• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Cowboys do ride horses cause they don't hv wings, where in history Angels ride horses n areĀ  they horse race jockeys ?

Unless there is a direct statement that angels cannot or do not ever ride horses then they certainly could be mounted on horses. Your statement is purely speculative.

9 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Angels abide in heaven and battle in heaven with the dragon, this war is Armageddon between man and man over the earth possession, no angels will take part.

Except the dragon is thrown to earth and his armies with him. So then the angels would need to come to earth to finish the fight. It's hard for me to fathom the concept of a husband taking his wife to war.

It's possible I suppose but unprecedented and highly unlikely, especially since scripture says Jesus comes with 'holy ones', not the 'elect' or 'bride' or 'church'.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Last Daze.

Just to add to WilliamL's words, when Yeshua` died, He wasn't wearing a robe! In point of fact, He wasn't wearing anything! They put a royal robe upon Him to mock Him as "king," but they removed it for the crucifixion.

The description of Jesus in Rev 19:11-16 is symbolic which is why I used the word represent in my reply:

15 hours ago, Last Daze said:

His robe could represent the righteous act of sacrificing Himself for the sins of the world and the blood on it is the blood He shed on the cross.

Most of us don't die with robes on yet we're pictured as having robes.Ā  Those robes represent something.

• It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.Ā  Rev 19:8

Similarly, the robe that Jesus is described as wearing in Rev 19:13 could be representative of something.Ā  Since symbolic imagery is used to describe Him, I expect such is the case.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Diaste said:

Except the dragon is thrown to earth and his armies with him. So then the angels would need to come to earth to finish the fight.

Only God can finish the dragon, not angels.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,536
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

13 hours ago, Last Daze said:

The description of Jesus in Rev 19:11-16 is symbolic which is why I used the word represent in my reply:

Most of us don't die with robes on yet we're pictured as having robes.Ā  Those robes represent something.

• It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.Ā  Rev 19:8

Similarly, the robe that Jesus is described as wearing in Rev 19:13 could be representative of something.Ā  Since symbolic imagery is used to describe Him, I expect such is the case.

Shalom, Last Daze.

Well, to start with, the verse you quoted doesn't use the word "robe" or "robes" in it. Instead, it just mentions the MATERIAL. We make shirts and trousers out of fine linen today. And, in this particular verse, it DOES say that the fine linen represents the "righteous acts of the saints." And, it says that "it was given to her to clothe herself," implying that she was unclothed before.Ā 

Not everything in Revelation is symbolic. While the symbolism makes Him out to be "stomping grapes in a winevat," He will LITERALLY be stomping on His enemies, killing them with a word (the sword of His mouth) until the blood flows for 184 miles and to the depth of the horses' bits!

In Revelation 19:11-16, it says this:

Revelation 19:11-16 (KJV)

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon himĀ wasĀ called "Faithful and True," and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.Ā 12 His eyesĀ wereĀ as a flame of fire, and on his headĀ wereĀ many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.Ā 13 And heĀ was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called "The Word of God." 14 And the armiesĀ which wereĀ in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.Ā 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.Ā 16 And he hath onĀ hisĀ vesture and on his thigh a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

And, verse 14 appears to reflect what was said in 19:8, just a few verses prior!

Verse 15 reflects back to 14:20: (Notice that Rev. 14:20 does NOT say WHO was doing the "treading" or stomping!)

Revelation 14:17-20 (KJV)

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.Ā 18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying,

"Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe."

19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and castĀ itĀ into the great winepress of the wrath of God.Ā 20 And the winepress was trodden without (outside of)Ā the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousandĀ andĀ six hundred furlongs.

The last phrase in Greek is "apo stadioon chilioon hexakosioon" or "away-from stads a-thousand six-hundred."Ā At 607.14222... feet per stadion, 1600 "stadioon" would be ..

1600 stads x 607.14222... ft/stad x 1 mi/5280 ft = 183.982 miles or roughly 184 miles. That's the whole length of Israel! And, it's up to a depth of the horses' bits!

Being already written upon His clothes, the goal/fate/destiny of the Messiah is to become "King of kings and Lord of lords!" That is, He is to become the World Emperor! According to Scripture, this takes time, a THOUSAND YEARS, in fact, but it will be accomplished.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Last Daze.

Well, to start with, the verse you quoted doesn't use the word "robe" or "robes" in it. Instead, it just mentions the MATERIAL. We make shirts and trousers out of fine linen today. And, in this particular verse, it DOES say that the fine linen represents the "righteous acts of the saints." And, it says that "it was given to her to clothe herself," implying that she was unclothed before.Ā 

Not everything in Revelation is symbolic. While the symbolism makes Him out to be "stomping grapes in a winevat," He will LITERALLY be stomping on His enemies, killing them with a word (the sword of His mouth) until the blood flows for 184 miles and to the depth of the horses' bits!

In Revelation 19:11-16, it says this:

Revelation 19:11-16 (KJV)

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon himĀ wasĀ called "Faithful and True," and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.Ā 12 His eyesĀ wereĀ as a flame of fire, and on his headĀ wereĀ many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.Ā 13 And heĀ was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called "The Word of God." 14 And the armiesĀ which wereĀ in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.Ā 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.Ā 16 And he hath onĀ hisĀ vesture and on his thigh a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

And, verse 14 appears to reflect what was said in 19:8, just a few verses prior!

Verse 15 reflects back to 14:20: (Notice that Rev. 14:20 does NOT say WHO was doing the "treading" or stomping!)

Revelation 14:17-20 (KJV)

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.Ā 18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying,

"Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe."

19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and castĀ itĀ into the great winepress of the wrath of God.Ā 20 And the winepress was trodden without (outside of)Ā the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousandĀ andĀ six hundred furlongs.

The last phrase in Greek is "apo stadioon chilioon hexakosioon" or "away-from stads a-thousand six-hundred."Ā At 607.14222... feet per stadion, 1600 "stadioon" would be ..

1600 stads x 607.14222... ft/stad x 1 mi/5280 ft = 183.982 miles or roughly 184 miles. That's the whole length of Israel! And, it's up to a depth of the horses' bits!

Being already written upon His clothes, the goal/fate/destiny of the Messiah is to become "King of kings and Lord of lords!" That is, He is to become the World Emperor! According to Scripture, this takes time, a THOUSAND YEARS, in fact, but it will be accomplished.

It's not something I'm going to lose any sleep over.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 7/9/2019 at 3:36 PM, Last Daze said:
On 7/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, WilliamL said:

Dipped is one possible translation: immersed, soaked, and covered are others. Hard to understand how the blood of the cross somehow makes it to this garment.

Do you think that the blood of Jesus is still in the ground here on earth?

Well now, some say it flowed through the crack in the rock below the cross onto the mercy seat of the Ark, hidden in a tunnel below, where the Ark had been taken before Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians.

Me, its not something I concern myself with. Rather stick to the evidence provided by the Word and history. And I see no evidence at all that Jesus's shed blood was/would have been supernaturally preserved to appear on a heavenly garment. (And then there is the sticky matter of the Shroud...)