• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 14 July 2019 at 7:15 PM, Abdicate said:

You don't believe the word of God:

Mark 11:25-26

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.  But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 6:14-15

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,   but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

I wonder why you will not quote Luke 17. Is it because it destroys your argument.

Nor have you engaged with the whole of the OT, which teaches that there must be repentance in offering sacrifice or to get God to restore Israel.

Then there is the issue of how does God forgive. In all the preaching recorded in the bible, repent is a key element.

Yet you do not believe it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Repentance is required for God’s forgiveness because it is His law we’ve broken. The next time someone breaks your law, you may choose to forgive them after an apology. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5

On 14 July 2019 at 7:15 PM, Abdicate said:

You don't believe the word of God:

Mark 11:25-26
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.  But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,   but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Luke 17:3‘If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying “I repent,” you must forgive them.’

It is very clear, if they repent then wemust forgive.

10 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Ahhhh...  no. We forgive regardless of their status. Forgiveness is for the offended not the offendee... if YOU do not forgive, the Father will NOT forgive you.

Read Luke 17, who is speaking?

A question for you. Does God forgive with out requing repentance?

note Jesus on the cross did not forgive, but asked God to forgive them.

Jesus was doing what we should do when dealing with an unrepentant offender.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 7/11/2019 at 8:09 PM, Lee_ said:

Is it supposed to be to all people unconditionally or only to people who repent and ask? The reason I ask is because I might have read in a GotQuestions question and answer that you're only supposed to forgive if someone repents and asks (might not have gotten that right) and it's not supposed to be unconditional and for everyone. Right now though I'm going with unconditional forgiveness and for everyone.

"Unconditional" can be overused. Forgive a spouse who beats you but separate from the spouse--which is not divorce--until they go to anger counseling.

On 19 July 2019 at 4:23 PM, Abdicate said:

Spin it whatever way makes you feel good, but it doesn't change the fact that Jesus said forgive one another or the Father will not forgive you. The focus is on humans to humans, not God to humans. So your grudge with other humans will affect your forgiveness with the Father BECAUSE you now know the truth. Plus, unforgiveness manifests in our bodies as disease, which is spoken of multiple times in the scriptures.

Why do you accuse me of spin?

What don't you understand about the sacrifical system that ended with Jesus?

Do you know how people become Christian?

Everything I've posted is based on the bible, so do you know your bib;e as well as you claim?

15 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

What do you not understand about this verse?

1 John 5:18
We know that whoever is born of God doesn’t sin, but he who was born of God keeps himself, and the evil one doesn’t touch him.

When you say things that are contrary to the word of God I correct you, just like it says. 2 Tim 3:16

A verse capping contest is pointless.

We are talking about forgiveness.

I am saying that God has always through out the bible only forgiven those who repent of their sin.

You are saying that this does not matter and that no matter what terrible thing is done to us we Must forgive the unrepentant offender.

17 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

You do not believe the word of God therefore you do not have the fear of God which is the beginning of wisdom and you miss His warnings for the wishy-washy fruitless sermons of men. God said to forgive others and if you do not, He will not forgive you. That is the word of God.

Interesting. You've gone from using the bible to attacks on me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

30 minutes ago, Who me said:

A verse capping contest is pointless.

We are talking about forgiveness.

I am saying that God has always through out the bible only forgiven those who repent of their sin.

You are saying that this does not matter and that no matter what terrible thing is done to us we Must forgive the unrepentant offender.

Jesus was able to forgive those who were hurting Him and they were unrepentant, kept on.  

Luke 23:34  Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.   35 And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.   36 And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar,...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/11/2019 at 8:09 PM, Lee_ said:

Is it supposed to be to all people unconditionally or only to people who repent and ask? The reason I ask is because I might have read in a GotQuestions question and answer that you're only supposed to forgive if someone repents and asks (might not have gotten that right) and it's not supposed to be unconditional and for everyone. Right now though I'm going with unconditional forgiveness and for everyone.

I'm a firm believer in forgiving, regardless of the attitude of the person you're forgiving. I kinda see it this way: You can forgive a lion for eating one of your children, but you are stupid if you allow the rest of your children to continue playing around the lion.