Sera

Modern Churches - Am I the only person that gets so bored?

3 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Men's suits are available cheap at Good Will Stores.

Not in my area. Not all cities or towns wear mens suits even in a business setting. Out in phoenix for example very few wear suits. 

31 minutes ago, Who me said:

Two suggestions.

first that you speak to the preacher about the sound levals. Something along the lines.

' I would love to know what you spoke about but I was so deafened by the music that you were inaudible.'

Second use the 'mysteryworshipper' page of the shipoffools uk web site to post a review of each church you visit as you seach for one that seeks to practice what it preaches.

Shipoffools is a horrible site. I visited their chatroom one time years ago and was witnessing to a buddhist that was there and told to stop by their mod. The mod told me he was an atheist. An atheist mod at a so called Christian site telling a Christian not to witness. Then he supposedly quoted scripture to me saying John 7:24 You are told to join the lemmings in jumping off the cliff (or something like that). So I looked up john 7:24. It says Do not judge according to sight, but judge righteous judgment.

Im a bit stunned by the judgmentalism that has been going on in this thread. 

One of the best churches I have been to is on the navajo reservation. No one there has business suits or could afford any. (strike 1 for some of you) The men and some women wore jeans and tshirts. (strike 2 for some of you) Few have fancy clothes or can afford them. They sing songs at times in navajo and read from a navajo bible (not the kjv, strike 3 for some of you)

The church I go to does not have the old hymns. We have Messianic music (strike 1 for some of you). There is dancing during the singing with some going barefoot as they dance (strike 2 for some of you) Its 115 yesterday and likely just as hot today. No one is wearing business suits. Some will likely wear shorts. (strike 3 for some of you)

Yet those 2 churches are very Spirit filled with solid Christians. 

Makes me glad I do not attend the churches some of you go to. I would spend more time worrying about whether or not I meet your standards rather than giving myself to worshipping the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

21 hours ago, Sera said:

Sadly my friend we've tried a number of "modern" churches near where we live, and it follows the same pattern.

Entertainment, little of the word, give us your money and cya later :(

I have joked for years about starting my own fellowship, the number of people who've said to me "you'd make a great pastor" out of the blue makes me think sometimes....

I don't like noisy churches.   I prefer a more reverent or quieter church as I think we can commune more with the Lord that way.   We can hear His voice in our hearts as we worship and hear the Word.

I understand PCA (Presbyterian Church America) are sound, Bible believing churches, and they would probably be more quiet.   I wish we had one in my neighborhood.   (Avoid PCUSA as they are very liberal.)

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Im a bit stunned by the judgmentalism that has been going on in this thread. 

One of the best churches I have been to is on the navajo reservation. No one there has business suits or could afford any. (strike 1 for some of you) The men and some women wore jeans and tshirts. (strike 2 for some of you) Few have fancy clothes or can afford them. They sing songs at times in navajo and read from a navajo bible (not the kjv, strike 3 for some of you)

The church I go to does not have the old hymns. We have Messianic music (strike 1 for some of you). There is dancing during the singing with some going barefoot as they dance (strike 2 for some of you) Its 115 yesterday and likely just as hot today. No one is wearing business suits. Some will likely wear shorts. (strike 3 for some of you)

Yet those 2 churches are very Spirit filled with solid Christians. 

Makes me glad I do not attend the churches some of you go to. I would spend more time worrying about whether or not I meet your standards rather than giving myself to worshipping the Lord.

Cheers to you!  :clap: :emot-heartbeat:

• Oy Vey! 1