Sign in to follow this  
frienduff thaylorde

Has anyone else heard about this .

4 hours ago, Gerlinde24 said:

I read various newspapers and magazines (including "Der Spiegel" from Germany, and "Stern", also from Germany), and television shows I see from Germany (public television such as ARD and ZDF), but also BBC and CNN, because they are real journalists. The "reporters" of Fox News do not report the whole truth, but conceal a lot. The phenomenon that the powerful help only their rich friends, we find not only in the US, but also in Russia, China, Turkey and Saudi Arabia, just to name a few countries.

The news outlets you listen to are left-wing propaganda.  Fox news, while not perfect, is by far the most reliable news source we have.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, other one said:

you should check the tax revenue for each physical year.  With the tax cuts that the President pushed through, our receipts of taxes went up each year.

2014   3.02 Trillion

2015    3.25  Trillion

2016    3.27 Trillion

2017    3.32  Trillion

2018    3.33   Trillion

2019    3.44    Trillion   estimated if the economy keeps going as is.

So lowering taxes actually brought in more money to the government because so many more are working and paying taxes.

Our problem is not under taxing, it is over spending; and both parties are to blame over it.   And from what I heard yesterday the Democrats put a bunch more spending into the bill to raise the total debt limit that they are trying to get passed and everyone who votes for it should not be reelected...…   and that would include the President.

btw I am not a needy billionaire but my taxes went down about $1,800 from the tax cut.   everyone's that I am aware of went down.   And being on a fixed income that $1,800 made much more of an impact on my lifestyle than the ones for the billionaires.

Those numbers are nice....my friend that lost her home to medical bills will be overjoyed to be informed about those receipts!

All politicians fall into one of two categories—- With Democrat’s Its “ tax , tax. Spend , spend.......With Republicans it’s “ borrow, borrow, spend, spend”......May God help our children and grandchildren who ultimately will be picking up the tab.....

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Those numbers are nice....my friend that lost her home to medical bills will be overjoyed to be informed about those receipts!

All politicians fall into one of two categories—- With Democrat’s Its “ tax , tax. Spend , spend.......With Republicans it’s “ borrow, borrow, spend, spend”......May God help our children and grandchildren who ultimately will be picking up the tab.....

We need a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.

• Praise God! 1

40 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

We need a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.

all they have to do is vote no on raising the debt limit...  automatic balance the budget....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 2

Guest Gerlinde24
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

He may have an influence in the GOP, but he has full control of the Democratic party.

Satan has full control over the Democrats? Is this a joke? If, I can not laugh about it! From the point of view of a Christian European who has lived long in the US (especially Idaho and Maryland), I can tell you that Satan has no influence in both parties. Both want things for the American people, but have different ideas and plans. But both have one thing in common: when they are both in power, both parties are happy to forget what they have promised and to make poor people poorer and rich men richer. You could see that on George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, and you can see that by Donald Trump.

Edited by Gerlinde24
Had to remove a description of Donald Trump that belongs NO WHERE on any Christian forum.

Guest Gerlinde24
14 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

None of those arguments move me.  I am opposed to ANY gun control laws.  I would get rid of all the ones we have.

In Germany, there is a saying from the 19th century that rhymes. It states that a weapon-loving fool is his first victim. For in Germany in the nineteenth century, men were especially crazy about weapons because there were no weapons laws. As a result, many people died in neighborhood disputes, suicides and murders in marriage. And remained so until the end of World War II. It was not the Americans, the British and the French who made stricter weapons laws.

Americans were unable or unwilling to impose stricter gun laws. Measured at a thousand inhabitants, firearms in the US are the scene of most murders, suicides and firearms accidents. Years ago, I learned about a case that had happened in Michigan:
A seven-year-old boy took his uncle's gun to school and inadvertently shot a classmate. The boy was African American, also his mother. He was charged with murder, deprived of custody of his hardworking mother. The boy was not charged, but he was taken away from his mother, who had three jobs to survive. Why was not the White Uncle indicted who owned the weapon and who could safely lock away the gun? Why was the boy charged, even though it was an accident (in Germany children and adolescents up to 14 years are exempt from punishment, can not be sentenced)? In gun-loving America, things are going terribly wrong!

Guest Gerlinde24
15 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I don't care what outsiders think of us or our President.  You worry about your country and we will deal with ours.  I  love this nation, our President and our Constitution, the way it was originally intended to be interpreted.  God bless President Trump and the USA.

God bless Trump? A man who admitted in front of the camera to get sex by force? Who still refuses to publish a tax return that has been proven to lie several times a day? A president who has recently proven once again how racist and misogynist he is?
Do you really think God would bless such a person (in Germany there are many "nice" words for him, with Pinocchio being the nicest one as well), who is as incapable as president?
Obama, Clinton, yes, even George W. Bush were, with all the mistakes they had, far better presidents!

25 minutes ago, Gerlinde24 said:

In gun-loving America, things are going terribly wrong!

