Church color

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  64

Sunday at church we were in for a surprise the front of the church was painted black and it was painted forward into the church area about 1/5 of  the side walls.  I had heard some painting would be done but never expected the color black.  I understand that this maybe partially for the projection of lyrics although we had,  I forget the name, something there before to show the lyrics.    I know it's not an issue for fighting but I still felt very strange to me to see all that black in the church.  It was not told to us at the last church meeting that it would be black.  

What do you think?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

The current church we go to has a predominantly black backdrop and ceiling behind the main platform which does help visibility of projection screens and other things.  I think it's a combination of curtains and painted areas.  The previous one we went to primarily had woodwork, decorative trims, plants, etc. with some nondescript beige or gray walls.   I guess I just got used to them as they are.  It never even registered with me that black was the predominant color on the back wall behind the platform of our current church until I saw this thread.

On the other hand, if the color and decoration scheme of the two churches were interchanged, it'd be a huge shock to the system for awhile.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

19 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

Sunday at church we were in for a surprise the front of the church was painted black and it was painted forward into the church area about 1/5 of  the side walls.  I had heard some painting would be done but never expected the color black.  I understand that this maybe partially for the projection of lyrics although we had,  I forget the name, something there before to show the lyrics.    I know it's not an issue for fighting but I still felt very strange to me to see all that black in the church.  It was not told to us at the last church meeting that it would be black.  

What do you think?

I'm curious who took it upon themselves to do that. Usually there are committees that make decisions like that, and when an important decision has to be made, the whole church takes a vote.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

22 hours ago, Amanda Frances said:

What do you think?

Black? :blink: I think that it should have been brought up before the congregation with several different colors and they should have voted. Obviously no one with any kind of taste made the decision. 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  64

I am praying about it.. 

I remembered later that it was said it would be really different or something to that effect.

The leaders are Godly and not questioning that in anyway but not sure why more people were involved.   Maybe because the church is 

small 80 people I think.

Thanks for your input everyone.  

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

Why not ask the pastor why it was not made clear that this was going to happen at the last church meeting.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I wouldn't like black for inside of a church.  (I hardly ever wear black...the one black top I have has red roses on it.)   Would be interesting to find out whose idea it was for the church.   I know you are being nice about the decision.   I wonder what visitors' opinions will be about the black?   If it is negative, they might paint it another color eventually.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Doesn't a projector normally come with a screen? That, or they could just roll out a large black board to project it on, rather than being so gauche about interior decoration.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 7/11/2019 at 1:39 PM, Amanda Frances said:

What do you think?

were the lyrics easier to see...   not sure how to project on black unless they are just using white letters...  I don't know enough about it to really understand..  pictures might help.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/11/2019 at 7:39 PM, Amanda Frances said:

What do you think?

Its weird to choose black as a colour for the church, but i guess the leader can do hat he wants. I still do believe that he/she should have asked the followers of that church first. If you knew then you should of said something. I am sure that the leader did something that made sense, although there are exceptions.