Sign in to follow this  
Lovenvrfails17

DO NOT PREACH CONDEMNATION

On 7/14/2019 at 2:38 PM, 1to3 said:

Hello Just passing Thru,

yes I have been contemplating things over since yesterday, all that I read and my own walk with the Lord.

I thank you also for sharing your testimony. Praise God! Amen!
I also found and read today member naominash   post: Do we need Grace after we're saved. I appreciated reading Pekoudah:(" Grace is the power that Jesus walked in...modeled for us...so that we are also able to walk as he did.  We are to grow in grace and in the knowledge (experience) of Jesus Christ. )" and what Blood Bought 1953  wrote:(" sin. When your old Adamic Nature rears it’s ugly head, and it will, God’s Grace will cover it and all others sins until He gets you HOME.Sin in your life will be will become more and more sickening to you, and God will lovingly correct you if need be.Your Salvation will remain intact.... “ God will save to the uttermost , those that come to Him through Christ” Just give Him you trust He desires and “ He will finish the work He started”. REST in the finished work of the Cross, thank God for His Grace, and you will FIND yourself living a life that pleases God... ") Most post are promoting once saved always saved.

For sure I like that concept also of Once Saved, Always Saved, 

And if Once save always saved is correct    then i was always saved since a child as I was praying to Him from an early age, yet had still a lot to learn and made extremely many bad mistakes along the way, some that could have ended my life early.

And yes there is a passage where it says Christ will never let one of his be snatched away:

John 10:29 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. 29My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”…

After my 3rd warning from God and over the years after of hearing so many who say that you can loose your salvation, it made me reflect, that perhaps I was not really saved like I thought I was, until that 3rd warning when i really felt I had to make a serious decision to follow Christ or worse would come my way... Perhaps God was seriously warning that my life would be shortened? if I continued my path the way i was going? not loose my salvation in Him but loose my life  ?

In any regard, i am grateful i took the warning seriously and seeked Him even more fervently than ever before.  that is when i began to really see change happen and for the better in my life.

For sure we need to not fool ourselves to think we can willfully remain living in sin and claim to be saved. as some will say:Matthew 7:21-2321 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

i see so many warning passages in the bible that are clear warnings:  Philippians 2:12

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

1John ch1:

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Perhaps Once save always saved is true. IDK 100% ? and yes I would like to believe that? just when i look at my own life, when I thought I was saved -young-, but was still caught up in sin, not seeming able to overcome or have God overcome it for me, so was i truly saved? or was i fooling myself?  

In the once saved always save belief, it would mean that yes I have been saved since my youth regardless of my straying ways,

I once heard a pastor say, If you given your heart to the Lord, repented, and still go on sinning, you will still be saved but God may take you home early. That could be possible also and maybe those 3 warnings where warning of that possibility? , that He would take me home early.

However as things turned out for me, i know after Gods the 3rd warning time, I knew I had to let go of a lot of worldly thing in my life in order to get closer to Him. For sure i was talking and praying to Him during this time. From there I really began to seek God with my all, I developed such a hunger to read His Word like never before and began to see it speak to me and guide me more and more.This is also when I began to throw out a lot of worldly things from my life and fast.

I am very grateful that God did spare my life, and that I got to grow closer and closer to Him and place my trust more and more in Him so to experience His healing, His Love and Mercy working in Me and changing me. God now has healed me of so much, that I know it did not come form me, but what did come from me was a willingness to truly begin to obey Him and Trust in His Word.  I asked God to show me how to trust Him, because I did not know how to trust anybody. And He showed me how to trust Him. Amen!. and the more trust I placed in Him, the more i found He was abled to work in me.

I believe a good indicator of truly being saved and is joyfully and willingly living a daily relationship with Christ, and yearning to be close with Him and have a willingness learn more and more obeying and confidently trust in His and His Word over the world and its views and philosophies, as @ Blood Bought says:.Sin in your life will be will become more and more sickening to you,     And yes it has become that for me to,( now I can't believe the things I once did or liked that now seem very foreign to me) I don't want part of the old self and so seek daily His will over my own. Yes I believe that if we truly stick close to God, he will never leave us or abandon us.   

