Journey365

What about the dead sea and the scrolls?

18 minutes ago, Cletus said:

the article is just for a foundation to get you started.  there is actually a lot more sources on this. 

As a Christian of over 75 years it saddens me to say that there is a lot of misinformation  being produced and directed toward Christian believers today. It would seem that truth and the search for it is no longer a priority with us today.

2 minutes ago, Takoda said:

As a Christian of over 75 years it saddens me to say that there is a lot of misinformation  being produced and directed toward Christian believers today. It would seem that truth and the search for it is no longer a priority with us today.

the bible told us it would happen.  I know that probably dont make you feel better, but it is the truth. 

Cletus--- you called me a skeptic. Thank you, that is high praise indeed! All of us as Christians should be very skeptical of scientific claims, of historical claims and of religious claims.

• Praise God! 1

the dead sea is about 1400 feet below sea level and no water runs out of it.    Unless one finds some way to add more water to it than evaporates it can't get less salty...   ever.  The water that runs into it from both ends bring more salts and minerals and when the water evaps, it makes the sea more salty.

• This is Worthy 1

6 hours ago, Cletus said:

did you see the link i posted one above you?  there is a link to a youtube video on the article.  fresh water and fish are returning to the dead sea like the bible says it will.  check it out.  there are other videos on youtube also.  i do not support everything said in the videos. 

"Fresh water is now flowing into this Rift Valley expanse that has been unable to support life since the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah thousands of years ago"

That's not news. Fresh water (the River Jordan) has been flowing into the Dead Sea for millennia, but it doesn't change anything.

"And freshwater fish have now been seen swimming in the surrounding sinkholes that have opened up in recent years as the sea, made up of 33% salt, has been receding."

Hmm... not in the Dead Sea itself, you notice, which is still 33% salt!

In other words, this article isn't really saying anything wonderful at all.

On 7/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, Cletus said:

they are stretching things way beyond what I can really reach here.   The dead sea is shrinking and fresh water is running into holes that are separated from the dead sea so these holes are not really part of the sea itself   It's really just an extension of the water coming into the sea where the sea doesn't exist any longer.

Sounds good on the surface but there really isn't any depth to the video.   Their conclusion is really not valid.