• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

22 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Please tell me why someone would do this. It is very common. You see it on men and women. 

images.jpg.49add14e7aa0e1f3efc801e344e668b8.jpg

Pride?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

17 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Oh goody! I am just in time for the tattoo debate. I'll get the pop corn! :hurrah: 

17 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Alrighty, then. Let's melt some fresh creamery butter, and get a little cracked sea salt! :P

I'll bring the salsa and tortilla chips . . .  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

2 hours ago, shortangel said:

I've never seen an infection that bad of somebody having a Tatoo removed that looks painful :(

I've been told that getting a tattoo is a painful process and its not cheap by some friends that have them. Several have had neck or face tatts removed due to problems getting work or the images themselves - and the pain of removal is worse. Oh, yeah, and you get to pay more money for the removal too! Infections can happen any time you're doing something that breaks the skin . . . but that was likely a severe (possibly drug resistant) case in the pic. 

I admit that I have seen some very good artwork in some tattoos, but I don't think I'll get one myself partly because I can't spend the money on one in good conscience. I am also not the Holy Spirit, so I will allow others the freedom to decide for themselves to get one or not. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

21 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

To quote a old song from Carly Simon, I haven't got time for the pain...

Re-post.

• Haha 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, Spock said:

You didn’t answer my simple question........do you keep all the 613 laws as set forth by Moses (tattoo being one of them)?  If you INSIST WE HAVE TO KEEP the law of no tattoos then you must insist on keeping all of them. This is not a cafeteria plan, you know?

So do you keep ALL of them?  If not, why are you being so legalistic about tattoos? 

That claim is a lie.   I don't have to keep all 613 laws.  Some were fulfilled at the cross and were not designed to continue forever, and some show Israel clean and the gentiles dirty, and the symbolism changed at the cross.  We are responsible for obeying the moral laws.

8 hours ago, Spock said:

Well, if you only keep the MORAL LAWS, guess what?  I’ve never heard of “Thou shall not wear tattoos.”

Google Old Testament Moral Laws.....if you are interested in knowing the MORAL LAWS.

Honestly, this conversation always goes the same way so let me tell you how it ends....

someone tells us we should keep one of the 613 mitzvahs as set forth by Moses, known as the Mosaic law. In this instance, it is tattoos, next time it will be someone telling us we should not eat pig......whatever......and then I say, fine, so do you keep all 613 mitzvahs?  You avoid the question because you know you don’t. You just want to make a big deal about the one law you do keep, which to me makes me feel you are talking down to those who don’t keep that law, in this instance, tattoos. 

At this point,   The debate is now officially over with because it has no where else to go.  If you don’t keep all 613, you have no standing to advocate for the keeping of the one that you do keep.  The only person who possibly could continue the discussion with proper standing is the one who actually does keep all 613. Good luck in finding that person......

So unless you tell us you absolutely keep all 613 laws, you have no standimg to continue this discussion.......I know you don’t believe in tattoos just as I don’t, but the difference is I don’t use them because I’m not interested, and apparently you do it to please God, I suppose.  Let’s leave it at that. If you believe this pleases God, good for you. However I do not believe you have the right to accuse one of sinning if they do have a tattoo.  I believe this is being LEGALISTIC. Many of us here believe we are not under the Mosaic Law but rather under the New Covenant. 

For those who missed this link, here is the Mosaic Law, the 613 mitzvahs God set forth for ISRAEL to follow when they left Egypt. Enjoy....

https://havurahshirhadash.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/mitzvot1.pdf

I most certainly do have standing to advocate for keeping some and not others.  It is propaganda saying if we advocate against necromancy,  for instance, we must keep all 613 laws.  The same thing applies here.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

6 hours ago, Spock said:

Does this mean you follow all 613 mitzvahs?  Or at least the ones that don’t involve a Temple. 

Do you believe anyone putting a tattoo on them is sinning?

Just curious, do you ever eat pig, shrimp, rabbit, duck, catfish or any fish without a scale and fin, and all shell fish including lobster. 

Those were laws of separation only to the Jews before the gospel was taken to the gentiles.  God no longer sees gentiles as common or unclean so the symbolism changed.  We are only responsible for the moral laws.  Defiling our temple with tattoos violates a moral law.

5 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

I have 6 tattoos n I don't believe i'm gonna burn for it. They made not be your cup of tea but your not to judge....correct?

Just my two bits,  JJ

The Bible judges tattoos to be sin, but not unpardonable if you repent.

• Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Those were laws of separation only to the Jews before the gospel was taken to the gentiles.  God no longer sees gentiles as common or unclean so the symbolism changed.  We are only responsible for the moral laws.  Defiling our temple with tattoos violates a moral law.

Would you mind exactly telling me what the moral laws are that you follow? It is obviously more than the 10 commandments because it includes tattoos. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Spock said:

Would you mind exactly telling me what the moral laws are that you follow? It is obviously more than the 10 commandments because it includes tattoos. 

I gave you one, necromancy.  How about not marrying your widowed Mother or your sister, OT laws.