• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Spock said:

I can’t read this post in green, but I will say, reread Marilyn’s post for wisdom.

Sorry about the green, You can read it above there on Page ten, as I copied it from my comment to Justin Adams.

22 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

One last point that I want to make about the revealing of Jesus and his coming,  is that Paul says that we are gathered "unto him".    We not only have a non - concurrent fulfilment of REVELATION,  we have Jesus coming to planet earth with the kingdom,  AT the 7th trumpet.

I Agree with You on this point. And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Rev. 11:15)

Disagree regarding the man of sin not being in the Olivet Discourse.... The Abomination of Desolation is the Man of sin standing in the Holy place and declaring himself God. Like the Abomination committed by Antiochus, The abominable action comes first, and the time of desolations follows. In the end times it is 42 months, In the case of Antiochus it was 2300 days. Here is a link that uses the Geneva Study Bible to explain this fulfillment. Antiochus armies seized Jerusalem, and Antiochus Epiphanes declared himself God, Slaughtered Pigs on the Alter and placed a statue of Zeus there. This TYPE of the end time events is there for an example to us of the end time events that will transpire as Well, for Jesus clearly said there is another Abomination coming. The Long understood concept that the abomination is committed in the Middle of the final week is due to what I believe is an error of translation in the KJV of Daniel 9:27, Of the Word Midst of, or Half of the week. So Like the Olivet discourse, I place the abomination as the first event of the Final week.

http://christianitybeliefs.org/end-times-deceptions/the-little-horn-and-2300-days-of-daniel-8/

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (KJV) 

And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week,[fn] and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.” (ESV)

This I feel is one of the rare cases where the KJV is wrong. The KJV reads better except for The translation of the Word MIDST, Or HALF. In fact the word chetsiy  is translated as half 108x and as midst only 9x as midst, and middle. What this effectively does, is places revelation 13:1 At the very Start of the Week, Thus being cohesive in chronology with the Olivet Discourse, and 2 Thess. 2. What this also does, is that it distinguishes the beast of rev. 13:1 from the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit, thus effectively adding a fourth character to the side of the Dragon. This Fourth beast that ascends out of the Bottomless pit does not have crowns, and his name means destruction, or Perdition, hence people confusing them with each other, as the man of sin goes onto destruction/ Perdition. this fourth beast ascend out of the bottomless Pit during the fifth seal, and the beast of revelation 13:1 is already at work then. 

Here is another important distinction to make, re: the beast of Rev. 13:1 ONLY one of his heads receives a mortal wound. Then the second beast, the false prophet who is said to heal that wound, Many say this is the second half of the final week, But one word destroys this theory, and that is "Before". In the English, Before can mean in sight of or front of, like "he stood before the King", and it can mean ahead of in chronology, Like "Obama was the president before Trump". In Greek there are two separate and distinct words used for each of these, In the following verse many have seen and understood it in the second way, when in fact the Word is the Word for in sight of.

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. (Rev 13:12)

Do you at the very least see, how everything people have taught about the end times, By the scribes of the church needs to be re-examined? Some will never take the time to do this, and miss all of these sorts of nuances. Nuances that change the whole timeline, because they are so stuck in their preconceived understanding. We all carry this baggage around with us. whether it is a Sunday school teacher, or a college professor, or an end times teacher on TV. 

So Who is the beast out of the Bottomless Pit, and who is the Woman that rides her? 

1 minute ago, dhchristian said:

Disagree regarding the man of sin not being in the Olivet Discourse.... The Abomination of Desolation is the Man of sin standing in the Holy place and declaring himself God. Like the Abomination committed by Antiochus, The abominable action comes first, and the time of desolations follows. In the end times it is 42 months, In the case of Antiochus it was 2300 days. Here is a link that uses the Geneva Study Bible to explain this fulfillment. Antiochus armies seized Jerusalem, and Antiochus Epiphanes declared himself God, Slaughtered Pigs on the Alter and placed a statue of Zeus there. This TYPE of the end time events is there for an example to us of the end time events that will transpire as Well, for Jesus clearly said there is another Abomination coming. The Long understood concept that the abomination is committed in the Middle of the final week is due to what I believe is an error of translation in the KJV of Daniel 9:27, Of the Word Midst of, or Half of the week. So Like the Olivet discourse, I place the abomination as the first event of the Final week.