However everyday we are placed new tests of faith, and how we handle them, it is a good indicator of just how much Grace has encompassed us, how much we have grown and truly placed our trust in Him and His Word . We overcome through Him and in Him to the degree we let Him help us to overcome.  And for me, it took me a very long time to find that understanding.  I wounder sometimes of how different and better my life would have been, had I truly understood these things a lot earlier, as a teenager and young adult. But i was very caught up in mind traps, and world views and maturity and understanding was needed that I had not yet found then.  And so it took a lot of stumbling to finally wake up. I had a very strong spirit of rebellion that God finally broke through and removed from me among  other demonic spirits that attached to me through my choice involvement with sin. God did deliver me from the spirits of  resentment/anger, unforgiveness, and when these where lifted, some only a couple of years ago, my health improved and a lot if not most of my anxieties & depression left.   When you know better, you do better, For sure my life would have turned out very different had i truly and fully placed ALL my trust in God and His Word and remained obedient to them over also looking to try out the ways of the world at an earlier time. I am so very grateful my life was spared.

Definition of virtue:  goodness, virtuousness, righteousness, morality, ethicalness, uprightness, upstandingness, integrity, dignity, rectitude, honesty, honorableness, honorability, honor, incorruptibility, probity, propriety, decency, respectability, nobility, nobility of soul/spirit, nobleness, worthiness, worth, good, trustworthiness, meritoriousness, irreproachableness, blamelessness, purity, pureness, lack of corruption, merit;principles, high principles, ethics

Definiton of Gods Grace: Grace is a gift from Heavenly Father given through His Son, Jesus Christ. The word grace, as used in the scriptures, refers primarily to enabling power and spiritual healing offered through the mercy and love of Jesus Christ. ... The grace of God helps us every day.

Gods Grace helps us to gain virtue  as we grow in Him.

One thing I am sure of is: If I cleave to Christ and live by His Word I will always abide by and in Him

“When you know better, you do better.” You say this, and truer words were never spoken.You seem like an intelligent, insightful guy that Is in need of some fine tuning to clarify and verify your good instincts .I think you might benefit from listening to this guy—— check out  “ you tube Andrew Farley” God bless

in latter days, preachers will "tickle ears" instead of telling people ALL they NEED to know .. I agree that just preaching condemnation is wrong but ignoring it is as wrong .. there are righteous and unrighteous people .. if we continue in the faith and in obeying and doing God's Will, we shall have eternal life with Him .. if we choose to sin, we have two choices .. to repent or not .. if not, we are choosing to be in the lake of fire as believers who are unrepentant sinners .. if we choose to repent aka turn back to God aka change back to doing God's Will, not our own, we shall have life restored and eternal life with God .. our choices, our consequences .. God won't force us to come to Him or stay with Him or obey Him and no one else, including Satan, can force us .. all our choices are ours alone based on what and Who/who we choose to believe and follow/obey .. so, we must first wake up and accept salvation vs condemnation and how each is realised by us and how we can choose to make either a reality .. salvation is a gift earned by Christ's death for ALL but how ALL treat that gift is up to ALL .. the righteous choose eternal salvation and the unrighteous choose eternal punishment in the lake of fire .. which eternity will you choose? ..  

Posted (edited)

The most common translation of "repent" is "turn" or "return". Two requisites of repentance included in sub are "to turn from evil, and to turn to the good." Most critical theologically is the idea of returning to God, or turning away from evil. If one turns away from God, apostasy is indicated. Three times Ezekiel included God's call to the people of Israel: "Repent! Turn from your idols and renounce all your detestable practices!" "Repent! Turn away from all your offenses", "Turn! Turn from your evil ways". Such a call was characteristic of the prophets.

Confession of sins is both commanded and frequently illustrated. When one is guilty of various sins, "he must confess in what way he has sinned" in order to receive atonement and forgiveness. Thus, confession belongs to repentance, and is needed for divine forgiveness. A great prophecy/ promise is given in the Book of Isaiah: "The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins".

In the New Testament, the key term for repentance is metanoia - It has two usual senses: a "change of mind" and "regret/remorse." In both books of Mark and Matthew Jesus began his public proclamation with the call "Repent." In addition, Paul is said to have preached to both Jews and Gentiles/Greeks to "turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus"

Repentance is only a condition of salvation and not its meritorious ground. The motives for repentance are chiefly found in the goodness of God, in divine love, in the pleading desire to have sinners saved, in the inevitable consequences of sin, in the universal demands of the gospel, and in the hope of spiritual life and membership in the kingdom of heaven.

True repentance leads a person to say, "I have sinned"and prove it with a 180-degree change of their direction.
Repentance requires true brokenness.
Repentance is NOT asking the Lord for forgiveness with the intent to sin again.
Repentance is an honest, regretful acknowledgement of sin with commitment to change.
Repentance leads us to cultivate godliness while eradicating habits that lead into sin.

