• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

17 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet. Alaska is having a heat wave :blink: This is very rare for Alaska.Is there anyone on the WB from Alaska? It has been 90 degrees there. That is hot for them. 

The pole must be shifting it's chilly in Texas this morning. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, ayin jade said:

The magnetic field has shifted poles multiple times in our past and hasnt really done anything to harm the earth. It does appear to be signs of it preparing to shift again. 

My personal theory, just my opinion, is that gamma ray burst could be a cause of the heat and fire in revelation. Scientists have hypothesized that such a burst could be a mass extinction event. But it could just as easily be nothing natural at all, but supernatural. Regardless, its all in His hands.

You bring up some interesting points. Before I share my thoughts let me reiterate; I don't know how all these things will come about, the Lord only knows. But it appears to me the vast majority of the time God uses His creation (nature) to carry out His purpose and will. If memory serves, I believe it was 2012 a major solar flare (maybe a warning) came from behind through earth's path by only two weeks. NASA and NOAA downplayed the severity of it had it hit earth, but it would have made the solar storm of 1859 (Carrington Effect) mild in comparison. As everyone knows; a major solar storm, solar flare or CME striking the earth would wipe out everything computerized unless hardened, and send us back to pre 1800's. In the age of extremely advanced technology, the battle of Armageddon seems to be primitive and no advanced technology is apparent; as literal horses are the means of transportation and battle (Rev. 19:18).

I read a secular scientific article awhile back about the effects of a severe CME striking earths atmosphere in theory. It's very complex and hard for the layman to understand, but the 6,000 degree solar plasma hitting our cold moist upper atmosphere would produce 100 pound blocks of ice; would vaporize the tens of thousands at anyone time in airliners, then that 6,000 degrees would strike the earths surface. Hum, I read about 100 pound hail somewhere. Another thing I find very interesting during the tribulation; it's centered on Israel and that geographical area. There's no mention of America or any place or country on our side of the hemisphere

An event is going to occur that burns up 1/3 of all the earths trees and grass, that's going to have to be hot and widespread. That description seems to indicate it will kill every living thing on the surface of the earth. Things carry on with Israel and the European Continent and seems it doesn't affect them. It's unlikely nuclear weapons can cause 1/3 of the earth to burn up, and then you would have global radiation spreading. It so happens the North and South American Continents make up just about 1/3 of the global land mass. A major solar flare / CME fits what's being described in Revelation. Of course this is all speculation on my part.

3 hours ago, mlbrokish said:

:) Great. Another reason the dairy industry has to be concerned. lol   (If you didn't already know, we run a dairy farm, so those globalists you refer to must think I am contributing to global warming)  

IMO. There's nothing better than a nice cold glass of chocolate milk from them there black Angus cows. We likes us the white milk from them there Holstein's, but given a choice; chocolate Angus milk  :)

No I didn't know. But I do know there's no vacations for those operating a dairy farm, it's a 24/7 operation; and it's vital and appreciated!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

50 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

IMO. There's nothing better than a nice cold glass of chocolate milk from them there black Angus cows. We likes us the white milk from them there Holstein's, but given a choice; chocolate Angus milk  :)

No I didn't know. But I do know there's no vacations for those operating a dairy farm, it's a 24/7 operation; and it's vital and appreciated!

I met a young lady (living in Wisconsin) who seriously thought chocolate milk came from the brown (which we call red & white) cows.  I didn't have the heart to inform her that chocolate is an added ingredient coming from cocoa beans. 

And regarding vacations... not on our 200-cow family farm (me, my husband, & 4 daughters) .  No other hired help, nor money available to pay other hired help. Expenses sky high, and income still similar to back in 1980's. Economy may be good for many, but not dairy, regardless what politicians or media says.  Eventually, things will change, and we will take a long vacation.  Until then, we just keep caring for God's land and animals the best we can.

also, I prefer the chocolate milk, too. :)

(sorry, off topic.  Forgive me for venting)

Edited by mlbrokish
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, mlbrokish said:

I met a young lady (living in Wisconsin) who seriously thought chocolate milk came from the brown (which we call red & white) cows.  I didn't have the heart to inform her that chocolate is an added ingredient coming from cocoa beans. 

And regarding vacations... not on our 200-cow family farm (me, my husband, & 4 daughters) .  No other hired help, nor money available to pay other hired help. Expenses sky high, and income still similar to back in 1980's. Economy may be good for many, but not dairy, regardless what politicians or media says.  Eventually, things will change, and we will take a long vacation.  Until then, we just keep caring for God's land and animals the best we can.

I'm slightly aware of the difficulties, work and profit margins of family dairy, ranching and grain farming. Agra business is driving the small operator and family farm out of business, it's a shame. Everyone demands cheap; milk, butter, cheese and this and that. These days it takes a wealth of love, dedication, creativity and desire to hang in there and compete with the mega conglomerates. I know each day is a struggle and the wholesale prices can change on a dime. I'm also aware that profit margins for the family farmer has not even kept up with inflation, what a tough living. Given my druthers; I'd much prefer buying locally from family farmers, but that's easier said than done. Around here, other than honey, I don't believe anyone sells their farming products to the general public; except for seasonal vegetables and produce. 

You really burst my bubble on the chocolate milk. Are you next going to inform me there's no Santa Clause? 