http://christianitybeliefs.org/end-times-deceptions/the-little-horn-and-2300-days-of-daniel-8/

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (KJV) 

And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week,[fn] and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.” (ESV)

This I feel is one of the rare cases where the KJV is wrong. The KJV reads better except for The translation of the Word MIDST, Or HALF. In fact the word chetsiy  is translated as half 108x and as midst only 9x as midst, and middle. What this effectively does, is places revelation 13:1 At the very Start of the Week, Thus being cohesive in chronology with the Olivet Discourse, and 2 Thess. 2. What this also does, is that it distinguishes the beast of rev. 13:1 from the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit, thus effectively adding a fourth character to the side of the Dragon. This Fourth beast that ascends out of the Bottomless pit does not have crowns, and his name means destruction, or Perdition, hence people confusing them with each other, as the man of sin goes onto destruction/ Perdition. this fourth beast ascend out of the bottomless Pit during the fifth seal, and the beast of revelation 13:1 is already at work then. 

Here is another important distinction to make, re: the beast of Rev. 13:1 ONLY one of his heads receives a mortal wound. Then the second beast, the false prophet who is said to heal that wound, Many say this is the second half of the final week, But one word destroys this theory, and that is "Before". In the English, Before can mean in sight of or front of, like "he stood before the King", and it can mean ahead of in chronology, Like "Obama was the president before Trump". In Greek there are two separate and distinct words used for each of these, In the following verse many have seen and understood it in the second way, when in fact the Word is the Word for in sight of.

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. (Rev 13:12)

Do you at the very least see, how everything people have taught about the end times, By the scribes of the church needs to be re-examined? Some will never take the time to do this, and miss all of these sorts of nuances. Nuances that change the whole timeline, because they are so stuck in their preconceived understanding. We all carry this baggage around with us. whether it is a Sunday school teacher, or a college professor, or an end times teacher on TV. 

Well, I had not intended to get into this here yet, But this will suffice as an introduction to the third part. In The first Part we saw the day of The Lord, and what it looks like, in the second part we differentiated this from the day of Christ. Da Puppers did a great job of elaborating on this day, so read his comment to which I replied before. This next Part is on the characters, which I commented on above. Now, I am painting a picture for you, a timeline it may look like, but a picture of the final week is what it is. In the Above comment, we have established (Whether you agree or not is not the point), That the abomination is the first event of the final week for Israel. We have established that the man of sin, and the false prophet work together hand in hand, and he is elevated and empowered by the Dragon, Thus we see the unholy trinity of the Dragon, The man of sin/beast, and the false prophet.

Know this, that Satan and his angels roam the second heaven right now, They are not chained in the Bottomless Pit, But there are fallen angels chained at the bottomless pit. You can find this in the book of Enoch and is confirmed by the following verse in 2 Peter.

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, G5020 and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; (2 Peter 2:4)

The Word hell is Tartaroo, in this case, and means the abyss of hell. This is the only time this word is used in the Greek for hell, and is synonymous with the Bottomless pit. Here is a link to a video that describes Satan, His angels, and the fallen angels, if you do not fully understand these things. (I guess I can't post videos here, so go to the channel AoC Network, and the title of the video is "Satan's Location..." Posted on July 16th of this year)

Most churches do not speak of the book of Enoch where a lot of this comes from, Though there are hints of this in the Word of God. Here is a Quote from The Book of Enoch that describes these events.

And again the Lord said to Raphael: 'Bind Azazel hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening in the desert, which is in Dudael, and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may not see light. And on the day of the great judgement, he shall be cast into the fire. (Enoch 10:4-7)  

Here we see Azazel, a word that is translated as "scapegoat" in the KJV with regards to the place in the Wilderness where one of the Goats on the day of atonement was released. This is a Known place DUDAEL above, or Jabbal Muntarr, also Known as Mount Azazel (I believe R Hartono posted a link on this site to this location here?) It is east of Jerusalem overlooking the dead sea, and here in the wilderness, the goat was released. Now Notice, the scarlet beast comes out of the wilderness.

So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. (Rev 17:3)

This is also the place where the Woman of Rev. 12 goes into hiding....

And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. (Rev 12:6,14)

And He emerges out of the wilderness with a harlot riding atop him. Coincidence???

