WordSword

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  163
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,152
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever thought that what occurs is supposed to occur or it wouldn’t have occurred? Myself, I believe all that happens is supposed to happen because not only was it foreknown to happen but has also been allowed to happen! This is an example of providential care of the only omniscient God, and please also realize something I believe has additional instruction, that He has always known it—from eternity past.

Therefore for those who are reborn, all that occurs in their lives is orchestrated by God to “work together” for their “good.” That is not to say that all things are good, because the majority of this life holds that which is evil, but the evil (esp. in the believer’s life) is worked together with the good and always results in good—“to those who are the called according to His purpose.” The implication here is this, dear believer, that whatever we encounter, we can know that God has complete control of it and has already caused or meant it to, without fail, result to our benefit!

What does all this good God “works” to us address the most? Our faith, which ever continues to grow in strength, through understanding and knowing that, for those who are His, all is controlled to address our faith in Him and His Word; and it’s the condition of our faith in Him that determines the degree of our practical love for Him, because “faith performs by love” (Gal 5:6), thus the greater the faith, the greater the manifestation of love which supplies it.

This provides for the believer great encouraging assurance that we can welcome every day in knowing that whatever awaits us is not only foreseen and allowed, but also has already (“from everlasting to everlasting” – Psa 41:13; 90:2; 103:1; 106:4) been controlled to work for good to believers. There is nothing a believer will do that can turn aside the Father’s loving providence of causing all the evil to result—to us—for good (Gen 50:20).

NC

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

This brings up the question of believin' in fate. How could ya not? If ya believe in God, who knows ya before the womb n all that ya will do in your life n when your life on earth is up.....this is fate....God's plan for ya.

just my two bits,  JJ

42 minutes ago, BorderCowboy said:

This brings up the question of believin' in fate. How could ya not? If ya believe in God, who knows ya before the womb n all that ya will do in your life n when your life on earth is up.....this is fate....God's plan for ya.

just my two bits,  JJ

Hi and thanks for the input! Yes, understanding omniscience is foreknowing all final outcomes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Theimplication here is this, dear believer, that whatever we encounter, we can know that God has complete control of it and has already caused or meant it to, without fail, result to our benefit!

I Cant say I agree with a lot of what you wrote, especially the above.  I do not believe God is causing all the bad things that is going on in this “confused” world. Satan is the prince of this world system. 

I do know God can cause all things, even bad things, to work for some good....(Romans 8:28) but He is not the one causing most of the bad things. ( Maybe some bad things because they are consequences for bad decisions.)

5 minutes ago, Spock said:

Theimplication here is this, dear believer, that whatever we encounter, we can know that God has complete control of it and has already caused or meant it to, without fail, result to our benefit!

I Cant say I agree with a lot of what you wrote, especially the above.  I do not believe God is causing all the bad things that is going on in this “confused” world. Satan is the prince of this world system. 

I do know God can cause all things, even bad things, to work for some good....(Romans 8:28) but He is not the one causing most of the bad things. ( Maybe some bad things because they are consequences for bad decisions.)

Hi, and appreciate your instructional reply! I like using the word "evil" because we don't always know what is truly bad. You're correct in saying God doesn't cause evil in any form (Jas 1:13), but has prearranged all to result ultimately in good.

The crux of the article has much to do with the difference between predestination and predetermination. What we choose determines our outcome, and God knowing what our outcome will be is what we will be predestined for according with our choice. "Therefore choose life" (Deu 30:19). For example, He knows what all will choose prior to birth, thus He knows that not choosing life means He is "fitting" (creating) one "to destruction" (Rom 9:22).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, WordSword said:

Hi, and appreciate your instructional reply! I like using the word "evil" because we don't always know what is truly bad. You're correct in saying God doesn't cause evil in any form (Jas 1:13), but has prearranged all to result ultimately in good.

The crux of the article has much to do with the difference between predestination and predetermination. What we choose determines our outcome, and God knowing what our outcome will be is what we will be predestined for according with our choice. "Therefore choose life" (Deu 30:19). For example, He knows what all will choose prior to birth, thus He knows that not choosing life means He is "fitting" (creating) one "to destruction" (Rom 9:22).

