can you explain how you can pull out of Jesus's hand?

This is explained clearly in 1 John and 1 Peter as well as several other places with severe and strict warnings.

"How" is because free will. 

Some people get emotional,  and stop following Jesus because of their emotion or feelings.

They cry when their status is questioned or shaken, because they don't have a solid foundation in Christ Jesus and His Word is not abiding in them,  so they fall away when things get difficult.  Oh,  they may "pretend" for decades,  but only get along as long as no one with discernment challenges them.

True,  they might never have been saved,  some of them at least,  but the warnings are very clear for all.

God gave Jesus the task to “not lose a single one”. That is the will God.Jesus ALWAYS does the will of His Father.Some people think they can make Jesus a failure when it comes to Jesus carrying out His God-Ordered Mission.

7 hours ago, simplejeff said:

This is explained clearly in 1 John and 1 Peter as well as several other places with severe and strict warnings.

Some people get emotional,  and stop following Jesus because of their emotion or feelings.

They cry when their status is questioned or shaken, because they don't have a solid foundation in Christ Jesus and His Word is not abiding in them,  so they fall away when things get difficult.  Oh,  they may "pretend" for decades,  but only get along as long as no one with discernment challenges them.

True,  they might never have been saved,  some of them at least,  but the warnings are very clear for all.

It is the WILL of the Father that NONE  that He gives to His Son would perish.So, let’s see......God’s Will vs the will of some weak, ill- taught Believer—- The Smart money goes with God and His will that His Son has promised to carry out....

21 hours ago, kelvin221 said:

A true born again Christian can not lose their salvation. 

Hi Kelvin,

I am not going to answer this question, nor explain why I believe what I do about it, but if you want to get a good idea about it, I suggest you study it out yourself. I will point you to a resource though, that will give you a lot of Bible verses that people use from both side of this issue.

I suggest, that the Bible is inspired, and does not contradict itself. If that is true, then as you examine the verses you will see things that may lead you to one understanding or the other, or maybe you will just be confused and scratch your head in uncertainty. However, if the Bible does not contradict itself, and you have the right understanding of these verses, then your understanding will be one in which all these verses are compatible. The right understanding, will see these verses as in harmony, and true.

Ask God (in prayer) for understanding, and carefully consider what God is teaching us.

On 08 July 2019 at 3:24 PM, simplejeff said:

Jesus clearly said, " No One can snatch them out of my hand."

That includes the devil deluding people into all sorts of dispair, or emotional termoil.

What can separate us from the love of God, can my will do it? Can it, is God weaker than you or I that he cannot hold on to those he saved?

• Similar Content

• By Behold
      We understand that if someone is kidnapped, and this person belongs to an important, powerful, rich, person, then the kidnappers will want a ransom. (payment)
      A "ransom" is a buying back, of something, or of someone.
      When you became born again, when you were saved, God paid a ransom for you, and this is the Blood of Jesus.
      "you are not your own, you are BOUGHT with a PRICE"....>"You are Christ's and Christ is God's".
      The Blood of Jesus, is the full payment paid for your ransom, that has "blood bought" you back to God from your "lost" , "separated from God by sin", condition.
      When a preacher or teacher uses the term "blood bought", they are referring to the ransom that God paid, ....a literal payment which is the cost of-for your sin debt that you owed God, that is Hell and the Lake of Fire.
      So, the Blood of Jesus paid the PRICE for the eternal judgement due you, so that you would not be eternally damned, and eventually end up in Hell <> Lake of Fire after you died.
      All This is the eternal consequence of the payment that God accepted on your behalf when Christ was offering Himself FOR YOU, bearing your sin, and in fact "Christ became sin".....on the Cross.
      This Blood Atomentment Payment is eternally applied to you, as a free gift, the same instant that you from your heart, "called on the name of Jesus", and "received Christ as your Savior".
      (Justification by Faith) = Alone.
      In the present, after you are born again,  there are 4 main things that you are ransomed from, based on the Blood of Christ being your accepted "payment due" to God for your LIFETIME of sinning and unbelief.

1. You are redeemed (ransomed from- delivered from) your Adamic Nature
      2. You are redeemed (ransomed from-delivered from) Sin's power.
      3. You are redeemed from (ransomed from-delivered from) The Curse of the Law.
      4. You are redeemed (ransomed from-delivered from) The Devil.