So we have established four characters, as opposed to three as most scholars assume, and verses that many scholars have used to identify the man of sin found in revelation 17 do not apply to the man of sin, Antichrist. The Dragon, the beast and the false prophet are contemporary with one another, in the first half of the week. The Day of Christ when he kills the man of Sin comes some time in the middle of the final week after the Antichrist's 42 month reign... The beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit comes during the fifth trumpet, Kills the two witnesses Who have prophesied during that 42 months, and is seen riding out of the wilderness with a harlot on his back, he does not have any crowns, but is given crowns by ten kings at the end of rev. 17, in order to destroy the Harlot riding atop it.

9 minutes ago, Da Puppers said:

Am I understanding this statement right?...

Like the Abomination committed by Antiochus,The abominable action comes first, andthe time of desolations follows. 

That you place the 1290 days at the beginning of the 70th week?   [I agree with that assessment.   And to that I would say that this is one of the most fundamental building blocks to eschatology that almost no one gets it right.  I do want to "pick your brain" and dialogue about our beliefs].

Yes that is what I am saying. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

This is interesting. Does anyone think it strange our president has the name Trump?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

14 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi RM,

Here is a short article from Joel Richardson on the 2300 days/evenings.

THE 2,300 EVENINGS AND MORNINGS OF DANIEL 8

One of the Danielic passages that has plagued interpreters is Daniel 8:14, wherein two angels, Gabriel and another, are discussing the vision of Daniel 8, specifically the little horn, the desolating sacrilege he will carry out against the Jewish temple, and how long it will take for these things to be completed, until the temple is “properly restored”. The specific time frame designated is “2,300 evenings and mornings.” In this short article, I will explain my conclusion concerning this time period.

Because this commentary pertains only to a small segment of the larger passage, I should say that I espouse the “consistent-futurist interpretation” of this passage. What this means is that many futurist interpreters look at the vision of Daniel 8 and divide it into two segments. Verses 3-8, which speak of the ram, the goat, and the four conspicuous horns that emerge out of the goat, are interpreted as being historical. Verses 9-12, which speak of the little horn, are interpreted as having an historical fulfillment in Antiochus Epiphanies, but only as a type, whereas its ultimate fulfillment is in the last days in the person of Antichrist. The consistent-futurist interpretation views the whole vision as having its ultimate fulfillment in the last days. The events of history serve only as a type.

I see only verses 3-8 as about Alexander the Great and his Four Generals, and verses 9-12 skips to the Anti-Christ. I am not saying Antiochus wasn't a TYPE, and he placed Jason a TYPE False Prophet as the High Priest also, but in Dan. 8 it goes straight to the end times if we follow the clues.

Dan. 8:17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

Verses 20-22 then tell us about the Media and Persia battles with Greece, then it speaks of Alexander the Great as the King of Grecia and the 4 Generals:

THEN WE GET THIS: Dan.8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up. {These describe the Anti-Christ, not Antiochus}

24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: {Rev. 13:5} and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

1.) Gabriel clearly tells Daniel this will happen at the TIME OF THE END, not of the End of the 3rd Beasts reign. And its an APPOINTED TIME just like in Dan. chapter 12 at the End Time. 

2.) He also mentions this will happen when the transgressors are come full, that means End Time Judgment !! God's Wrath is thus filled to overflowing.

3.) He has a Fierce Countenance, he understands DARK SENTENCES which means he understands riddles and conundrums via Dark Powers, see Matt. 24:24, he performs miracles/wonders.

4.) His power is MIGHTY but not by his own power. Well,  Rev. 13:5 says the SAME THING..........5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

5.) He destroys Israel, now Antiochus killed many Jews, some say 80,000, but the Maccabeans Revolted and ultimately won. This man kills the 2/3 who do not repent, and if Jesus had not come back when he did {does} he would have no doubt killed them all.

6.) He maginfies himself in his heart. Meanwhile, Antiochus Worshiped Zeus.

7.) By Peace he DESTROYS MANY, Antiochus never took this line of Governance. 

8.) He stands up against Jesus {Prince of princes} and gets defeated by the VOICE of Jesus proclaiming victory. Just like Daniel chapter 2 says . WITHOUT HANDS. So these clues match the Anti-Christ in every facet of his being. 