A Prayer for Daily Repentance
Dear Lord, thank you for your forgiveness. Thank you for not abandoning us to our mistakes, but for reaching out instead to bring us home. Help convict me of sin and help me accept your mercy without shame. Thank you for the love you have poured out for me and all of your children. Help me live out of that love today. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/repentance-bible-verses/

Edited by 1to3

Posted (edited)

I have a long-standing offer that is still good.I will hand over $10,000 to anyone that show me in the KJV that we must repent of sins to be saved.Hint: You ain’t gonna find it.....

Here’s some stuff that may or may not interest you......

God repented more than anyone in the Bible....

Judas not only repented, he paid restitution and was very sorry for what he had done.....He still went to hell...

The Gospel Of John says “ believe” 85 times, it says “ faith” 101 times and the word “ repent” 0 times...

We all are aware of at least one guy that was “ justified” or Saved because of his faith.The Publican that Jesus talked about.All he did to be justified or seen as“ just as if I never sinned” was to cry out to God — “God, have mercy  on me a sinner!” Did he make a promise to quit sinning? No.Therefore that shows that nobody has to make a vow to give up sins to be saved.All he did was turn to God as a lost sinner.Nothing more, yet it was enough.Repentance is  MANDANTORY fir Salvation, But one must know what repentance means before you become a member of the BODY of CHRIST.An unregenerate person lacks the Power to attempt to abandon sin seeing as to how he lacks the Holy Spirit .Before Salvation a person needs to repent in the sense of “ changing his mind” ( metanoia in the Greek) The day before the Publican cried out to God, He was doing just fine, deluded in the sin of self-righteousness- he was getting the job done without God’s mercy and forgiveness.He did not need it.Crying out to God the next day showed that he “ changed his mind”. He had abandoned all thoughts of being righteous before a Holy God on his own......he saw his need for mercy and forgiveness.....he “changed his mind” and saw that he was a lost sinner, NOT a good man on his way to Heaven just like he was.THAT is the repentance God demands for Salvation.God fulfilled His Promise to save all that come to Him with a contrite heart.God puts His Spirit in those that repent in this manner and now that this man is saved, he will find himself in a new battle.His new nature vs.his Old  Adamic Nature .One day he has one nature, the next day, after Salvation he has two.When he yields to the old Nature and sins, he automatically finds himself in the other type of repentance— the one that involves guilt and sorrow for sinning.So we  see that Salvation is a must for Salvation, but we must know which repentance we are referring to.

THE INCOMPATIBILITY OF FALSE TEACHING ON REPENTANCE WITH THE GOSPEL OF GRACE

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."
Galatians 1:8, 9.

"The word Metanoia is in every instance translated repentance. The word means a change of mind.  The common practice of reading into this word the thought of sorrow or heart anguish is responsible for much confusion in the field of Soteriology ... This definition of this word as it is used in the New Testament is fundamental.  Little or no progress can be made in a right induction of the Word of God on this theme, unless the true and accurate meaning of the word is discovered and defended throughout."  Chafer, Lewis Sperry. Systematic Theology, Vol. III.  (p. 372).

"Often the idea of believing is expressed by the word, repent (Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 8:22; 11:18; 17:30; 20:21; 26:20) ... The word means to change one's mind, and by its usage in the Book of Acts it means to change one's mind about Jesus of Nazareth being the Messiah.  This involves no longer thinking of Him as merely the carpenter's son of Nazareth, an imposter, but now receiving Him as both Lord (Jehovah) and Messiah. Thus, repentance as preached by the apostles was not a prerequisite to nor a consequence of salvation, but was actually the act of faith in Jesus which brought salvation to the one who repented."  Ryrie, Charles.  Biblical Theology of the New Testament.  (p. 116, 117).

"What place has repentance in salvation? Should we tell people to repent of their sins to be saved?  The Gospel of John is the Holy Spirit's Gospel Tract, written that men might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing they might have life through His name (20:31).  And it does not mention the word 'repentance'.  But that is only because repentance is a necessary part of saving faith.  Strictly speaking, the repentance means a 'change of mind'.  It is by no means the same thing as sorrow (II Corinthians 7:10).  Since it is not possible to an unbeliever to become a believer without changing his mind, it is therefore unnecessary to say anything about it.  The only thing for a man to do in order to be saved is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ: and to believe on Him is the same thing as receiving Him (John 1:11-13)."  Pettingill, William.  Bible Questions Answered.  (p. 215-216).