How many millions of innocents did germany kill in concentration camps? 

20 minutes ago, Gerlinde24 said:

God bless Trump? A man who admitted in front of the camera to get sex by force? Who still refuses to publish a tax return that has been proven to lie several times a day? A president who has recently proven once again how racist and misogynist he is?
Do you really think God would bless such a person (in Germany there are many "nice" words for him, with Pinocchio being the nicest one as well), who is as incapable as president?
Obama, Clinton, yes, even George W. Bush were, with all the mistakes they had, far better presidents!

You made a lot of claims that have no evidence. For instance, if the tax return has not been published, how has it been proven to be false? There is also no requirement for a president to publish his tax return. 

Perhaps you neglected to read the terms of service you agreed to, which states that you cant defame a world leader. Disagree with policies all you want to, but no one is permitted to insult a world leader, whether its obama or trump. It goes against the bible. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Gerlinde24
15 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

The Bible is not superstition and man doesn't know more than God.   They were not to wear clothes of mixed fabric but there was no penalty mentioned for doing it.  I do know my Bible.  

Israel's legal code was based on the law of Moses and did have a death penalty for many crimes.  We aren't required to have the same penalties, but here is the difference.  Murder defiles the land and executing the killer is the only way to cleanse it.  That is an eternal principle.

Who wore mixed clothing or shelfish ate, was killed, according to Leviticus, as Sabbath breakers, disobedient children.

A man could sell his wife and children into slavery to pay debts. A raped woman had to marry her rapist if he paid the bride price. That's what the law looked like.
A law that is fulfilled by the Atonement of Christ and no longer valid for Christians. Read the whole letter from Paul to the Galatians. Paul explains everything in detail there.
And yet, especially many American Christians love the Old Testament. I was wondering why? And I came to the conclusion that American Christians read the Old and New Testaments selectively, and pick only what helps their argument.

But one must not read the Bible selectively, because it will lose the meaning of the message. It would be like making a speech about you and calling someone else an idiot, and the press would write as if I thought you were an idiot. What, to take this example, would be completely wrong.
I explain to you how I read the Bible:
First, I read a chapter. Then I try to find out what the message of the chapter is (what the writer wanted to say). Then I look at each verse, see how it was translated (I've written many Bible-explanatory books, written by theologians, as well as some dictionaries on ancient Greek and Aramaic), and whether the translation is correct, or that Source word still allows further translation options. This gives me a picture of what is really in the Bible and not an image that is being interpreted into.

For example, we all know the story of Sodom. How two men / angels / messengers came to Lot to warn him of the destruction of the city. As the male inhabitants of the city wanted to rape both men (gang rape, to humiliate the men), and Lot offered his daughters for it.
Christians claim that the city was homosexual, and was therefore destroyed. But if people were gay, Lot's offer would not have made sense. In addition, rape of the opponents was a widespread custom in antiquity to humiliate opponents and enemies, to make them "like a woman".

But why was the city really destroyed? In addition Ezekiel:

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.(Ezekiel 16: 49, 50, KJV)

Ezekiel uses the word abomination here. Word comes from the French, meaning "horror, repugnance, disgust." The word abomination can also be used to refer to a person or object utterly loathsome and repellent. But what does the word say in Hebrew:

tōʻēḇā

From the German page Bibelwissenschaft.de:
The (German) word "abomination (Gräuel)" denotes something disgusting, e.g. a heinous act. In German Bible translations, "abomination" is the Hebrew term תּוֹעֵבָה tō'evah again, which occurs 117 times in the Old Testament. He is an antithesis to רָצוֹן rāṣôn "well pleased" (→ pleased). With him persons, actions, attitudes, objects and foreign gods are negative shown, in order to demand a strict demarcation of them. The meaning of the word contains a strong emotional element, which is also reflected in the denominatively formed verb תעב t'b "abhor" (eg Deut 7.26, Deut 23: 8, Hi 5:19; 1, etc.) as well as in the defendant's experience of being "disgusted" towards friends (Ps 88: 9).

"Abomination" characterizes - also intensified emotionally - the actions, things, persons, attitudes and foreign gods, which contradict YHWH and / or its people by their nature. This shows a specific use in individual text areas: "Atrocity" refers to actions that endanger the family structure and the social context and from which the Israelite s are to delineate themselves.

Source: https://www.bibelwissenschaft.de/wibilex/das-bibellexikon/lexikon/sachwort/anzeigen/details/graeuel/ch/26e48c39c15f505727f69df7dbbf5805/

The word abomination in Leviticus, for example, refers to what was and is not allowed for God and the priests. What led one to God, and what drove someone away from God.
For example, the ancient Israelites did not understand that a woman who has her days is not unclean, and set rules. Today we know that the female bleeding is something natural, at that time it was considered a woman's curse.
Do you understand what I mean?
At that time, many things did not yet know what we know about them today. And much that was normal in the ancient world would never be done today (for example having slaves).

Sign in to follow this