14 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

The 2,300 day interpretation (applied to Antichrist): I believe that any serious consideration of the arguments for both positions will lead one to acknowledge that a far more solid case stands for 2,300 days as opposed to half that number. C.F. Keil has set the bar in offering the best argument for this position, devoting nine pages to this one issue. His argument summarized is that the phrase “evenings and mornings” would have been clearly understood as referring to a single day and a “Hebrew reader could not possibly understand” it to mean anything other than 2,300 days.8 Keil points out that in Old Testament usage, an evening and morning specified a complete day. This is the usage throughout the entire first chapter of the Bible in fact, describing the first week of creation: “And there was evening and there was morning, one day” (Gen. 1:5). It is the same usage during the flood wherein we have “forty days and forty nights” (Gen. 7:4,12). And so also is the phrase “three days and three nights” used to simply refer to three days as in Jonah 1:17 or by Jesus in Matthew 12:40. And finally, in Matthew 4:2, we read that after Jesus “fasted forty days and forty nights, He then became hungry.” Jesus fasted for forty days, not twenty, and certainly not eighty.

The question is about the NUMBER of Sacrifices that will be missed out on, not the number of days. The DAYS have nothing to do with the missing Sacrifices being spoken of. The question is how long will the Sanctuary be profaned.

Dan. 8:11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of the sanctuary was cast down. 12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered. 13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; {Evening and Mornings} then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

The Sanctuary will be Cleansed after 2300 Evening and Morning Oblations are missed. If it was 2300 days the Hebrew word YOWM would have been used. 

The Anti-Christ only rules 1260 Days as the Beast, so it can't be 2300 days. 

That is my best work there on this subject brother......Its an interesting subject no doubt.

Edited by Revelation Man

Just now, Da Puppers said:

Here is something that you may not be aware of.  If day 1 of the 1290/1335 days begins on Tishri 1, Day #1334/5 falls on Pentecost about 70% of the time.   "Blessed is he...Dan 12:12" corresponds to the future outpouring of the spirit on the feast of Pentecost,  and the 7 trumpets correspond to the feast of weeks.

Here is what I know, I do not know if I have quite got a grasp of how it all plays out exactly. ELUL 1-Yom Kippur is the 40 days of Mourning, when Israel puts an end to transgression and makes an end to sin (Daniel 9:24), as they Mourn for "Him whom they have pierced" (Zech. 12:10) This will be the last Yom Kippur celebrated, and is not celebrated in the Millennial reign. This will be preceded by the Great war (Zech. 12:1-9) There are 3.5 days btwn. Yom Kippur and Erev Sukkot. There are seventy five days from Sukkot to day 8 of fest of dedication when Israel will "anoint a most (Holy)holy place" (Daniel 9:24) Just like they did during the first feast of dedication. 

75 days is also equal to a half an hour, When You divide a perfect Hebrew decade of 3600 days (10 Years of 360 day years) Into 24 increments. Some say the earths tilt will be restored at some point in the final week thus restoring the perfect 360 day year and put an end to winter and summer and the 6.25 day discrepancy in the solar year as opposed to the Lunar year, Thus restoring the effects of the flood that caused the tilt in the earths axis, and caused the seasons to take place. ?? Decide for yourself on this theory??

Though I see Pentecost playing a role in end times, I think it has to do with the church. Like I said I have not worked out the details above of how the 1290, 1260, 1335 work in the final week exactly, but the 3.5 days, the half hour=75 days , and the 75 days btwn. sukkot (day 2) and day 8 of Hanukkah. That 75 days never changes. Does this silence for half an hour in the seventh seal mean 75 days? I do not know for certain.

I would be curious to hear how you put this together.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

9 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

1. AoD

2.Great tribulation and desolation (church present),

3.Revelation of the man of sin. 

My point being that because the AoD is seen before HE is revealed means that Paul is not alluding to the AoD when he speaks of this man of sin.   They are totally different events.   I'm not trying to be critical,  just trying to get you to grasp the basics of my understanding,  but if this is not within your grasp of understanding how things happen,  our views take divergent paths at this point.   If you wish to pursue my thought patterns,  I would be glad to continue. 