"But in order to clarify the subject, it may be well to observe carefully what repentance is not, and then to notice briefly what it is.  First, then repentance is not to be confounded with penitence... penitence is simply sorrow for sin... Nowhere is man exhorted to feel a certain amount of sorrow for his sins in order to come to Christ.  Second, penance is not repentance.  Penance is the effort in some way to atone for the wrong done...  In the third place, let us remember that reformation is not repentance...  Need I add that repentance then is not to be considered synonymous with joining a church or taking up one's religious duties, as people say.  It is not doing anything.  ...the Greek word, metanoia, which is translated 'repentance' in our English Bibles, literally means a change of mind."  Ironside, Harry.  Except Ye Repent.  (p. 12-15).

"When thinking of the word repent or repentance, there are at least two general ideas that are not repentance.  Repentance does not mean to be sorry for some wrong I have done...  Some may think repentance is promising to do good.  I do not want to seem to be too harsh, but how much good is it going to do for anyone to promise to do good?  ...Repentance is primarily a judgment about myself.  The expression is often used which has an awkward translation into English is 'repenting of our sins'.  Actually this is not a sound idea.  The reason it is so awkward to say is that man does not 'repent his sins' nor does he 'repent of his sins', he repents himself.  Repentance is judgment upon myself whereby I admit that I am not good...  Repentance is a very important matter.  Because it is not until I am willing to acknowledge before God that I am nothing in myself that I will believe the Gospel."  Gutzke, Manford.  Plain Talk About Christian Words.  (p. 122, 123).

"It is our purpose to discuss the Scriptural doctrine of repentance.  It is important because so many minds have been confused concerning the simplicity of salvation by the perversion of the Scriptural teaching of this important doctrine... The doctrine has suffered tremendously from an erroneous concept held by most men, for when the word 'repent' is used, it brings to mind of the average individual the thought of sorrow for sin... And this sorrow for sin is usually called 'repentance'.  But there could be nothing further from the concept of the Word of God than the idea that repentance means sorrow for sins.  From the Word of God we discover that the word translated 'repent' means 'a change of mind'...  Now, such as change of mind as the Scripture enjoins when it speaks of repentance may produce a sorrow for sin, but it will be the result after one has seen his sin in the light of holiness of God and has changed his attitude toward it."  Pentecost, J. Dwight.  Things Which Become Sound Doctrine.  (p. 61, 62).

"Repent of Sin."  This often-quoted phrase does not even occur in the Bible.  Most people are quite shocked to find that it does not appear in the Scriptures.  Nowhere does the Scripture use the phrase, "repent of sin" to be saved.  Scripture does say in Acts 20:21, "repentance toward God" ("change of mind", and "faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ").

Repentance is the translation of the Greek word "metanoia".  The literal meaning of "metanoia" is "a change of mind".  "Meta" means, "change".  "Noia" means "mind".  So, therefore, "meta-noia" means a "change of mind".  Before learning about metanoia, I am sure that you are already familiar with a Greek word with the prefix "meta".  That word is "metamorphosis".  "Meta" means "change", and "morphosis" means "form or structure".  This word metamorphosis is used to describe the change a caterpillar goes through to become a beautiful butterfly.  I am sure that you have studied about this change of form.  Repentance, therefore, (metanoia) is a change of mind.

This misuse of the word repentance has caused untold confusion among believers and unbelievers alike.  Satan, the author of confusion (I Corinthians 14:33), has delighted in this misuse of the word repentance.  One of the counterfeits Satan is using today is the misuse of the word repentance.  To insist upon repentance that in any sense includes a demand for a change of conduct either toward God or man is to add an element of works or human effort to faith.

Let's define.  Penance is payment for sin.  Penitence is sorrow for sin.  Works and something of self is turning from sin.  But repentance (metanoia) means a change of mind.  Man's great need is to understand God's way of salvation and accept His sacrifice.  Repentance in salvation means a change of mind from any idea of religion that man might have and accepting God's way of salvation.  "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16)."

Why do we have the problem?  The problem has come about because "metanoia" should never have been translated in the English word "repent".  "Repent" (English word) does not mean the same thing as "metanoia" (Greek word).  Perhaps what the translators should have done is a "transliteration" of the Greek word.  For example: the translators of the King James Bible took the Greek word "baptizo"-they dropped the "o" and replaced it with an "e".  They brought the new word "baptize" into the English language.  This is called a transliteration.  They should have done this with "metanoia" and the problem would have been eliminated.  Can you imagine preachers saying "metanoia" to their congregations?  At least the correct meaning would be known.

