• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

7 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

So then, let's ask the questions first.  What is sin ?, are there levels of sin ?.  Do some born again believer never sin, while others do ?.

You see, the line of questions is to be practical about sin in our daily lives here.  What some believers consider sin, others have total disagreement and they continue to live life as a believer who is just as the other person who thinks opposite of a particular act.  

Use the example of drink and smoke.   Some say nothing is wrong in having a few drinks, while other think it is a sin to do so and total abstinence should be the way pleasing to live righteously. 

The heart, who can know it and how and who judges it. 

i think it amusing we condemn smokers, but  gluttony which  the Bible addresses specifically gets a pass?   :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Praise the Lord Ms. Reinitin, the Lord is using you in the above post, please continue in your study. 

John 8:31-32 31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

In my experience and study I find myself wanting more people to become a doer of the words of Christ and with the Apostles Doctrine which is the foundation of our walk of faith and works.

Acts 2:41-42 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day. 42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

I will be in prayer for you all, and thanks for the encouragement.  

Walter, Deb, 

Today, if you faced your imminent  death. Could you kneel at the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Knowing you have sinned against God and his judgment against sin is rightouess and true? 

For the wages of sin are death.

And say, yes amen, I am guilty, I accept Gods Judgement?

And will you give me 2 or 3 scriptures (clearly stated with no narrative) that encourage you and give you the knowing that excepting Gods judgment and accepting your death is the path to a new life.

Today, if you faced your imminent  death. Could you kneel at the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Knowing you have sinned against God and his judgment against sin is rightouess and true? 

For the wages of sin are death.

And say, yes amen, I am guilty, I accept Gods Judgement? Walk away from all your irons in the fire. You loved ones all your worldly hopes and dreams accept they end today and follow Jesus into the grave accepting Gods judgement? Take hold of that cross where our Lord is dieing and except the judgment of God and your death? Listing to him say I'm thirsty, hearing him cry abba father, why have you forsaken me? Having his blood drip onto your hands and you? Can you trust him and die guilty of sin, Today?

Give 2 or 3 clear scriptures, no commintary no opinion why you could die Today and trust the Lord and walk into that unknown, leaving everything in your life.

And will you give me 2 or 3 scriptures (clearly stated with no narrative) that encourage you and give you the knowing that excepting Gods judgment and accepting your death is the path to a new life.

If you do not believe we kneel at the cross and except a judgment on all our sin willing to die Today with hope. 

Please give 2 or 3 scriptures that clearly state your belief. (No commentary, no opinion. God clearly absorbing you of his judgement of Sin and death.

The wages of sin are death is not an absolute truth and the reality because?????

Edited by Reinitin

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

So then, let's ask the questions first.  What is sin ?, are there levels of sin ?.  Do some born again believer never sin, while others do ?.

You see, the line of questions is to be practical about sin in our daily lives here.  What some believers consider sin, others have total disagreement and they continue to live life as a believer who is just as the other person who thinks opposite of a particular act.  

Use the example of drink and smoke.   Some say nothing is wrong in having a few drinks, while other think it is a sin to do so and total abstinence should be the way pleasing to live righteously. 

The heart, who can know it and how and who judges it. 

Breaking of God's Law. Rebellion against God's Soveignty. Refusing  him his right as creator to govern your life and this world. Stubborn defiance. No trust in his instruction or his judgment.

Betraying him, abandoning him, rejecting Him, ignoring him, twisting what he said, so we can get what we want. Even insulting him and hating him, cursing him, defieing him, complaint he is unjust, unfair, tyrannical.

Wanting to be God and Lord over our own life and create are own destiny for ourselves suppying for ourselves the needs of our flesh.

Using food, drugs, sex, alcohol, blood letting (cutting ourselves and tatooing ourselves) and charms and sacrifices and spells and money, to use people, lie to people, fabricate things to be able to cope and feed our desires in our flesh and create a sence of well being.

Will you grab that cross of the Lord Jesus Christ, The Son of God that submitted to Gods judgment of sin and die with him today guilty of sin?

Or is there another way?

Give 2 or 3 clear scriptures.

Edited by Reinitin

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Reinitin said:

:) Aaron's  dead twig that bloomed is in the mercy seat. 

That's what I also thought, along with the golden pot of manna. But doing a study on it, I discovered at some point they must have been removed. I had thought maybe they decayed; but the golden pot would not have decayed. Where and when did they go??? The very last recorded time in the Bible the Ark was opened (2 Chronicles 5:10), Aaron's budding rod and the golden pot of manna were gone.

2 Chronicles 5:10 (KJV) There was nothing in the ark save the two tables which Moses put therein at Horeb, when the LORD made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of Egypt.

Hebrews 9:4 (KJV) Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

That's what I also thought, along with the golden pot of manna. But doing a study on it, I discovered at some point they must have been removed. I had thought maybe they decayed; but the golden pot would not have decayed. Where and when did they go??? The very last recorded time in the Bible the Ark was opened (2 Chronicles 5:10), Aaron's budding rod and the golden pot of manna were gone.

2 Chronicles 5:10 (KJV) There was nothing in the ark save the two tables which Moses put therein at Horeb, when the LORD made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of Egypt.

Hebrews 9:4 (KJV) Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

That is an awesome study.. thanks for bringing it up.. maybe I'll have time to start that soon..

Edited by Reinitin

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Jostler said:

i think it amusing we condemn smokers, but  gluttony which  the Bible addresses specifically gets a pass?   :)

So does gossiping and I am ducking right now.  :secret-talk:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Let's Go and debate this.. backing up.. what is sin? 2 or 3 verses that are very clear. No opinions no commentary.. 2 or 3 clear verses in God's word? Does any one know what sin is?

3 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

A sinner who comes to Christ is saved from the bondage of sin and death.  

Romans 6:22-23 King James Version (KJV)

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

How did you get free?