Reinitin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

I been reading alot of what people are writing.

I wonder do you know the wages of sin are death?

Do you know we accept that judgment of God confess our sin and enter a guilty plea at the cross throwing ourself on the mercies of the court?

That we are barried with Christ and counted dead no more arguments over us with Satan  in the heavenly courts?

Then in recieving the Holy Spirit we are given a new life?

I think a lot of Christian are still trying to justify sin, their sin and are still fighting Gods judgement, Satan's accusations, their flesh, Holy Spirits conviction of sin, encouragments for rightouessnes and warning about Gods judgments  because they haven't entered a guilty plea at the cross.

Let's study all this? And see if we can make all this very clear with scripture and get some of these torrential souls some relief.

Please.. first question for debate.. 

Is it a firm non wavering judgement of God that the wages of sin are death? Please post scriptures for and against that statement being an absolute truth. 

Edited by Reinitin
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

That is a good idea Ms Reinitin.
Thing is, I find everyone has an ax to grind about some particular and often personal issue. Sin is what carried our Lord to the cross. If you look at the mercy seat, the Cherubs guarding that throne were bowed with wings spread (throne guardians). Inside was the law and a couple other items. When the Holy Lamb's Blood was sprinkled on that mercy seat, God did not see our sin (the law) but the blood of our Redeemer. A once and for all time propitiation to free us from that slavery and place us in His Family.

So anyone that wishes to justify their sin has absolutely no 'air-time' with God in His Kingdom. In fact I would imagine Him being quite upset at that thought.

We all fall far short. This I know from personal experience. Like Saul (St. Paul) said: I do the things I desire not to do and fail to do the things I wish to do. Oh wretched man that I am. Who shall deliver me from this body of sin. The body of sin was referring to that horrible Roman custom of attaching to the murderer the dead body of the one he killed. They were forced to wear this object of putrefaction until it quite literally fell apart. Horrible thought, but it gives us an idea of what he meant and was thinking of. Yes we should NOT carry about with us the very bad smell of death - it permeates everything and nobody would get near us.

That is a good visual of sin.

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

That is a good idea Ms Reinitin.
Thing is, I find everyone has an ax to grind about some particular and often personal issue. Sin is what carried our Lord to the cross. If you look at the mercy seat, the Cherubs guarding that throne were bowed with wings spread (throne guardians). Inside was the law and a couple other items. When the Holy Lamb's Blood was sprinkled on that mercy seat, God did not see our sin (the law) but the blood of our Redeemer. A once and for all time propitiation to free us from that slavery and place us in His Family.

So anyone that wishes to justify their sin has absolutely no 'air-time' with God in His Kingdom. In fact I would imagine Him being quite upset at that thought.

We all fall far short. This I know from personal experience. Like Saul (St. Paul) said: I do the things I desire not to do and fail to do the things I wish to do. Oh wretched man that I am. Who shall deliver me from this body of sin. The body of sin was referring to that horrible Roman custom of attaching to the murderer the dead body of the one he killed. They were forced to wear this object of putrefaction until it quite literally fell apart. Horrible thought, but it gives us an idea of what he meant and was thinking of. Yes we should NOT carry about with us the very bad smell of death - it permeates everything and nobody would get near us.

That is a good visual of sin.

:) Aaron's  dead twig that bloomed is in the mercy seat. 

Edited by Reinitin
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

thanks for posting this

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,355
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

5 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Do you know we accept that judgment of God confess our sin and enter a guilty plea at the cross throwing ourself on the mercies of the court?

That we are barried with Christ and counted dead no more arguments over us with Satan  in the heavenly courts?

I think a lot of Christian are still trying to justify sin, their sin and are still fighting Gods judgement, Satan's accusations, their flesh, Holy Spirits conviction of sin, encouragments for rightouessnes and warning about Gods judgments  because they haven't entered a guilty plea at the cross.

Let's study all this? And see if we can make all this very clear with scripture and get some of these torrential souls some relief.

Is it a firm non wavering judgement of God that the wages of sin are death? Please post scriptures for and against that statement being an absolute truth. 

Praise the Lord Ms. Reinitin, the Lord is using you in the above post, please continue in your study. 

John 8:31-32 31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

In my experience and study I find myself wanting more people to become a doer of the words of Christ and with the Apostles Doctrine which is the foundation of our walk of faith and works.

Acts 2:41-42 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day. 42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

I will be in prayer for you all, and thanks for the encouragement.  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29

I agree we do come to christ guilty of sin. Death is the penalty.  When we trust christ we are forgiven. And death no more has us in its power. Christ came to destroy the works of the devil. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Reinitin said:

:) Aaron's  dead twig that bloomed is in the mercy seat. 

The Ark also has some manna in it......

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Reinitin said:

People tend to not accept the truth of one verse (that sounds impossible to obey) in order to seemingly confirm the truth of another (that the flesh can willingly accept).

So the truth has a polarity. There are 2 sides to the truth. One part seems hard and the other seems easy. We are not to pick the aspect of the truth we prefer while denying the other one.

Now people will justify themselves by denying the part of the truth that would appear to condemn them...as in...the wages of sin is death ...this is an ongoing true statement. It remains firmly established as scriptural truth. The other pole of the truth begins with...BUT.... the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus. People like to make a choice of the latter statement while denying the first. As if one aspect of the truth could be selected as needed while denying the other.

People will take this (because they want this) to mean that they are saved IN their sins...because of the gift of God. As if the gift of God was given to negate the truth. But that's not the truth. The truth doesn't change, or is destroyed, by a gift from God. God never works against the truth. But people do...they will twist the meaning of the scriptures to get a pass AROUND the truth.

So what the dual polarity concerning truth means is that through the gift of grace....we overcome the sin that was previously taking us to death. The truth is not being understood if we have to make a lie out of one half of the bible.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

…And so we know who these people are.  They are the unsaved.  …the UNSAVED.

Unsaved from what? Their sins?

I personally don't like these kinds of labels. A label is something we try making ourselves fit into....rather than just to be what we are supposed to be.

Jesus came to set us free from our prison cells....our bondage to sin. He came to lift up our heads so that we could walk upright in holiness. He came to redeem us from this world and from our desire for it.

But many would have Jesus come only to forgive our sins...not become the power in us to overcome sins as He did.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Reinitin said:

So then, let's ask the questions first.  What is sin ?, are there levels of sin ?.  Do some born again believer never sin, while others do ?.

You see, the line of questions is to be practical about sin in our daily lives here.  What some believers consider sin, others have total disagreement and they continue to live life as a believer who is just as the other person who thinks opposite of a particular act.  

Use the example of drink and smoke.   Some say nothing is wrong in having a few drinks, while other think it is a sin to do so and total abstinence should be the way pleasing to live righteously. 

The heart, who can know it and how and who judges it. 

• Thumbs Up 1