Understanding the doctrine may relieve some of the confusion you or your friends may have had concerning repentance.  Here is a way to get a handle on it.  Remember this, "A person may 'repent' without 'believing', but a person can't 'believe' without 'repenting'."  A person may "repent" (change their mind) without "believing" (trusting Christ), but a person can't "believe" (trust in Christ) without "repenting" (having changed their mind).

Repentance is necessary for salvation, but keep it in mind that it means "a change of mind".  Dr. C. I. Scofield, in the Scofield Reference Bible (copyrighted in 1909) has the following footnote, "Repentance is the translation of a Greek word (metanoia-metanoeo) meaning 'to have another mind', 'to change the mind', and is used in the New Testament to indicate a change of mind in respect of sin, of God and of self.  This change of mind may, especially in the case of Christians who have fallen into sin, be preceded by sorrow (II Corinthians 7:8-11), but sorrow for sin, though it may 'work' repentance, is not repentance.  The son in Matthew 21:28, 29 illustrates true repentance.  Saving faith includes and implies that change of mind which is called repentance."  Dr. Scofield clearly points out that "saving faith" includes and implies that change of mind, which is called repentance.

One misunderstanding is to say that the word repentance must be used in order to be teaching repentance.  If that were true, we would have thrown out the gospel of John from the New Testament.  Think of this in the light of why John's gospel was written, "But these are written that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you might have life through His name (John 20:31)."

Repentance, you see, is taught in John 3:16.  A person can't believe (trust) in Christ as taught in John 3:16 without repenting (changing his mind) in the process.

"Repentance, as it relates to Christ, means to change our minds about Him, who He is and what He's done to provide forgiveness, and deliverance from our sins.  When we place faith in Jesus as having taken our place personally on the cross and borne the penalty due our sins, then we're automatically repenting, because we couldn't accept Him in this way without having had to change our minds in some way concerning Him."  Hal Lindsey.  The Liberation of Planet Earth.  (p. 133).

Salvation is by faith and not by works according to the Scriptures (Ephesians 2:8, 9; Romans 4:5).  Let's not become tools of the devil to add works to salvation in a subtle way by the misuse of repentance.  Let's give out a clear message!  (I Corinthians 14:8).

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, silviawang said:

Removed the original post -- George

Just a suggestion. It would be advisable to tone down on derogatory terminology by the use of what we in the United States and other countries consider inappropriate slang. I'm speaking of the 'N' word. Not allowed, and a violation of the ToS = Terms of Service. Please do not use words like that here. We have numerous members that would take extreme offense in it, myself included. Thank you. 

On 7/13/2019 at 4:29 PM, Justin Adams said:

I think that sometimes when such words as 'CONDEMNATION' and others that are similar come into a posting title, that the unclean spirits all flock around and make us aware of their part in all this. They just cannot miss the opportunity to mock and use others to mock. It is something I have seen before. It is like a magnet for controversy, discord, accusations and unkindness. Does anyone else see this?? 

Are there any other such words you can add to make a list, so when I see them I would start  running . Ha, ha.  :horse:

Your statement is just silly.  

3 minutes ago, silviawang said:

The Removed post is about the racial discrimination ---the chinese men hate the chinese women who married black men---to cover the eyes do not means the evil is not exist,only cause the problem worse

No Silvia, it wasn't your racist remarks particularly. Although that also is in violation of the ToS=Terms of Service. It was the use of that chosen word used, and you should be aware of that. Okay? Now you are all worked up about things, and I don't blame you for being upset about the conditions in your country. It's just that you do need to tone it down a bit. Let the peace of God that passes all understanding flood your soul with comfort. God bless you, dear. I'm going back to bed... :047: 

Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds though Christ Jesus  KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

No Silvia, it wasn't your racist remarks particularly. Although that also is in violation of the ToS=Terms of Service. It was the use of that chosen word used, and you should be aware of that. Okay? Now you are all worked up about things, and I don't blame you for being upset about the conditions in your country. It's just that you do need to tone it down a bit. Let the peace of God that passes all understanding flood your soul with comfort. God bless you, dear. I'm going back to bed... :047: 

Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds though Christ Jesus  KJV

The purpose I told the racial discrimination situation in china,is for the awareness the evil

Y do not want see the true evilness of mankind,but appeal no CONDEMNATION to the evil

Can y find truth in this way???

Edited by silviawang

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

Are there any other such words you can add to make a list, so when I see them I would start  running . Ha, ha.  :horse:

Your statement is just silly.  

You proved my point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this