4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm slightly aware of the difficulties, work and profit margins of family dairy, ranching and grain farming. Agra business is driving the small operator and family farm out of business, it's a shame. Everyone demands cheap; milk, butter, cheese and this and that. These days it takes a wealth of love, dedication, creativity and desire to hang in there and compete with the mega conglomerates. I know each day is a struggle and the wholesale prices can change on a dime. I'm also aware that profit margins for the family farmer has not even kept up with inflation, what a tough living. Given my druthers; I'd much prefer buying locally from family farmers, but that's easier said than done. Around here, other than honey, I don't believe anyone sells their farming products to the general public; except for seasonal vegetables and produce.

It's nice to have a supportive word from others who aren't directly involved in the industry.  Thank you, Dennis.

8 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

You really burst my bubble on the chocolate milk. Are you next going to inform me there's no Santa Clause?

I think we need to talk... 

(this may get on a tangent of the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy, also)

:laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,045
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, mlbrokish said:

Until I was a bit over 16, I spent a good part of the summer on my grandmothers dairy farm....     way too much work for me to want to make a career out of that....   darn cows demand to be milked EVERY day, twice a day, same time of day....   come rain, shine or snow... they usually had a bit over a hundred cows and milked from 75 to 90 a day....   two stall milk barn, vacuum system.  That was from the 40's to late 60's...      I enjoyed working with all the equipment, but allergies drove me crazy.    Started driving a 2 ton hay truck when I was about 10, and cutting hay with a little A model farmall.    good days even though they were runny nose times...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

54 minutes ago, mlbrokish said:

I think we need to talk... 

Perhaps... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, other one said:

Until I was a bit over 16, I spent a good part of the summer on my grandmothers dairy farm....     way too much work for me to want to make a career out of that....   darn cows demand to be milked EVERY day, twice a day, same time of day....   come rain, shine or snow... they usually had a bit over a hundred cows and milked from 75 to 90 a day....   two stall milk barn, vacuum system.  That was from the 40's to late 60's...      I enjoyed working with all the equipment, but allergies drove me crazy.    Started driving a 2 ton hay truck when I was about 10, and cutting hay with a little A model farmall.    good days even though they were runny nose times...

Awesome! Love it!

My kids don't drive tractors, but they all know how to operate the skid steer (along with the 4-wheeler, and Kawasaki UTV :)) and    yep, they get up & help with milking @ 3:30 a.m. during the summer. They do get plenty of free-time during the day, but they work hard during chore time mornings and evenings.  

The weather can be exciting, that's for sure.  I feed calves and have gotten soaked to the skin with standing water in my boots - several times over the years.  Not to mention, working during blizzard conditions and in 110 degree heat.  I always remember that the calves don't have a choice but to deal with the weather, at least I can rejuvenate in the house.  All part of the lifestyle.

Most days I wouldn't trade it for anything, especially to see the glorious sunrises God gives us every day.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

You bring up some interesting points. Before I share my thoughts let me reiterate; I don't know how all these things will come about, the Lord only knows. But it appears to me the vast majority of the time God uses His creation (nature) to carry out His purpose and will. If memory serves, I believe it was 2012 a major solar flare (maybe a warning) came from behind through earth's path by only two weeks. NASA and NOAA downplayed the severity of it had it hit earth, but it would have made the solar storm of 1859 (Carrington Effect) mild in comparison. As everyone knows; a major solar storm, solar flare or CME striking the earth would wipe out everything computerized unless hardened, and send us back to pre 1800's. In the age of extremely advanced technology, the battle of Armageddon seems to be primitive and no advanced technology is apparent; as literal horses are the means of transportation and battle (Rev. 19:18).

I read a secular scientific article awhile back about the effects of a severe CME striking earths atmosphere in theory. It's very complex and hard for the layman to understand, but the 6,000 degree solar plasma hitting our cold moist upper atmosphere would produce 100 pound blocks of ice; would vaporize the tens of thousands at anyone time in airliners, then that 6,000 degrees would strike the earths surface. Hum, I read about 100 pound hail somewhere. Another thing I find very interesting during the tribulation; it's centered on Israel and that geographical area. There's no mention of America or any place or country on our side of the hemisphere

An event is going to occur that burns up 1/3 of all the earths trees and grass, that's going to have to be hot and widespread. That description seems to indicate it will kill every living thing on the surface of the earth. Things carry on with Israel and the European Continent and seems it doesn't affect them. It's unlikely nuclear weapons can cause 1/3 of the earth to burn up, and then you would have global radiation spreading. It so happens the North and South American Continents make up just about 1/3 of the global land mass. A major solar flare / CME fits what's being described in Revelation. Of course this is all speculation on my part.

Kind of interesting speculation though as you point out the verses which says, "..as literal horses are the means of transportation and battle (Rev. 19:18).

I know preterits don't believe in the book of Revelations necessarily  being future I do though. That verse above does make one wonder though how that could play out with modern tech things but yes an CME could create such. 

I'm curious as to why Hollywood have never made a movie with that as a theme....the world thrown back to the 1800's. Or even a TV series like "Lost". Being thrown back to the 1800's would be interesting stuff in how culture would have to adapt. Everything would have to be done differently. The question is though is how long would culture be in such a state.