You said.....

Therefore for those who are reborn, ALL that occurs in their lives is orchestrated by God to “work together” for their “good.”

To me, This is a confusing statement and I believe can lead to discouragement.  I wonder if others are confused as well. 

For example, A young 25 year old married gal from my church (in my home bible study) was brutally raped and murdered when leaving her house to get into her car. According to the statement above, all this was orchestrated by God for her good. 

Okay, I agree, the moment she died, she was whisked to heaven....that is a good thing

Of course, being raped and murdered is not. 

Now, I can agree, if God is God, then yes, even that had to “go through him” before it could happen because of course God knew it was going to happen (He knows everything since he is not bound by time.)  But, if you are implying this was necessarily God’s will (He orchestrated it) just because he allowed it to happen, this just doesn’t make it for me. And you did say “ALL” that occurs is orchestrated by God to work together for their good.  (Some theologians call this God’s “permissive” will and see a distinction between God’s active will.) 

I don’t believe it was. Just because God “didn’t step in to prevent it” doesn’t necessarily mean it was God’s will.....although I’m sure we both can agree, God can use even something horrible like that for some good somewhere, somehow, to someone. 

And here is one more example....Eccles 7:19 says this:

“Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool-- why die before your time?

Unless I’m misunderstanding this thought, it says we can bring about our death PREMATURELY through our foolishness.  Is our premature death  orchestrated by God for our good? I don’t think so. You did say “ALL” did you not?

Anyhow, I’m not trying to be contentious here, but I do feel the need to add a rebuttal in order to clear this matter up for some who may be confused. We might be saying the same things, just mixing up our words. 

Side note: By the way, the gal I referenced above was aware there was a rapist in the area and was warned to take precautions because a neighbor noticed some guy was stalking her house trying to peer in. Her husband reluctantly left home for business concerned about this evil loose on the streets. He had reason to......

This is a very profound topic.......I’m not sure why I entered the arena! Ha

14 minutes ago, Spock said:

You said.....

Therefore for those who are reborn, ALL that occurs in their lives is orchestrated by God to “work together” for their “good.”

To me, This is a confusing statement and I believe can lead to discouragement.  I wonder if others are confused as well. 

For example, A young 25 year old married gal from my church (in my home bible study) was brutally raped and murdered when leaving her house to get into her car. According to the statement above, all this was orchestrated by God for her good. 

Okay, I agree, the moment she died, she was whisked to heaven....that is a good thing

Of course, being raped and murdered is not. 

Now, I can agree, if God is God, then yes, even that had to “go through him” before it could happen because of course God knew it was going to happen (He knows everything since he is not bound by time.)  But, if you are implying this was necessarily God’s will (He orchestrated it) just because he allowed it to happen, this just doesn’t make it for me. And you did say “ALL” that occurs is orchestrated by God to work together for their good.  (Some theologians call this God’s “permissive” will and see a distinction between God’s active will.) 

I don’t believe it was. Just because God “didn’t step in to prevent it” doesn’t necessarily mean it was God’s will.....although I’m sure we both can agree, God can use even something horrible like that for some good somewhere, somehow, to someone. 

And here is one more example....Eccles 7:19 says this:

“Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool-- why die before your time?

Unless I’m misunderstanding this thought, it says we can bring about our death PREMATURELY through our foolishness.  Is our premature death  orchestrated by God for our good? I don’t think so. You did say “ALL” did you not?

Anyhow, I’m not trying to be contentious here, but I do feel the need to add a rebuttal in order to clear this matter up for some who may be confused. We might be saying the same things, just mixing up our words. 

Side note: By the way, the gal I referenced above was aware there was a rapist in the area and was warned to take precautions because a neighbor noticed some guy was stalking her house trying to peer in. Her husband reluctantly left home for business concerned about this evil loose on the streets. He had reason to......

This is a very profound topic.......I’m not sure why I entered the arena! Ha

Often what God calls "good" is beyond our understanding, but to be direct, we can only choose to believe Romans 8:28, and that it refer's to the believer. Nobody can understand why God allows many of the hardness believers encounter, only that regardless of what happens, He works it to them according to His Word in this passage.