Be Blessed 

The PuP 

1. Rapture

2. AoD happens 1290 days before the Second Coming.

3. The Man of Sin is loosed or "REVEALED" at the First Seal or 1260 days from the Second Coming. The First Six Seals are all released on the same day. Thus the Day of the Lord God's Wrath ensues for the next 3.5 years. So both the Departure of the Church AND the Man of Sin come onto the scene BEFORE the Great and Dreadful day of the Lord. {God's Wrath}

The False Prophet, a High Priest like unto Jason under Antiochus, places the IMAGE of the E.U. President {Beast} in the Temple 30 days before he becomes THE BEAST, so we agree on that portion.

Edited by Revelation Man

2 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

I don't know if I have gotten my point across,  but my point is this.   The order of things are this: 

1. AoD

2.Great tribulation and desolation (church present),

3.Revelation of the man of sin. 

My point being that because the AoD is seen before HE is revealed means that Paul is not alluding to the AoD when he speaks of this man of sin.   They are totally different events.   I'm not trying to be critical,  just trying to get you to grasp the basics of my understanding,  but if this is not within your grasp of understanding how things happen,  our views take divergent paths at this point.   If you wish to pursue my thought patterns,  I would be glad to continue. 

No, We are not far off, But I do equate the Man of sin declaring himself God in the Holy Place as the abomination...

Simply:

A Of D=Man of sin Revelation

Begins a 1260 day time of abominations 

Day of Christ, When He comes, he will Kill the man of sin with the spirit of His mouth and the brightness of his coming. 2 Thess. 2:8

In case you have not figured it out, I do not believe in the Mortal wound theory, which most pre-tribbers have in their beliefs. it is one of those beliefs that is so ingrained in our head, and is hard to argue against, but Only one of the heads is Wounded of the seven headed beast. (Which is probably why your revelation of the man of sin is later?) You can kill a king, which would be a Horn, as in Daniel's prophecy of the little horn, But a head is a Hill, a Kingdom if you will, So One of seven kingdoms is wounded so to speak... We could extend this into current events, Not saying this is the explanation of the beast, but Trump getting elected, is like a blow to the Globalist beast, a mortal wound to one of its heads....  Do You see what I am saying here?

The Book of Revelation is addressed to the church, not to Israel, In fact Israel is only mentioned 3 times, and Only Once is this mention relevant to eschatology, with regards to the 144K, and the 12 tribes. The first mention is as an example from the past (Re: Balaam), and the Last is the names of the Gates at the end of Revelation. Jerusalem is mention 3x and all in regard to the NEW Jerusalem. Most of the mentions of the temple refer to the heavenly temple, with the exception of the measuring of the temple in Rev 11. 1-2, which is the earthly temple. So how someone can say Israel is the focus of revelation is beyond me?

What the first half of the week is, is the great tribulation, what the second half of the week is, is the time of Jacob's trouble

And he (The man of Sin) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: (One week is the duration of the covenant ) and in the midst (for Half of) of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, (Part of the covenant is that no daily sacrifice shall take place in the Temple) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate (As there will be a half week long time of abominations), even until the consummation (Destruction), and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (The death of the Man of Sin,which we know from 2 thess. 2:8 is by Jesus)  (Daniel9:27, parenthesis mine)

JACOB'S Trouble:

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. (Daniel 12:1) 

Notice how directly this points to Israel, The nation, As opposed to revelation which barely mentions Israel.

3 For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it. 4 And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah. 5 For thus saith the LORD; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace. 6 Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness? 7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it. 8 For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him: 9 But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them. (Jer. 30:3-9)

Because of what is said in Matthew 24 about the great tribulation, and similar language being used to describe this time period, Many have equated the great tribulation and Jacob's Trouble.  

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. (Matthew 24:21)

But if you look closely, they are quite different. 

3 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

As you know,  changing long held beliefs,  based on unsubstantiated evidence,  is hard to change.   Because so few alternatives have been presented,  and because the truth of the matter has been elusive to identify (the Day of Christ is one of those mysteries), people have accepted the most plausible explanation that was based on an errant understanding that there would be a pretrib rapture of the church.

People have been Looking through one set of Glasses at revelation, because it is the only set they have. As we get closer to the event, and are getting older, those glasses do not work as well, we need to buy newer and stronger glasses. But in this Laodicean Age, Our eyesight is so weak, we need to get some Eyesalve in order to see (Rev 3:18) as the reading glasses in the grocery store are no longer strong enough.