Now there are other things that are involved in your ransom that would be counted as part of your redemption :   Becoming an Heir of God and a Joint Heir with Jesus......and also,  health, prosperity, abundant life, prayer's answered, etc.
    • By JubileeJigsaw
      I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior and told Him to come into my heart on July 28, 2019. However, my mind just started cursing towards Him. It made me miserable for days. My grandfather said to trust in Jesus; my faith is incredibly low, yet I know Jesus rose from the dead.
      Last night (August 8), I just thought, “I reject the Holy Spirit”, then boom! My body just felt a release. I felt incredibly scared, sad, and incredibly numb. I talked to my church's college & career leaders tonight and they told me that God will never leave me and He still loves me.
      Now, either I'm acting like I don't care or I'm feeling better? I don't know. I mean, when I listen to a Christian song, I don't feel much. When I listened to an audio sermon from Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Life", I also felt nothing.
      Did I actually commit the unpardonable sin? Did the Holy Spirit actually leave me? Am I really going to Hell? Am I not really saved? Why am I not really caring?
    • By nobleseed
      the Lord kept me from sin, hallelujah, he kept me from sinning, God be praised, he took the temptation away from me, he denied me the thing i desired, sing his praises, he kept me from compromise and saved my integrity and in uprightness of heart i will serve him, amen
    • By PeachySunrise
      Hello. I am a teenager that has been brought up in a Christian family surrounded by Christian people all of my life. I believed in God but could never say I was saved or had what some would call a personal relationship with him. I went to church, prayed, participated in church activities but never had that connection with Christ. I have struggled with this throughout my life. When I was little I used to attend church with my grandmother rather often. I used to love going to church with her until I was about 11 years old. They are the kind of church that preaches “get saved or burn in hell for all of eternity” type. Well, her church holds the belief that until you are 11 years old if you were to die you would get a free ticket to heaven and not have to be saved. After that, however, if you were to die unsaved you would go to hell. So nearing the time I was 11 in their belief my ‘’free ticket to heaven” was about to run out.

They became pushy on trying to get me to repent and put me on the spot a lot. Although it was never said aloud they and my grandmother believed that the denomination of church we go to is “wrong.” So, when their revival week rolled around my grandmother would always try to guilt us into going even though we really didn’t want to. They would put us on the spot often and make us feel really awkward especially concerning salvation. I know they have good intentions and I love my grandmother and everyone there but their type of church is just not for me. I don’t believe that you can make someone get saved but that they have to find Christ when he is ready for them.
      Needless to say, however, the whole being saved thing has always been something really awkward for me and something I have tried to avoid mostly due to those experiences. However, if there is one thing that going to my grandma’s church really imprinted into my mind it was that I was lost and really did need to get saved. It was often something I tried to shove away but I did know if I didn’t get saved it was an eternity in hell for me. This has often bothered me throughout my life and this weight on my heart was brought about again when listening to my preacher’s sermon today. I honestly don’t quite remember what it was about but it evoked in my heart the feeling that I have had many times before that I needed to get saved. I once again tried to push it away but it lingered in my heart throughout the day. Later on in the afternoon when I was back home in my room the feeling that I needed Christ and was lacking him was brought into my heart. I decided to close my bedroom door and pray by my bedside in hopes that I would finally gain salvation.

I am definitely not the most faithful person but I repented of sins and told him I was ready to accept him as my lord and savior. I didn’t feel entirely ready but realized that I am never going to be perfectly ready to accept him. I tried to let go of my fear surrounding salvation and after I felt I was finished I said amen and felt that a weight was lifted off of me. That feeling in my heart was gone and I felt light. However, although I felt light I was like “uh, so did I just get saved? This isn’t exactly how I pictured getting saved felt like.” All of my life I have heard that once people get saved they feel peaceful and just know they are saved. However the fact that I was questioning the fact on rather I was saved right after that leads me to believe that that may have not have been salvation. I know it can be different for everybody but I am just kinda confused. I am not really doubting the experience just wondering if that is what it is supposed to be like. It was nice and all but I think if I was actually saved I would "feel it in my heart." It’s been a few hours and I just feel like it’s a regular night. Was I actually saved or not? Some kind of help would be lovely, sorry for the long story and thanks a lot =).
      Edit: I wrote this last night and it's now the next morning. I have been thinking about it all morning and can't help but think that was it? Wow so much confusion haha